Kate

Default Dishwasher is not cleaning, element seems hot

I have a Maytag dishwasher that's about 5 years old. Periodically the
holes in the spinning arms clog so we take them out and pick the bits
of plastic out(wherever do those come from??) and it washes better.
This always seems to coincide with using a more environmentally
friendly detergent product, btw, but it could be happenstance.

This time, thought, I've picked out the annoying bits and it's still
not cleaning. I'm wondering if somehow there isnt' enough water going
through the system since the heating element seems awfully hot. How
hot does the element get during the wash cycle when all is going well?
Hot enough to fizz other water on contact? It doesnt' seem possible
to do anything to make it possible to see what's going on when the
door is shut- I've tried. :-P

Kate, mom to Ursula (9), Sage (6.5) and Benno (3!)

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina/a...f-formula.html "The
truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it -
Flannery O'Connor