Mary Fisher

"Rusty" wrote in message

So what happened to the fad for cooking in the car engine compartement
that was around a few years ago. They used to say you could cook a steak
and 2 veg when driving home, if it was well wrapped and put under the
exhaust manifold, though I have never tried this.

Nor have I - but I never heard of it either. I'd have thought such a package
would fall off. Steak and veg don't take the same length of time to cook
anyway ...

Perhaps the engines have now got too complicated and its hard to find any
space for cooking.

There's no space for anything under our relatively enormous bonnet. What's
worse, I hardly recognise some of the components :-(

Mary