ARWadsworth

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:22:14 +0100, Mr Fizzion wrote:

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:57:56 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

The lodger has left.

I stuck a cheap camera in the computer room and connected it to the VCR
in my bedroom. After recording her in the computer room going through
all the desk drawers and paper files I then moved the camera to my
bedroom and recorded her looking through all drawers, cupboards and
wardrobes.

I gave her 3 hours notice to leave. The bond I have will cover cost of
the change of door locks.

Adam

Well done! I first read "moved the camera to her bedroom". I'm
becoming an old pervert :-). Might have been fun though!!

I wonder what she was looking for...did you ask her?

ISTR there was a case like that a few back. Where the Landlord decided to
monitor the tenants bedroom activities with a CCTV camera. I think the
whole matter came to court and the Judge (obviously) deemed
that the tenants had not recieved 'the quite enjoyment of the flat'. The
pervy Landlord was ordered to pay a large sum to the tenants in
compensation. IIRC comparable with the rent received during the tenancy.

The laws relating to lodgers are quite different from those relating to
rented accomodation where the tenant is in sole possession.

Yiu can't just sling someone out of rented acc. but you can sling a lodger
out.

There was no contract other than a verbal one so no problem in slinging her
out. I suppose another one will turn up. They frequently do. It is just that
she was the first to take the ****.

Adam