Richard

Default Cleaning paint rollers -> dishwasher?

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only
I presume.

TIA

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info
Dave Gibson

"Richard" wrote in message
Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only I
presume.

I am sure you could if you don't mind risking it -- but why bother?

Personally I chuck mine at the end of the job, although if I am going to
use the same colour in the next one or two days I seal the whole roller
tightly in a plastic bag ready for use next time.

As they only cost 3 or 4 quid it is hardly worth the hassle, and I always
used to find a 'cleaned' roller leaving bits of itself and/or the previous
colour where least wanted.

Dave

Mary Fisher

"Richard" wrote in message
Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only I
presume.

Not at the sametime as cooking salmon.

Mary

:::Jerry::::

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Richard" wrote in message
Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool

wash only I
presume.

Not at the sametime as cooking salmon.

Something smells fishy about this thread....

I'll get my coat !

:::Jerry::::

"Richard" wrote in message
Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash

only
I presume.

You lazy vastard !

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 20:33:10 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only I
presume.

Not at the sametime as cooking salmon.

Poached dishwaher salmon in Finish sauce.

Yum, yum.

(:-)

Graham

Dave

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only I
presume.

Not at the sametime as cooking salmon.

Mary

In a dishwasher ????

Dave
Rusty

"Dave" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only
I presume.

Not at the sametime as cooking salmon.

Mary

In a dishwasher ????

Dave

Little known technique, but highly recommended. Wrap it in baking foil
first.

rusty

Mary Fisher

"Rusty" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only
I presume.

Not at the sametime as cooking salmon.

Mary

In a dishwasher ????

Dave

Little known technique, but highly recommended. Wrap it in baking foil
first.

It's not little known!

Well, not among wimmin.

Mary

rusty

Harvey Van Sickle

On 02 Apr 2005, Richard wrote

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool
wash only I presume.

I've no idea -- but I'll be watching for non-flippant answers, as it's
a bloody good question.

Try it and see, perhaps?

--
Cheers,
Harvey

Mark Spice

"Rusty" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash

only
I presume.

Not at the sametime as cooking salmon.

Mary

In a dishwasher ????

Dave

Little known technique, but highly recommended. Wrap it in baking foil
first.

It's not little known!

Well, not among wimmin.

Mary

rusty

It even appears with professional chefs...

http://www.surrealgourmet.com/html/recipes/salmon.html

Cheers

Mark

Richard

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

On 02 Apr 2005, Richard wrote

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool
wash only I presume.

I've no idea -- but I'll be watching for non-flippant answers, as it's
a bloody good question.

Try it and see, perhaps?

Thanks All,

The reason I ask is that (a) I've been using a colour called Fired Ochre
which seems to have a phenomenal amount of pigment which takes ages to
wash out, (b) as part of the interim stage in kitchen re-fit my
dishwasher is now installed in the carport and will become redundant at
the end of next week and (c) I know that you can clean car parts in
dishwashers.

I will try it when I have no further use for DW or the current rollers!

My fear was that even the coolest wash would remove the fibres and
irretrievably block the pumps and filters.

TTFN

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info
Richard

Dave Gibson wrote:

As they only cost 3 or 4 quid it is hardly worth the hassle, and I always
used to find a 'cleaned' roller leaving bits of itself and/or the previous
colour where least wanted.

Dave

You're quite right. But as I was squeezing seemingly endless quantities
of Fired Ochre out of the roller last night whilst standing next to
the DW I started wondering . . . .

Richard ;-)
--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info

Harvey Van Sickle

On 03 Apr 2005, Richard wrote
Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

-snip-

Try it and see, perhaps?

Thanks All,

The reason I ask is that (a) I've been using a colour called Fired
Ochre which seems to have a phenomenal amount of pigment which
takes ages to wash out, (b) as part of the interim stage in
kitchen re-fit my dishwasher is now installed in the carport and
will become redundant at the end of next week and (c) I know that
you can clean car parts in dishwashers.

I will try it when I have no further use for DW or the current
rollers!

Give us an update when you do!

--
Cheers,
Harvey

Richard

Geoffrey wrote:

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:10:26 +0100, Richard wrote:

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only
I presume.

TIA

People clean paint rollers? I chuck 'em away - Life's too short.

But I'm a tight wad!

First thing I do when I have a decorating project is make up my stock
of rollers to about a dozen and buy a batch of cheap paintbrushes for
the glossing.

Not sure that I'd use cheap brushes for paintwork. SWMBO was sent to
buy some brushes (for the Satinwood on the doors) and came back with
some ghastly synthetic things - I would have done as good a job with a
stick.

Each night the used ones go in the bin.

Tempting.

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM

The information contained in this post
may not be published in, or used by

http://www.diyprojects.info

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:15:59 +0000 (UTC), Dave
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only I
presume.

Not at the sametime as cooking salmon.

Mary

In a dishwasher ????

Try these:

http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/n...12065674.shtml

http://www.salon.com/nov96/salmon961118.html

http://www.bangornews.com/editorialn...h_jholyoke.cfm

And if that's not strange enough for you, there's always the option of
cooking a turkey in a compost heap:

http://greenyes.grrn.org/1999b/0278.html

Graham

Mary Fisher

wrote in message

Try these:

http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/n...12065674.shtml

http://www.salon.com/nov96/salmon961118.html

http://www.bangornews.com/editorialn...h_jholyoke.cfm

And if that's not strange enough for you, there's always the option of
cooking a turkey in a compost heap:

http://greenyes.grrn.org/1999b/0278.html

I didn't look at that but I do remember cooking in a haybox, which is the
same sort of thing I imagine. Perhaps I SHALL have a look. All for energy
saving. Not that our compost bins get hot,they just stand there and fester.
Eventually the stuff rots and I use it. Waste not want not.

Mary

Graham

Pete C

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:10:26 +0100, Richard wrote:

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only
I presume.

TIA

Richard

Hi,

I usually stick them on a post and play a hose on one side of the
roller so they spin themselves clean.

If using again soon then wrapping the roller tightly in foil with a
little white spirit or water, (depending on the paint!) keeps them
fresh for a while.

BTW when it comes to getting a decent finish quickly, cheap crap
brushes suck IMHO. The breakeven point for buying decent brushes and
cleaning them can't be more than 20 minutes of painting.

cheers,
Pete.
The Natural Philosopher

Richard wrote:

Can I clean paint rollers in a dishwasher? Top shelf and cool wash only
I presume.

TIA

Richard

washing machine better.

Rusty

wrote in message

Try these:

http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/n...12065674.shtml

http://www.salon.com/nov96/salmon961118.html

http://www.bangornews.com/editorialn...h_jholyoke.cfm

And if that's not strange enough for you, there's always the option of
cooking a turkey in a compost heap:

http://greenyes.grrn.org/1999b/0278.html

I didn't look at that but I do remember cooking in a haybox, which is the
same sort of thing I imagine. Perhaps I SHALL have a look. All for energy
saving. Not that our compost bins get hot,they just stand there and
fester. Eventually the stuff rots and I use it. Waste not want not.

So what happened to the fad for cooking in the car engine compartement that
was around a few years ago. They used to say you could cook a steak and 2
veg when driving home, if it was well wrapped and put under the exhaust
manifold, though I have never tried this. Perhaps the engines have now got
too complicated and its hard to find any space for cooking.

rusty

Andrew McKay

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:28:28 +0100, "Rusty"
wrote:

So what happened to the fad for cooking in the car engine compartement that
was around a few years ago. They used to say you could cook a steak and 2
veg when driving home, if it was well wrapped and put under the exhaust
manifold, though I have never tried this. Perhaps the engines have now got
too complicated and its hard to find any space for cooking.

Sounds interesting, however engines and just about everything else is
designed on a high-falluting computer system these days and the
tolerances for heat dispersal are probably that tight that sticking
something in a vacant area will most likely cause permanent engine
damage, by virtue of the fact that the heat won't be able to escape
away from the area in the way that the designer intended.

Andrew

Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam
filter will automatically update itself so that the
senders email address is flagged as spam. If you do
need to contact me please visit my web site and
submit an enquiry - http://www.kazmax.co.uk

Mary Fisher

"Rusty" wrote in message

So what happened to the fad for cooking in the car engine compartement
that was around a few years ago. They used to say you could cook a steak
and 2 veg when driving home, if it was well wrapped and put under the
exhaust manifold, though I have never tried this.

Nor have I - but I never heard of it either. I'd have thought such a package
would fall off. Steak and veg don't take the same length of time to cook
anyway ...

Perhaps the engines have now got too complicated and its hard to find any
space for cooking.

There's no space for anything under our relatively enormous bonnet. What's
worse, I hardly recognise some of the components :-(

Mary