ben

Default Paint stripper

Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

TA

ben

ben wrote:
Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

TA

Oops! are they any good, that is.

Sparks

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
ben wrote:
Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

TA

Oops! are they any good, that is.

I don't think it will work too well on paint, as it is a wallpaper stripper!

Sparks...

ben

Sparks wrote:
"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
ben wrote:
Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

TA

Oops! are they any good, that is.

I don't think it will work too well on paint, as it is a wallpaper
stripper!

Sparks...

PMSL! gawd I meant wallpaper.

/walks out the room and comes back in.

John Rumm

ben wrote:

ben wrote:

Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

TA

Oops! are they any good, that is.

Very good for wallpaper... naff all use for paint! (unless you use
watercolour for DIY ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Mogweed

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
Sparks wrote:
"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
ben wrote:

PMSL! ??????????

Mogweed.

Sparks

"Mogweed" wrote in message

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
Sparks wrote:
"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
ben wrote:

PMSL! ??????????

Pi$$ MySelf Laughing of course!

....I guess he needs a shower now...hope it is not a DIY installed electric
one, running off an extension lead from the house next door....

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:12:54 GMT, "ben" wrote:

Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

It's a bucket with a heating element in it. You can get the same element
rating (all that really matters) from their 20 quid model without the
silly wheels on it. So don't spend any more than this - certainly not
the crazy priced £100 ones.

A 45 minute water supply is lighter to carry than a 75 minute supply,
and you'll be wanting that tea-break by then anyway.

My Earlexes have spent 3 years stripping walls, bending timber and
getting lent out to people. Haven't broken one yet (I've killed a couple
of other brands)

ben wrote:
Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

TA

NG Rule no 4: I (and many others) can never be arsed to click on links
just to find out what your questions is. Either ask it or dont.
Deliberately make our life harder and we are hardly going to help, are
we.

Why do you want to paint a stipper anyway?

NT

ben

ben wrote:
Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

TA

NG Rule no 4: I (and many others) can never be arsed to click on links
just to find out what your questions is. Either ask it or dont.
Deliberately make our life harder and we are hardly going to help, are
we.

Why do you want to paint a stipper anyway?

I need get the spots of me arse.

NT

NG Rule no 1: then don't anwser the bloody post then if you cant be arsed.
And who gave you the soapbox to speak for everyone else?

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , ben
wrote:

NG Rule no 1: then don't anwser the bloody post then if you cant be arsed.
And who gave you the soapbox to speak for everyone else?

I think you will find that this is a PUBLIC newsgroup, open to everyone,
even Drivel.

fred

In article , ben
writes
wrote:
ben wrote:
Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

TA

NG Rule no 4: I (and many others) can never be arsed to click on links
just to find out what your questions is. Either ask it or dont.
Deliberately make our life harder and we are hardly going to help, are
we.

Why do you want to paint a stipper anyway?

I need get the spots of me arse.

NT

NG Rule no 1: then don't anwser the bloody post then if you cant be arsed.
And who gave you the soapbox to speak for everyone else?

Actually quite a helpful reply I thought, telling you he wasn't going to
answer your question and why rather than just ignoring you. The sort of
guys who have a wealth of knowledge in DIY are likely to be old school (or
perhaps just older :-) and will tend to ignore one liners, tinyurls, subject
lines in caps and diybanter posters.

I don't think he was on a soapbox either, he said "I" and then added "(and
many others)" as a secondary point, probably from experience, he's been
around here quite a while.
--
fred
ben

fred wrote:
In article , ben
writes
wrote:
ben wrote:
[...]

If you read the post properly he states quite clearly...

'are we'

I have wealth of knowledge when it comes to DIY and to be honest if he
didn't even consider clicking the link then he should have left it at that
and not arrogantly print what he posted. How the hell are people going to
get assistance on a Item if I just posted a Model number because their are
three of the same items.

ben

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
In article , ben
wrote:

NG Rule no 1: then don't anwser the bloody post then if you cant be
arsed. And who gave you the soapbox to speak for everyone else?

I think you will find that this is a PUBLIC newsgroup, open to
everyone, even Drivel.

I think you have read the post wrong?

Read it again slowly.

Owain

ben wrote:
And who gave you the soapbox to speak for everyone else?

This is a diy newsgroup. Anyone wanting a soapbox is supposed to make it
himself.

Owain

ben

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:12:54 GMT, "ben" wrote:

Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

It's a bucket with a heating element in it. You can get the same
element rating (all that really matters) from their 20 quid model
without the silly wheels on it. So don't spend any more than this -
certainly not the crazy priced £100 ones.

A 45 minute water supply is lighter to carry than a 75 minute supply,
and you'll be wanting that tea-break by then anyway.

My Earlexes have spent 3 years stripping walls, bending timber and
getting lent out to people. Haven't broken one yet (I've killed a
couple of other brands)

Thanks Andy got the £20 model.

fred

In article , ben
writes
fred wrote:
In article , ben
writes

I don't think he was on a soapbox either, he said "I" and then added
"(and many others)" as a secondary point, probably from experience,
he's been around here quite a while.

If you read the post properly he states quite clearly...
'are we'

Yes, after the bit I quoted but I get your point.

I have wealth of knowledge when it comes to DIY and to be honest if he
didn't even consider clicking the link then he should have left it at that
and not arrogantly print what he posted. How the hell are people going to
get assistance on a Item if I just posted a Model number because their are
three of the same items.

FWIW (and I am not telling you how to post), I would be more inclined to
answer a post like your original if:

The subject line was repeated in the body or if there was at least some
kind of description of what you're looking for before having to follow a link.

There was an alternate to the tinyurl or a mention of where it was going.

I know your tiny turned into a huge link but if you'd said that it was going to
argos and maybe that it was pointing to stock codes x,y & z I'd be more
likely to look.

Your original looked just like some of the spoofed tinys that point to
affiliate click throughs so I'm inclined to just pass them by. If you're
wanting folks to spend more than 30s helping you out then maybe it's
worth spending more than 30s writing the post?
--
fred
John Rumm

ben wrote:

and not arrogantly print what he posted. How the hell are people going to
get assistance on a Item if I just posted a Model number because their are
three of the same items.

Chill out, don't worry about it. You are not going to please everyone.

--
Cheers,

John.

ben wrote:
wrote:

Anyone got one of these looking to buy one.

http://tinyurl.com/d55qb

NG Rule no 4: I (and many others) can never be arsed to click on links
just to find out what your questions is. Either ask it or dont.
Deliberately make our life harder and we are hardly going to help, are
we.

Why do you want to paint a stipper anyway?

I need get the spots of me arse.

NG Rule no 1: then don't anwser the bloody post then if you cant be arsed.
And who gave you the soapbox to speak for everyone else?

Maybe I should have just been more direct and called it Stone Damn
Obvious Rule no 4 if you actually want some helpful feedback.

Im not concerned what you in particular do, but reading post after post
by wallies who say 'hey, nope Im not going to tell you what Im asking,
would rather you went here, clicked this, downloaded that, looked at 4M
worth of advertising graphics for no reason, just to complete a f---n
sentence Im asking' i just put you down as another prat - hopefully
wrongly. But either way, I have no intention whatever of assisting you
with your question, whatever it was. Forget it.

Maybe youll just learn the lesson rather than pop the messenger, but
probably not.

NT

chris French

In message , ben
writes
I have wealth of knowledge when it comes to DIY and to be honest if he
didn't even consider clicking the link then he should have left it at that
and not arrogantly print what he posted. How the hell are people going to
get assistance on a Item if I just posted a Model number because their are
three of the same items.

Well I'm another person who didn't click on the link so didn't answer
the question (I assume for the thread we are talking about a Steam
Walpaper stripper), I have an Earlex and may have been able to off my
experiences.

You could have said something like, 'I'm interested in getting one of
these steam wallpaper strippers any comments', then I could have judged
whether it is worth while following up the link.

Remember not every one is on Broadband, or as a permanent connection, or
reads online. If someone on dialup, reading offline is going to look
then they probably want to have some idea what it is.

After all, you are the person looking for answers, it's no skin of
someone else nose if they don't answer you question. But you may miss
out on a useful response
--
Chris French

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Paint stripper masking? Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott Home Repair 7 November 28th 04 09:52 AM
Paint stripper fell in a new aryllic bath Mickey UK diy 30 October 31st 03 12:05 AM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM