Kate

Default Dishwasher is not cleaning, element seems hot

I have a Maytag dishwasher that's about 5 years old. Periodically the
holes in the spinning arms clog so we take them out and pick the bits
of plastic out(wherever do those come from??) and it washes better.
This always seems to coincide with using a more environmentally
friendly detergent product, btw, but it could be happenstance.

This time, thought, I've picked out the annoying bits and it's still
not cleaning. I'm wondering if somehow there isnt' enough water going
through the system since the heating element seems awfully hot. How
hot does the element get during the wash cycle when all is going well?
Hot enough to fizz other water on contact? It doesnt' seem possible
to do anything to make it possible to see what's going on when the
door is shut- I've tried. :-P

Kate, mom to Ursula (9), Sage (6.5) and Benno (3!)

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/a...f-formula.html "The
truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it -
Flannery O'Connor
jeff

(Kate) wrote in message . com...
I have a Maytag dishwasher that's about 5 years old. Periodically the
holes in the spinning arms clog so we take them out and pick the bits
of plastic out(wherever do those come from??) and it washes better.
This always seems to coincide with using a more environmentally
friendly detergent product, btw, but it could be happenstance.

This time, thought, I've picked out the annoying bits and it's still
not cleaning. I'm wondering if somehow there isnt' enough water going
through the system since the heating element seems awfully hot. How
hot does the element get during the wash cycle when all is going well?
Hot enough to fizz other water on contact? It doesnt' seem possible
to do anything to make it possible to see what's going on when the
door is shut- I've tried. :-P

Kate, mom to Ursula (9), Sage (6.5) and Benno (3!)

Hi,

Why worring about the element??

How
hot does the element get during the wash cycle when all is going well?
Hot enough to fizz other water on contact?

Yes.

I'm wondering if somehow there isnt' enough water going
through the system

Water fill is usually -just- under the heating element when normal.

Periodically the
holes in the spinning arms clog so we take them out and pick the bits
of plastic out

No model# posted....remove lower spray arm, pump cover and clean out
the filter inside as well.

(wherever do those come from??)

People dumping them in and not scraping the food off, food waste
disposal not being run before turning on the d/w, gremlins

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/