ARWadsworth

Default OT Keystoke Logger-The result

The lodger has left.

I stuck a cheap camera in the computer room and connected it to the VCR in
my bedroom. After recording her in the computer room going through all the
desk drawers and paper files I then moved the camera to my bedroom and
recorded her looking through all drawers, cupboards and wardrobes.

I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost of the
change of door locks.

Adam

Colin Wilson

The lodger has left.
I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost of the
change of door locks.

Congrats !

What was her response when you told her what you`d done ?

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
ARWadsworth

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
The lodger has left.
I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost of
the
change of door locks.

Congrats !

What was her response when you told her what you`d done ?

Silence. She walked out leaving all her stuff and has gone to stop at her
friends house.

Adam

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

ARWadsworth wrote:
"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
The lodger has left.
I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost
of the
change of door locks.

Congrats !

What was her response when you told her what you`d done ?

Silence. She walked out leaving all her stuff and has gone to stop at
her friends house.

She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you
wait and see

Si

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:46:22 +0100, "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you
wait and see

Surely "the camera was there to ensure the safety of the tenants"?

If she were to complain the landlord could merely point out all the
valuable and rare objects that he'd had stolen over the previous few
months....the tenant would have to prove it wasn't them that was
taking the stuff...

Give the ex-tenant 2 weeks in writing to remove her stuff. Once the
two weeks have passed you can dispose of it how you like.

sponix

Mr Fizzion

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:57:56 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

The lodger has left.

I stuck a cheap camera in the computer room and connected it to the VCR in
my bedroom. After recording her in the computer room going through all the
desk drawers and paper files I then moved the camera to my bedroom and
recorded her looking through all drawers, cupboards and wardrobes.

I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost of the
change of door locks.

Adam

Well done! I first read "moved the camera to her bedroom". I'm
becoming an old pervert :-). Might have been fun though!!

I wonder what she was looking for...did you ask her?

Mr F.

Ed Sirett

wrote:

The lodger has left.

I stuck a cheap camera in the computer room and connected it to the VCR in
my bedroom. After recording her in the computer room going through all the
desk drawers and paper files I then moved the camera to my bedroom and
recorded her looking through all drawers, cupboards and wardrobes.

I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost of the
change of door locks.

Adam

Well done! I first read "moved the camera to her bedroom". I'm
becoming an old pervert :-). Might have been fun though!!

I wonder what she was looking for...did you ask her?

ISTR there was a case like that a few back. Where the Landlord decided to
monitor the tenants bedroom activities with a CCTV camera.

I think the whole matter came to court and the Judge (obviously) deemed
that the tenants had not recieved 'the quite enjoyment of the flat'. The
pervy Landlord was ordered to pay a large sum to the tenants in
compensation. IIRC comparable with the rent received during the tenancy.

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

[...]

The laws relating to lodgers are quite different from those relating to
rented accomodation where the tenant is in sole possession.

Yiu can't just sling someone out of rented acc. but you can sling a
lodger out.
Alex

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you
wait and see

Surely "the camera was there to ensure the safety of the tenants"?

But the DPA requires that CCTV usage is signposted "Images are being
recorded for the detection of crime blah blah"... Don't know if this is
required in this situation?

If she were to complain the landlord could merely point out all the
valuable and rare objects that he'd had stolen over the previous few
months....the tenant would have to prove it wasn't them that was
taking the stuff...

No, innocent until proven guilty.

alex.
Aidan

Alex wrote:

But the DPA requires that CCTV usage is signposted "Images are being

The most relevant bit is; "...I then moved the camera to my
bedroom...". The lodger wasn't invited into the OP's bedroom & if he
wants cameras in his bedroom, that's his business.

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:02:28 +0100, Alex
wrote:

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

If she were to complain the landlord could merely point out all the
valuable and rare objects that he'd had stolen over the previous few
months....the tenant would have to prove it wasn't them that was
taking the stuff...

No, innocent until proven guilty.

But..if she believes stuff has been stolen she'll obviously assume
she'd be prime suspect in any subsequent Police investigation!

She'd therefore be unlikely to kick up a fuss as the last thing she'd
want is to be dragged in for questioning whether guilty or not.

sponix
Christian McArdle

She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you
wait and see

Surely you can monitor your own bedroom?

Christian.

Bob Eager

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:35:57 UTC, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you
wait and see

Surely you can monitor your own bedroom?

And he always has the defence that he is in fact a perve, and likes to
have a camera in his bedroom...it's her fault she was noticed by it!

http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com
Mr F

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 17:35:57 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you
wait and see

Surely you can monitor your own bedroom?

Christian.

Depends who else is sleeping there and if they know! :-)

Mr F.

DJC

Christian McArdle wrote:
She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you
wait and see

Surely you can monitor your own bedroom?

More important surely is that she was invading his privacy in the first
place.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"

ARWadsworth

wrote:

She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring, you
wait and see

Surely "the camera was there to ensure the safety of the tenants"?

If she were to complain the landlord could merely point out all the
valuable and rare objects that he'd had stolen over the previous few
months....the tenant would have to prove it wasn't them that was
taking the stuff...

Give the ex-tenant 2 weeks in writing to remove her stuff. Once the
two weeks have passed you can dispose of it how you like.

I have no idea where her friend lives so I cannot write to her. I suppose
some pervert may buy her knickers on eBay (I do belive that used ones are
worth more according to my spam trap folder). I could keep the mobile
phones, laptop, DVD player, DVDs, TV and the X-Box that she has left.

Adam

ARWadsworth

wrote:

She'll try to have you for invasion of privacy and illegal monitoring,
you
wait and see

Surely you can monitor your own bedroom?

Christian.

Depends who else is sleeping there and if they know! :-)

Not sleeping but snooping.

Adam

Bob Eager

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 17:56:57 UTC, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

I have no idea where her friend lives so I cannot write to her. I suppose
some pervert may buy her knickers on eBay (I do belive that used ones are
worth more according to my spam trap folder).

If there are any that aren't used, wear them for a day...!

http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com
Cicero

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
.uk...

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:46:22 +0100, "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

snip
I have no idea where her friend lives so I cannot write to her. I suppose
some pervert may buy her knickers on eBay (I do belive that used ones are
worth more according to my spam trap folder). I could keep the mobile
phones, laptop, DVD player, DVDs, TV and the X-Box that she has left.

Adam

==================
Just a thought.....

In view of the lady's peculiar habits it's possible that the items you've
listed were stolen by her. It might be worth reporting the facts to the
police to ensure that you're not caught in possession of stolen property.

Cic.

ARWadsworth

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:46:22 +0100, "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

snip
I have no idea where her friend lives so I cannot write to her. I suppose
some pervert may buy her knickers on eBay (I do belive that used ones are
worth more according to my spam trap folder). I could keep the mobile
phones, laptop, DVD player, DVDs, TV and the X-Box that she has left.

Adam

==================
Just a thought.....

In view of the lady's peculiar habits it's possible that the items you've
listed were stolen by her. It might be worth reporting the facts to the
police to ensure that you're not caught in possession of stolen property.

Cic.

A good point.

Thank you.

Adam

David McNeish

In article ,
says...

But the DPA requires that CCTV usage is signposted "Images are being
recorded for the detection of crime blah blah"... Don't know if this is
required in this situation?

No, data processed only for personal, family or household affairs are
exempt from the DPA.

David
Bob Eager

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 15:02:28 UTC, Alex wrote:

But the DPA requires that CCTV usage is signposted "Images are being
recorded for the detection of crime blah blah"... Don't know if this is
required in this situation?

No, it isn't. Such use doesn't even come under the DPA.

http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/eventual.aspx?pg=SR&cID=5740

http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com
ARWadsworth

wrote:

The lodger has left.

I stuck a cheap camera in the computer room and connected it to the VCR in
my bedroom. After recording her in the computer room going through all the
desk drawers and paper files I then moved the camera to my bedroom and
recorded her looking through all drawers, cupboards and wardrobes.

I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost of the
change of door locks.

Adam

Well done! I first read "moved the camera to her bedroom". I'm
becoming an old pervert :-). Might have been fun though!!

I wonder what she was looking for...did you ask her?

She just walked out saying nothing.

Adam

ARWadsworth

wrote:

[...]

There was no contract other than a verbal one so no problem in slinging her
out. I suppose another one will turn up. They frequently do. It is just that
she was the first to take the ****.

Adam

Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or for HOT WATER ON D'MAND is now a whole lot easier. [email protected] Home Repair 22 June 7th 06 01:09 AM
OT Keystroke logger ARWadsworth UK diy 34 August 17th 05 07:44 PM
Radon test result Tom UK diy 39 March 8th 05 06:37 PM
RESULT: rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93 Woodchuck Bill Woodworking 33 October 29th 04 04:39 AM
UPDATE - Soft wreck vote might be voided (was RESULT: rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93) Woodchuck Bill Woodworking 3 October 26th 04 06:21 AM