Alan Bierbaum

I don't see any names that I recognise in the YES group; however, I do see a
bunch of "strange" email addresses. I hop all of them use the new group.

--
Alan Bierbaum

Web Site: http://www.calanb.com
Current project: http://home.comcast.net/~cabierbaum/

"Bill Aten" wrote in message
RESULT
unmoderated group rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93

Voting closed at 23:59:59 UTC, 21 Oct 2004.

snip
Voted YES

----
0000000000000000000.usenet-voter [at] votes.cc Wayne J.

Stern
727r34q02 [at] sneakemail.com Lewis

Statler
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa**** [at] ********pussy****.com JOAT loves

Dick
aaabbbccc [at] netcop.com BAD's

Revenge
aames [at] grungecafe.com Tommy

Aames
aarod [at] wicked-bitch.zzn.com Lynne

Aarod
abdulahmed4 [at] maktoob.com Abdul

Ahmed IV
abw [at] eid.com Alexandria B.

Wojciechowski
adamson [at] idxc.org Reginald

Adamson
al-mazroa [at] maktoob.com Adnan

Al-Mazroa
alberta [at] grafxhousenetwork.net Mindy

Alberta
alfredo [at] stromboli.uni.cc Alfredo

Stromboli
alfredomartinez510 [at] hotmail.com Alfredo

Martinez
alicia [at] 6k2.com Alicia

Brownstone
snip
boycrazyfaggot [at] backstreetboysclub.com Maurice

Queen
bradley_wolfen [at] yahoo.com Bradley

Wolfen
bruno [at] stromboli.uni.cc Bruno

Stromboli
buellrider [at] emailgroups.net Heather

Mullahey
bulldog [at] smapxsmap.net John

Asaki
bunghole53 [at] lycos.com Lucia

Vega
burtlovasik [at] yahoo.com Burt

Lovasik
snip
gt [at] whoever.com Glenn

Tomas
gussauros [at] fastimap.com Gus

Sauros
h.roxanne [at] uku.co.uk Roxanne

Hogan
hans.sluzeb [at] atlas.cz Hans

Sluzeb
harcourt [at] frenchclub.zzn.com Frasier

Harcourt
harry.jaques [at] aggressive.com Harry

Jaques

myrnacarson@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.
com
Myrna

Carson
hillary_ardschlock [at] yahoo.com Hillary

Ardschlock
snip
puppyloverpsychobitch [at] yahoo.com Allister

Crawthorne
queenie388 [at] lycos.com Stephanie

Hasselhov
quincy.fuscienne [at] australia.edu Quincy

Fuscienne
r2g5t [at] u2club.com Miles

Lincoln
ragmuffins [at] linuxmail.org Luke

Phyllis
rainer [at] ezc.info Henry

Rainer
ramirovialpando [at] hotmail.com Ramiro

Vialpando
raylene.b [at] Alice-Cooper.zzn.com Raylene

Bossi
snip
xballer [at] ballerstatus.net Dom

Reinoso
xboxgamer [at] uku.co.uk Charlene

Smithers
xiang.tai [at] Taiwanese.zzn.com Xiang

Tai
zoophobia [at] linuxmail.org Howard C.

Johnston
ztbs [at] scientist.com Leroy

Flambendt
zztop [at] yummy.org Roger

Bonomi

Voted NO

----
abartel [at] fairwayford.ca Allan

Bartel
akgm [at] austin.rr.com Gary

Milliorn
andy [at] andyjeffries.co.uk Andy

Jeffries
arfenarf [at] hotmail.com KW

Brown
bakaatz [at] anybody.com

bakaatz
balsapilot1 [at] yahoo.com Ed

Kristofferson
bmailman [at] sfo.com Brian

Mailman
Bob.Hutch [at] verizon.net Bob

Hutch
bridgerb [at] cox.net

bridger
brysonwilma [at] sbcglobal.net Bryson

Allen
cabierbaum [at] comcast.net Alan

Bierbaum
snip

Mark & Juanita

On 22 Oct 2004 03:51:59 GMT, Woodchuck Bill wrote:

(Bill Aten) wrote in :

RESULT
unmoderated group rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93

Damn. It passed. I'm in shock.

Interesting perusing the list of those voting for it -- Man in the
Doorway?
Woodchuck Bill

"Alan Bierbaum" wrote in
:

I don't see any names that I recognise in the YES group; however, I do
see a bunch of "strange" email addresses. I hop all of them use the
new group.

We may never know. Voters are only expected to read the group..not
necessarily to post to it.

--
Bill
Dave Balderstone

In article , Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

Damn. It passed. I'm in shock.

I'm not. The current voting process is a sham.

I can write a script that will cast 500 yes, and 500 no votes for every
CFV posted from legitimate email address (in that the ACK won't
bounce). They will all be real votes under the current system.

It's very tempting.

Kevin Craig

In article , Alan Bierbaum
wrote:

I don't see any names that I recognise in the YES group; however, I do see a
bunch of "strange" email addresses. I hop all of them use the new group.

For instance:
Voted YES
( . . . )
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa**** [at] ********pussy****.com JOAT
loves Dick

Yep. That's family friendly, appropriate for all ages.

Kevin
Dave Balderstone

In article , Kevin Craig
wrote:

Yep. That's family friendly, appropriate for all ages.

And we all look forward to their first post.

The voting procedure for new groups is a farce. Once you accept that,
it all comes into a meaningless focus.

I really wish Vido had the balls to stick with the moderated proposal.
But he wussed out, like so many cowards... unable to defend what he
thought he believed in. Now he can live with his choice.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:10:46 GMT, Kevin Craig
wrote:

In article , Alan Bierbaum
wrote:

I don't see any names that I recognise in the YES group; however, I do see a
bunch of "strange" email addresses. I hop all of them use the new group.

For instance:
Voted YES
( . . . )
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa**** [at] ********pussy****.com JOAT
loves Dick

Yep. That's family friendly, appropriate for all ages.

Kevin

well duuuhh... of course the trolls are gonna vote it in. it's
*perfect* for them. a self righteous self appointed arbiter of
morality and his vanity woodworking group. what a target.
Ba r r y

(Bill Aten) wrote in :

RESULT
unmoderated group rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93

Damn. It passed. I'm in shock.

Interesting perusing the list of those voting for it -- Man in the
Doorway?

Charlie Delf? G

Barry
Ba r r y

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:10:46 GMT, Kevin Craig
wrote:

In article , Alan Bierbaum
wrote:

I don't see any names that I recognise in the YES group; however, I do see a
bunch of "strange" email addresses. I hop all of them use the new group.

For instance:
Voted YES
( . . . )
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa**** [at] ********pussy****.com JOAT
loves Dick

Yep. That's family friendly, appropriate for all ages.

Kevin

Maybe that guy will post there all the time, the group is unmoderated.

Barry

Larry Bud

Dave Balderstone wrote in message stone.ca...
In article , Kevin Craig
wrote:

Yep. That's family friendly, appropriate for all ages.

And we all look forward to their first post.

The voting procedure for new groups is a farce. Once you accept that,
it all comes into a meaningless focus.

Absolutely. Since usenet is not a centralized database, there is no
governing body, just self-appointed gods, [snicker]. It's quite
funny.
Lawrence Wasserman

April 1st late this year?

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:15:18 -0600, Alan Bierbaum wrote:
I don't see any names that I recognise in the YES group; however, I do see a
bunch of "strange" email addresses. I hop all of them use the new group.

They won't, it'll just noise up the namespace and confuse people looking
for discussion. Ah well.

Woodchuck Bill

Dave Hinz wrote in news:2tsni3F2225qjU2@uni-
berlin.de:

They won't, it'll just noise up the namespace and confuse people looking
for discussion. Ah well.

Now they're planning to propose more new woodworking groups, and a
reorganization of rec.woodworking.

--
Bill
Dave Balderstone

In article , Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

Now they're planning to propose more new woodworking groups, and a
reorganization of rec.woodworking.

And given the farce that the voting procedure has been allowed to
deteriorate to, they'll quite possibly succeed.

Pity.

Woodchuck Bill

Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

Now they're planning to propose more new woodworking groups, and a
reorganization of rec.woodworking.

And given the farce that the voting procedure has been allowed to
deteriorate to, they'll quite possibly succeed.

The system hasn't changed much in 15 years or so, with the exception of
banning the changing of groups from unmoderated to moderated.

--
Bill
Bob Schmall

"Woodchuck Bill" wrote in message
Dave Hinz wrote in news:2tsni3F2225qjU2@uni-
berlin.de:

They won't, it'll just noise up the namespace and confuse people looking
for discussion. Ah well.

Now they're planning to propose more new woodworking groups, and a
reorganization of rec.woodworking.

--
Bill

I didn't vote because it IS a free country and they have the right to start
a news group. If they try to alter rec.woodworking, I will definitely vote,
and solicit opposing votes from as many people as I can find.

Bob

Dave Balderstone

In article , Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

The system hasn't changed much in 15 years or so

That's quite apparent.
Woodchuck Bill

Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

The system hasn't changed much in 15 years or so

That's quite apparent.

You're an *official* news.groupie now, Dave. (IIRC you called yourself a
"junior" member or something like that) They are generally a good group of
people, but they're very opposed to any kind of changes to the current
system. Both of us have made some very constructive suggestions in recent
weeks, and almost nothing has come of it.

--
Bill
Dave Balderstone

In article , Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

You're an *official* news.groupie now, Dave.

You're quite wrong. I've come to the conclusion that news.groups is a
complete waste of bandwidth.

Woodchuck Bill

Dave Balderstone wrote in
tone.ca:

You're an *official* news.groupie now, Dave.

You're quite wrong. I've come to the conclusion that news.groups is a
complete waste of bandwidth.

Sorry. It is a bit difficult to keep track of your status there. ;-)

At one point, you did refer to yourself as a "news.groups newbie".

I don't mean to patronize you. I kinda wish you'd stick around a bit longer
and help fix things down there.

--
Bill
Andy Dingley

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:43:47 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

You're quite wrong. I've come to the conclusion that news.groups is a
complete waste of bandwidth.

You should see the antics of UK Control

The Parish Council, run riot....

Woodchuck Bill

Andy Dingley wrote in
:

You're quite wrong. I've come to the conclusion that news.groups is a
complete waste of bandwidth.

You should see the antics of UK Control

At least the UK hierarchy has a verifiable vote-ack system to prevent
forgeries of e-mail addresses. The Big-8 needs this..like YESTERDAY.

--
Bill
Dave Balderstone

In article , Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

I don't mean to patronize you.

I've never thought you were patronizing, Bill. Certainly not in this
thread.

I kinda wish you'd stick around a bit longer
and help fix things down there.

I simply don't believe that things will be fixed, regardless of who
participates in the discussion.

Given what's considered to be a valid vote, I think it's hopeless.
RKG

Woodchuck Bill wrote:
(Bill Aten) wrote in :

RESULT
unmoderated group rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93

Damn. It passed. I'm in shock.

So what's the problem it passed. Big deal. Does that mean everyone
that knows anything about woodworking will leave this group and go over
to the new one - Not Likely.

I'm relatively new to woodworking less than 2 years since I retired and
although I have been messing with computers for over 20 years I have
never had much need or use for newsgroups over those years. I
subscribed to this one and a wine making one about 6 months ago. I will
likely also subscribe to the new one at least for a while. If it proves
useless I will dump it.

I joined this one because I know there are a lot of people out there
with a lot of information they are willing to share and I have a lot to
learn. Occasionally a topic will come up when I can help, I spent
nearly 30 years in a Nuclear plant as an Industrial Electrician and
Electronics technician. I took up woodworking when I retired and it is
a great way to keep busy and the mind active.

I've found my newsreader - outlook express only downloads the headers so
if I see an OT post that doesn't interest me I use the most important
tool in my arsenal - my brain. OT political - likely some zealot who
figures if we don't agree with him we are lost - pass on to the next
thread. Coarse language - big deal- As a Christian I try not to use it,
occasionally I do, but I have realized that if you do it's not my
problem so it doesn't really bother me.

Basicily what I am saying is a new news group great. Hopefully there
will be new people we can learn from or help if not it will likely die a
slow death, why worry about it.

Rick
Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

(Bill Aten) wrote in :

RESULT
unmoderated group rec.woodworking.all-ages passes 283:93

Damn. It passed. I'm in shock.

Interesting perusing the list of those voting for it -- Man in the
Doorway?

Well, there are something like 80,000 newgroups in Usenet...
and I don't see why having one more will make any serious difference.
Also, it is a pretty impressively small number of folks that can
create one. Consider that there are thousands (if not tens of
thousands) of people that read THIS newsgroup around the world...yet
only 373 cared enough to vote yea or nay on this one.
Remember...simply adding another group to post to does NOT
mean that rec.woodworking is going to be canceled and vanish.
In any case, the bottom line is that those folks that find
this too difficult a forum to deal with now have another place to go.
I will be interested to see if there is any traffic there at all.
I have tested the waters in a number of Ford-related groups, and,
found that in many, the only folks that post there are the spammers
that hit ALL the groups. So...post and read there if you want to...
or not...if you don't.

Regards
Dave Mundt

LRod

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:32:02 -0700, (Bill Aten) wrote:

Voted YES
alfredo [at] stromboli.uni.cc Alfredo Stromboli
bruno [at] stromboli.uni.cc Bruno Stromboli
cira [at] stromboli.uni.cc Cira Stromboli
enrico [at] stromboli.uni.cc Enrico Stromboli
enzo [at] stromboli.uni.cc Enzo Stromboli Senior
frankie [at] stromboli.uni.cc Frankie Stromboli
gina [at] stromboli.uni.cc Gina Stromboli
hugo [at] stromboli.uni.cc Hugo Stromboli
joey [at] stromboli.uni.cc Joey Stromboli
junior [at] stromboli.uni.cc Enzo Stromboli Junior
leo [at] stromboli.uni.cc Leo Stromboli
lino [at] stromboli.uni.cc Lino Stromboli
marco [at] stromboli.uni.cc Marco Stromboli
mario [at] stromboli.uni.cc Mario Stromboli
mauro [at] stromboli.uni.cc Mauro Stromboli
rob [at] stromboli.uni.cc Roberto Stromboli
rosa [at] stromboli.uni.cc Rosa Stromboli
rosario [at] stromboli.uni.cc Rosario Stromboli
santa [at] stromboli.uni.cc Santa Stromboli
tony [at] stromboli.uni.cc Tony Stromboli
vincenzo [at] stromboli.uni.cc Vincenzo Stromboli

Voted NO
g [at] stromboli.uni.cc Giorgio Stromboli
jada [at] stromboli.uni.cc Jada Stromboli
mona [at] stromboli.uni.cc Mona Stromboli

Voted ABSTAIN
e [at] stromboli.uni.cc Elisabetta Stromboli

Gee, the Stromboli family was sure well represented, despite a couple
of stray sheep voting against the "family."

Vote fraud? Aw, no way!
- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Brian Henderson

On 22 Oct 2004 03:51:59 GMT, Woodchuck Bill
wrote:

Damn. It passed. I'm in shock.

I'm not shocked, I'm just wondering how they expect to keep an
unmoderated group "safe for children"?
Andy Dingley

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 02:14:34 GMT, Brian Henderson
wrote:

I'm not shocked, I'm just wondering how they expect to keep an
unmoderated group "safe for children"?

Prayer.