igor

Default dw735 planer without extension tables

Is anyone using successfuly the dw735 planer w/o extension tables -- which
are extras costing about $45? Since I missed the great Amazon temp
non-sale/sale, the dw735 plus tables is now about $240 more than the dw734
which comes w/ tables. (I have a DC to handle waste, so the dw735 chip
blower is not a plus for me.) TIA. -- Igor
TEF

Initially I operated my DW 735 without the extension tables and was
surprised that very little was gained after purchasing them. For longer
boards, I still use roller stands at both the in and out feeds. I would
gladly sacrifice the tables in order to buy the 735 vice the 734. With or
without the tables, the 735 works very nicely. The dust collection with a
4" DC hose connected is very effective.

Good luck,

TEF

"igor" wrote in message
Is anyone using successfuly the dw735 planer w/o extension tables -- which
are extras costing about $45? Since I missed the great Amazon temp
non-sale/sale, the dw735 plus tables is now about $240 more than the dw734
which comes w/ tables. (I have a DC to handle waste, so the dw735 chip
blower is not a plus for me.) TIA. -- Igor

patrick conroy

"igor" wrote in message

Is anyone using successfuly the dw735 planer w/o extension tables -- which

Yes.
Ran 6 footers through last night. No snipe.

Doug Miller

In article , igor wrote:
Is anyone using successfuly the dw735 planer w/o extension tables -- which
are extras costing about $45?

Absolutely. On long and/or heavy boards, it's important to support the ends,
but that's pretty much a given anyway. I'd like to have the tables sometime,
but I'm getting very good results without them, so I'm not really in a hurry
to buy them just yet.

--
Regards,

Robert

igor wrote in message . ..
Is anyone using successfuly the dw735 planer w/o extension tables -- which
are extras costing about $45? Since I missed the great Amazon temp
non-sale/sale, the dw735 plus tables is now about $240 more than the dw734
which comes w/ tables. (I have a DC to handle waste, so the dw735 chip
blower is not a plus for me.) TIA. -- Igor

I've been using mine without the extension tables for several months
with no problems -- I've run 4-8ft boards through it. I my opinion
they are completely unnecessary. You'd be better off buying some type
of roller support that you can place farther out from planer.

I've had almost no snipe -- maybe a few thousands of an inch
sometimes. Just ran some 6 foot 12 inch wide Goncalo Alves boards
with no problems and no visible snipe.

Robert