Rusty

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

wrote in message

Try these:

http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/n...12065674.shtml

http://www.salon.com/nov96/salmon961118.html

http://www.bangornews.com/editorialn...h_jholyoke.cfm

And if that's not strange enough for you, there's always the option of
cooking a turkey in a compost heap:

http://greenyes.grrn.org/1999b/0278.html

I didn't look at that but I do remember cooking in a haybox, which is the
same sort of thing I imagine. Perhaps I SHALL have a look. All for energy
saving. Not that our compost bins get hot,they just stand there and
fester. Eventually the stuff rots and I use it. Waste not want not.

So what happened to the fad for cooking in the car engine compartement that
was around a few years ago. They used to say you could cook a steak and 2
veg when driving home, if it was well wrapped and put under the exhaust
manifold, though I have never tried this. Perhaps the engines have now got
too complicated and its hard to find any space for cooking.

rusty