fred

Default B&Q Cable clearance

My nearest B&Q warehouse (Braehead) is clearing out reels of old colour
mains cables & tails:

2.5mm x 50m T/E 12.28
1.0mm x 50m T/E 7.28
16mm x 25m Earth 8.57
16mm x 25m Tails Black 7.11
16mm x 25m Tails Red 7.27
25mm x 25m Tails Black 10.00ish IIRC
25mm x 25m Tails Red no stock

Not a mega bargain for the T/E but well worth holding stock of the old
colours.

Sadly not at all warehouses tho' as another still had the 25mm tails at
28quid!
--
fred
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
fred wrote:
My nearest B&Q warehouse (Braehead) is clearing out reels of old colour
mains cables & tails:

2.5mm x 50m T/E 12.28
1.0mm x 50m T/E 7.28
16mm x 25m Earth 8.57
16mm x 25m Tails Black 7.11
16mm x 25m Tails Red 7.27
25mm x 25m Tails Black 10.00ish IIRC
25mm x 25m Tails Red no stock

The TW&E prices are higher than TLC - at the 100 mtr rate.

The tails may be cheaper, but not many DIYers would 'stock' these, and a
pro should be using the correct stuff.

--
*Why is it considered necessary to screw down the lid of a coffin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
fred

In article , Owain owain47125
@stirlingcity.coo.uk writes
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
My nearest B&Q warehouse (Braehead) is clearing out reels of old colour
mains cables & tails:
16mm x 25m Earth 8.57

The tails may be cheaper, but not many DIYers would 'stock' these, and a
pro should be using the correct stuff.

The "old colour" earth is either *very* old, or B&Q have got a bit
confused and are giving away a bargain in green-and-yellow!

You passed the test, the only non old colour in the list ;-)

As Dave pointed out, TLC is cheaper at the 100m rate but I reckoned it
was good to get old colour stock, the tails will do my sub-main when I
move my consumer unit (with trunking for additional protection), again the
length is more than I need but the colour consistency may save me
hassle. At these prices I can strip the insulation and still sell the scrap for
a profit.
--
fred
DJC

fred wrote:
My nearest B&Q warehouse (Braehead) is clearing out reels of old colour
mains cables & tails:

2.5mm x 50m T/E 12.28
1.0mm x 50m T/E 7.28
16mm x 25m Earth 8.57
16mm x 25m Tails Black 7.11
16mm x 25m Tails Red 7.27
25mm x 25m Tails Black 10.00ish IIRC
25mm x 25m Tails Red no stock

Not a mega bargain for the T/E but well worth holding stock of the old
colours.

B&Q Enfield last month:

2.5mm x 25m T/E 2.58
1.5mm x 25m T/E 2.19
1.0mm x 25m T/E 1.54

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"
fred

In article , DJC
writes

B&Q Enfield last month:

2.5mm x 25m T/E 2.58
1.5mm x 25m T/E 2.19
1.0mm x 25m T/E 1.54

Trumped in my minor gloat, bugger :-)
--
fred

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
fred wrote:
At these prices I can strip the insulation and still sell the scrap for
a profit.

;-) I somehow doubt B&Q would sell anything at less than scrap price.

--
*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory *