mttt

Default New DeWalt DW735 Planer at Lowes

Looks very nice. Gives the impression of more "professional" grade than
portable planer. No folding infeed/outfeed tables - just a nice, shiny,
smooth solid suface. Combine that and the auto head lock and I can
understand why the early testers are seeing little or no snipe.

Beefy looking - four columns are large, solid and threaded. Speed selector
switch right up front (with a note to change speeds only when motor is on).
Head raise/lower is via a large handwheel on the side. The store model
moved well, with little backlash. Cut depth indicator (appears to be) via
a mechanism that runs the width of the planer.

The DW734 (the revised DW733) Planer was sitting next to it but I glanced
briefly. No outward differences jumped out at me, except the large "3 Head"
sticker on the top.

Our Lowes had the DW735 for $449 and the 734 for $364 (IIRC).

Leon

"mttt" wrote in message
Looks very nice. Gives the impression of more "professional" grade than
portable planer. No folding infeed/outfeed tables - just a nice, shiny,
smooth solid suface. Combine that and the auto head lock and I can
understand why the early testers are seeing little or no snipe.

Beefy looking - four columns are large, solid and threaded.

Very beefy for a portable.. Close to 100 lbs...

Speed selector
switch right up front (with a note to change speeds only when motor is

on).
Head raise/lower is via a large handwheel on the side. The store model
moved well, with little backlash. Cut depth indicator (appears to be)

via
a mechanism that runs the width of the planer.

The DW734 (the revised DW733) Planer was sitting next to it but I glanced
briefly. No outward differences jumped out at me, except the large "3

Head"
sticker on the top.

That was probably the new 3 blade head that the sticker was refering to..

Greg O

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...

I wonder if us 733 owners could install the 734's 3 blade cutterhead
in the 733?

Barry

After seeing how smooth my new 733 cuts I wonder why bother?!
Greg

Dewalt DW735. . . SwampBug Woodworking 21 September 17th 03 02:03 AM
FS: Dewalt planer Nova Woodworking 3 September 8th 03 02:29 AM
FYI Dewalt 733 Planer TAP Woodworking 1 September 2nd 03 05:20 PM
The new DeWalt Portable Planer Leon Woodworking 5 August 26th 03 10:54 PM
Thickness planer purchase dilemma- Ryobi or Dewalt? Dale Woodworking 8 July 28th 03 12:14 AM