CalvinBall

Default DW735 thickness planer feed rollers slipping

I have been having the same problem, I replaced a 733 with the 735,
never had the problem on the 733 (and never waxed or cleaned beyond
compressed air), but it started happening on the first 1/2 dozen boards
with the 735. I saw a comment on another site that it is due to dulling
blades. I don't see that mentioned here, anyone care to comment? I'm
going to try the wax & cleaning with mineral spirits & see what
happens.

Thanks for having you comments up here find.

Wayne

Eric wrote:
So...I gues my technique of leaving it run and just hold the rag

against the
roller isn't very safe?

"Bob S." wrote in message
. ..
I use denatured alcohol to clean the rollers on my 733 and like the

others,
wax the bed.

Remove plug from outlet. Raise the rollers all the way up so you

can get a
rag (damp with alcohol) on each roller and wipe the length of it.

Be
careful, those knives are sharp. This will clean about 1/4 of the
circumference of the rollers. Remove hand and rag, plug in, power

on to
rotate the rollers (1 second shot) power off, remove plug, wipe

rollers,
repeat sequence until clean.

Note that I clearly said to remove the power plug so there is no

accidental
power on while your hand is near those blades. You can do what you

want
but
if you come back using "Fingerless" instead of "C" for a name -

we'll know
why....

Bob S.

"C" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 05:25:14 +0000, Dave Rathnow wrote:

My DW735 isn't that old but recently the feed rollers have
started slipping. The rollers are definitely turning as the

stock
come out with black rubber marks where the rollers have spun
over the stock.

I'm not planing more than the recommended amount. Infact,
the rollers slip when I've been planing as little as 1/32 from
a 4 in piece of stock.

Does anyone know what might be the problem? Could this
jsut be dirty rollers? If so, what's best to use to clean

them?

Thanks,
Dave.

Would cleaning the rubber rollers with isopropyl alcohol help? I

use
this
as a degreaser. I'm wondering if roughing up the surface a bit

with
sandpaper might help. Seems as though the rollers are getting

polished.