Ben Carter

Default Getting on with it!

I know just about every single one of you has invented one, two, or 50 tools, modifications, accessories etc. for this business that if sold would make you (and your kids) independently wealthy. It's one of the great things about people like you, always solving problems that noone anticipated
in cool innovative ways. Everyone I work with his like that, every one I deal withh on a daily basis is the same.
Except only a few take the time and push their ideas into thhe realm of reality so they can start protyping, manufacturing and marketing their products. I've had enough waiting around and have decide to start taking my two dozen or so "million $ ideas" to the next step. We are building our own protypes (as people like us can) and calling around to patent people and feeling out the potential markets for our products. It's going really well so far. So the reason for this post, who else is doing this out there? Anybody else feel like this is the last year they want to work for someone else and begin the process of a better life? Just curious...

Ben

Lane

"Ben Carter" wrote in message
news:60373.141.158.119.73.1108348109.squirrel@141. 158.119.73...
[...]

I would love to, but I'm not one of those of whom you speak. I haven't
invented anything, well yet anyhow.
Lane

Winston

Ben Carter wrote:
I know just about every single one of you has invented one, two, or 50 tools,

(...)

Ben

http://www.tinaja.com/patnt01.asp

--Winston

Jim Stewart

Ben Carter wrote:,

who else is doing this out there? Anybody else feel like this is the
last year they want to work for someone else and begin the process of a
better life? Just curious...

My "last year" was 1996. Carry on, you can do it.

jim

Bernd

"Winston" wrote in message
Ben Carter wrote:
I know just about every single one of you has invented one, two, or
50 tools,

(...)

Ben

http://www.tinaja.com/patnt01.asp

--Winston

Ah Winston I totally agree with you. Best thing to do when doing
something like that is have several versions of your invention, such as
the MK-I, MK-II, MK-III, etc. Every time somebody copies your invention
come out with the next improved generation. Remember the guy that
invented the intermittent wipers that the Ford motor company put on the
their cars. The guy that invented it got a $50 million settlement IIRC
and it was all eaten up by the lawyers after many years of being run
through the courts. The inventor died broke.

Invent several things and sell them. Don't rely just on one invention,
also. Or do like Don Lancaster does, regurgitate somebody else's ideas
in book form. You don't need a patent on that.

Regards,
Bernd

Koz

Ben Carter wrote:

[...]

Inventing: .0005% inspiration and 99.9995% marketing.

As far as I can see, it's also a little like Photography...Pros may take
10,000 photos to get one published. Like Edison (maybe a bad example as
he was really a hack), making money on inventions is about volume
inventing where only 1 in 10,000 actually makes you any money, 5 in
10,000 seem to take off but never really go anywhere and the rest are
dogs that you say "what was I thinking?" 10 years later.

It's almost never about whether people actually need or want what you
invented. It's about getting it marketed in a way that makes people
PERCIEVE that they want the item. Hopefully the item is good enough
that perception turns into "can't live without". Those "swiffer" dust
things are not all that good and not really any better than a good
dustrag....perception was generated that they'd not only be a better way
to dust, but they'd make dusting FUN. Deluge marketing made people
percieve that everyone else had/wanted them. The makers probably spent
about 100000 times as much effort and money on marketing to entrench
this perception as they did tooling up to make the product.

Koz

Winston

Bernd wrote:
"Winston" wrote in message

(...)

Ah Winston I totally agree with you. Best thing to do when doing
something like that is have several versions of your invention, such as
the MK-I, MK-II, MK-III, etc. Every time somebody copies your invention
come out with the next improved generation.

I could not have put it better, Bernd.

I've seen how some successful companies use this strategy by planning
several improvements to a product representing an upward migration path
for consumers, before releasing the first one.
Look at how GPS has evolved, for example.

Remember the guy that invented the intermittent wipers that the Ford motor
company put on the their cars. The guy that invented it got a $50 million
settlement IIRC and it was all eaten up by the lawyers after many years of
being run through the courts. The inventor died broke.

His case is not the exception, either.

* Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, suffered two major mysterious
fires when he decided to lock horns with RCA.

* Edwin Howard Armstrong, inventor of super-regeneration and frequency mod-
ulation committed suicide after a 20 - year battle with RCA for royalties.

* Thousands of 'individual contributors' within large corporations who
(sometimes) receive token payment for their million - dollar ideas.
(Know anyone who fits that description?)

Invent several things and sell them. Don't rely just on one invention,
also. Or do like Don Lancaster does, regurgitate somebody else's ideas
in book form. You don't need a patent on that.

Guy Lautard, too with his _The Machinist's Bedside Reader_ series, videos,
and kits.
http://www.lautard.com/

Here is what I would buy from you inventive types:

* A self-sharpening, easily cleaned beard shaving system.

* A 3/8" rechargable ratchet like the one Skil used to sell for nearly
no money. Removing spark plugs was really fast and easy with this.
I miss mine. Gotta be more portable than an air ratchet, too.
Like the Makita 6706DWA, but lighter and for US$ 90., not US$ 300.

* An automotive GPS system that uses a full - size keyboard for address entry.

* A fully automatic drill sharpener.

* A flat - platen printer/copier/scanner/FAX with a full - size LCD screen
that shows exactly how the printed page will look.

* A screwdriver with Wiha system 4 blades, each selectable with just one
click as per the old multi-color pens:
http://www.simple-office.com/p%20t%2...-color-pen.gif

* A machine that cleans, disinfects, dries, fills, caps and refrigerates my
Nalgene water bottles for far less money than store - bought water.

* Multimeter probes that safely connect to wires or be used
as a conventional needle, without the need to keep track of adaptors.

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

Any other ideas?

--Winston

Larry Jaques

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:16:11 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Here is what I would buy from you inventive types:

* A self-sharpening, easily cleaned beard shaving system.

Google for "weed eater".

* A 3/8" rechargable ratchet like the one Skil used to sell for nearly
no money. Removing spark plugs was really fast and easy with this.
I miss mine. Gotta be more portable than an air ratchet, too.
Like the Makita 6706DWA, but lighter and for US$ 90., not US$ 300.

Those sound like they could be handy at times. I used to carry one of
the B&D electric screwdrivers with me when I repaired computers for a
living. It didn't save much time (which is OK when billing by the
hour) but it saved my energy. Have you tried the stubby 1/4" air
ratchets? They're still tied to a hose but they're a LOT more compact.

* An automotive GPS system that uses a full - size keyboard for address entry.

Built into the steering wheel?

* A flat - platen printer/copier/scanner/FAX with a full - size LCD screen
that shows exactly how the printed page will look.

That would be very nice.

* A screwdriver with Wiha system 4 blades, each selectable with just one
click as per the old multi-color pens:
http://www.simple-office.com/p%20t%2...-color-pen.gif

Jayzuss, is someone here L A Z Y ? heh heh heh

* A machine that cleans, disinfects, dries, fills, caps and refrigerates my
Nalgene water bottles for far less money than store - bought water.

Handy!

* Multimeter probes that safely connect to wires or be used
as a conventional needle, without the need to keep track of adaptors.

Have you seen the spring-loaded style with the built-in hook, like
plastic-covered, spring-loaded gaf?

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

How much do you want to pay for one? Size? How about 420 denier
nylon with waterproofing? I'll use 1" Velcro to both attach and close
the beast, padding it with 1/8" foam for longer life.

Who all wants one of these?

----------------------------------
VIRTUE...is its own punishment
http://www.diversify.com Website Applications

Don Foreman

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:02:38 -0800, Koz
wrote:

Inventing: .0005% inspiration and 99.9995% marketing.

Thomas Edison said, "invention is 1% inspiration and 99%
perspiration."

Mrs. Edison said, "Tom, you are so stinking smart!"

Winston

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:16:11 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Here is what I would buy from you inventive types:

* A self-sharpening, easily cleaned beard shaving system.

Google for "weed eater".

Then Google for "First Aid"!

* A 3/8" rechargable ratchet like the one Skil used to sell for nearly
no money. Removing spark plugs was really fast and easy with this.
I miss mine. Gotta be more portable than an air ratchet, too.
Like the Makita 6706DWA, but lighter and for US$ 90., not US$ 300.

Those sound like they could be handy at times. I used to carry one of
the B&D electric screwdrivers with me when I repaired computers for a
living. It didn't save much time (which is OK when billing by the
hour) but it saved my energy. Have you tried the stubby 1/4" air
ratchets?

I'm leaning that way. Will probably have one before my next tuneup.

They're still tied to a hose but they're a LOT more compact.

And 30% lighter, too. Kewl!

* An automotive GPS system that uses a full - size keyboard for address entry.

Built into the steering wheel?

Yeah! Replace the explosive airbag.

* A screwdriver with Wiha system 4 blades, each selectable with just one
click as per the old multi-color pens:
http://www.simple-office.com/p%20t%2...-color-pen.gif

Jayzuss, is someone here L A Z Y ? heh heh heh

Guilty as charged, Yeronner.

(...)

* Multimeter probes that safely connect to wires or be used
as a conventional needle, without the need to keep track of adaptors.

Have you seen the spring-loaded style with the built-in hook, like
plastic-covered, spring-loaded gaf?

Yup, they work great. I want an integrated solution, though.

The same probes should be able to 'probe' and 'alligator' safely.
(Not at the same time, ya unnerstand.)

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

How much do you want to pay for one?

US $9.95 plus shipping.

Size?

7.0" x 2.0" x 0.5" *inside capacity*.

How about 420 denier nylon with waterproofing?

Yeah! ('Water resistant' would be sufficient.) In Basic Black.

I'll use 1" Velcro to both attach and close
the beast, padding it with 1/8" foam for longer life.

Cool!

Who all wants one of these?

Put me down for three. (My circular saw needs wrench storage, too.)

--Winston

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:25:47 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:16:11 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Here is what I would buy from you inventive types:

* A self-sharpening, easily cleaned beard shaving system.

Google for "weed eater".

Then Google for "First Aid"!

Nah, men with beards are TOUGH. Just ask 'em. titter

* A 3/8" rechargable ratchet like the one Skil used to sell for nearly
no money. Removing spark plugs was really fast and easy with this.
I miss mine. Gotta be more portable than an air ratchet, too.
Like the Makita 6706DWA, but lighter and for US$ 90., not US$ 300.

Those sound like they could be handy at times. I used to carry one of
the B&D electric screwdrivers with me when I repaired computers for a
living. It didn't save much time (which is OK when billing by the
hour) but it saved my energy. Have you tried the stubby 1/4" air
ratchets?

I'm leaning that way. Will probably have one before my next tuneup.

I went the opposite way. For removal, I use the 3/8 air ratchet,
u-joint plug socket, and a BF (24" long) extension. And I always
spin 'em in by hand. Always. With the fuel injection on the pickup,
I've only put 3 sets of plugs in the thing in 14 years now. It's
about due. I now have 104k miles on it.

They're still tied to a hose but they're a LOT more compact.

And 30% lighter, too. Kewl!

* An automotive GPS system that uses a full - size keyboard for address entry.

Built into the steering wheel?

Yeah! Replace the explosive airbag.

MUCH quieter.

Have you seen the spring-loaded style with the built-in hook, like
plastic-covered, spring-loaded gaf?

Yup, they work great. I want an integrated solution, though.

Aren't they, yet?

The same probes should be able to 'probe' and 'alligator' safely.
(Not at the same time, ya unnerstand.)

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

How much do you want to pay for one?

US $9.95 plus shipping.

How about $14.95 each with a flat $3.85 shipping fee for
up to 4 pouches? Priority Mail.

Size?

7.0" x 2.0" x 0.5" *inside capacity*.

Can do.

How about 420 denier nylon with waterproofing?

Yeah! ('Water resistant' would be sufficient.) In Basic Black.

Good, it's in stock. I build my NoteSHADES glare guards with it.
Need one of those while we're at it? (shameless plug)
www.diversify.com/shades2.html (BTW, the large white logo has
been replaced by a more discreet, white tag on the back.)

I'll use 1" Velcro to both attach and close
the beast, padding it with 1/8" foam for longer life.

Cool!

Who all wants one of these?

Put me down for three. (My circular saw needs wrench storage, too.)

OK, You're on. I'll try to whip those out this week.

Now for another on-topic discussion, I actually did some welding
today. Well, _loosely_ it could have been called welding, anyway.

I had to "loosen up" to keep the rod from sticking, and once I did
that, things started getting better and better. I extended the tube
for the pickup crane 4" so the crane portion would clear the bed and
liner. Man, not having picked up a stick welder in 6 years or so and
having learned 30 or so years ago, I had a rude awakening. I got such
good penetration on the 1/8" thick pipe that I burned a hole clear
through it on the first try. g I now feel that the $119 I spent on
the Arc-180 at HF last month was worth it. I'll weld the angle iron
to the side of the frame tomorrow. Hmmm, I'll have to figure out how
to keep from getting burned at that angle, and I'll jack up the tire
so it doesn't get a hot foot. Then theres the gas tank a couple inches
behind it. I just filled up so it's safer.

----------------------------------
VIRTUE...is its own punishment
http://www.diversify.com Website Applications

Winston

Larry Jaques penned:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:16:11 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

(...)

(Dragging DMM Probe design into the 20th century)

Have you seen the spring-loaded style with the built-in hook, like
plastic-covered, spring-loaded gaf?

Yup, they work great. I want an integrated solution, though.

Aren't they, yet?

Nuh uh. We're still in the Dark Ages. At best, we provide a
kit of fiddly little parts that are missing when they are most needed.

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/cgi-local/guide.pl?product=10+Series&guide=dmm&company=Fluke

At worst, we have separate probes for wire testing and for um. probing.
Nothing remotely 'integrated' in the way I imagine.

The same probes should be able to 'probe' and 'alligator' safely.
(Not at the same time, ya unnerstand.)

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

(...)

How about $14.95 each with a flat $3.85 shipping fee for
up to 4 pouches? Priority Mail.

You might need some ad copy reminding us how costly it was, last time
we needed to swap a cutting disc for a grinding wheel and the special
wrench was *nowhere to be found*.

Fifteen bucks gets wasted rather quickly under those circs.

You'll want to post photos of the pouch in use with:
* A Moto type power grinder, to hold burrs, cup wheel, cutting discs and arbor, collets
* An angle grinder, to hold flange adaptors and wrench
* A drill motor, to hold screwdriver - and drill bits
* A circular saw, to hold the blade wrench, a 10' steel tape and a carpenter's pencil
* A recipro saw, to hold blades and the Stupid Allen Wrench (TM) to change them
* An air ratchet, to hold most - used sockets and allen drivers
* A Metcal solder iron, to hold tips

(...)

Good, it's in stock. I build my NoteSHADES glare guards with it.
Need one of those while we're at it? (shameless plug)
www.diversify.com/shades2.html (BTW, the large white logo has
been replaced by a more discreet, white tag on the back.)

Sure! Coulda used one today, in fact.
Let me know when the ToolRoo's* are available. I'll order at the
same time.

(...)

OK, You're on. I'll try to whip those out this week.

Radical, dude.

(...)

* "Now you have it. Diversify Communications introduces the ToolRoo Pouch."

The ad campaign will feature Jessica Simpson.
I want to watch her say "ToolRoo" a few times

--Winston

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:11:09 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/cgi-local/guide.pl?product=10+Series&guide=dmm&company=Fluke

At worst, we have separate probes for wire testing and for um. probing.
Nothing remotely 'integrated' in the way I imagine.

The same probes should be able to 'probe' and 'alligator' safely.
(Not at the same time, ya unnerstand.)

I could have sworn I'd seen a Fluke meter with both styles built in.
'Twas a plastic tip which was pointed and had a probe tip within, but
it was wider at the base and had a cutout with a hook. When you pulled
the plastic cover back, it exposed the spike at the end and the hook
in the middle. Release to hook or hold down to probe. Upon further
thought, I believe it was a friend's portable o-scope which had those.
I'll ask him. (Gunner, it's my friend, Terry)

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

(...)

How about $14.95 each with a flat $3.85 shipping fee for
up to 4 pouches? Priority Mail.

You might need some ad copy reminding us how costly it was, last time
we needed to swap a cutting disc for a grinding wheel and the special
wrench was *nowhere to be found*.

Good idea.

Fifteen bucks gets wasted rather quickly under those circs.

You'll want to post photos of the pouch in use with:
* A Moto type power grinder, to hold burrs, cup wheel, cutting discs and arbor, collets
* An angle grinder, to hold flange adaptors and wrench
* A drill motor, to hold screwdriver - and drill bits
* A circular saw, to hold the blade wrench, a 10' steel tape and a carpenter's pencil
* A recipro saw, to hold blades and the Stupid Allen Wrench (TM) to change them
* An air ratchet, to hold most - used sockets and allen drivers
* A Metcal solder iron, to hold tips

Yes, and wood routers need wrenches, too. I'll use a few of these
myself.

Good, it's in stock. I build my NoteSHADES glare guards with it.
Need one of those while we're at it? (shameless plug)
www.diversify.com/shades2.html (BTW, the large white logo has
been replaced by a more discreet, white tag on the back.)

Sure! Coulda used one today, in fact.
Let me know when the ToolRoo's* are available. I'll order at the
same time.

Great! I should be able to tuck the pouches in the same package as the
NoteSHADE for no extra cost. Now to make a Paypal button for the
ToolRoo(tm). (Thanks for the name, too, Winston.)

(...)

OK, You're on. I'll try to whip those out this week.

Radical, dude.

Is it Wednesday already? Gotta get hoppin'!

(...)

* "Now you have it. Diversify Communications introduces the ToolRoo Pouch."

The ad campaign will feature Jessica Simpson.
I want to watch her say "ToolRoo" a few times

Yes, those poochy lips would do that well. domg

(DOMG = Dirty Old Man Grin)

----------------------------------
VIRTUE...is its own punishment
http://www.diversify.com Website Applications

Mark Rand

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:16:11 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Here is what I would buy from you inventive types:

* A self-sharpening, easily cleaned beard shaving system.

Google for "weed eater".

Then Google for "First Aid"!

Nah, men with beards are TOUGH. Just ask 'em. titter

The whole joy of a beard is that you _don't_ need to shave it. I trim mine
every month or so with scissors.

Mark Rand
RTFM

Winston

Larry Jaques suggested:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:11:09 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

The same probes should be able to 'probe' and 'alligator' safely.
(Not at the same time, ya unnerstand.)

I could have sworn I'd seen a Fluke meter with both styles built in.
'Twas a plastic tip which was pointed and had a probe tip within, but
it was wider at the base and had a cutout with a hook. When you pulled
the plastic cover back, it exposed the spike at the end and the hook
in the middle. Release to hook or hold down to probe. Upon further
thought, I believe it was a friend's portable o-scope which had those.
I'll ask him. (Gunner, it's my friend, Terry)

I'd like to see a picture of that. Doesn't sound familiar.
Most scope probes do have a sliding cover that exposes a hook for
wire probing. Slip that off and you have a needle probe.
That is close, featurewise but still has too many removable parts.

One should be able to do conventional probing, wire end attachment
and insulation piercing with the same probe without any accessories.

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

(...)

Yes, and wood routers need wrenches, too. I'll use a few of these
myself.

Good catch!

(...)

Sure! Coulda used one today, in fact.
Let me know when the ToolRoo's* are available. I'll order at the
same time.

Great! I should be able to tuck the pouches in the same package as the
NoteSHADE for no extra cost.

Thank you, sir.

Now to make a Paypal button for the
ToolRoo(tm). (Thanks for the name, too, Winston.)

But of course.

(...)

Is it Wednesday already? Gotta get hoppin'!

Keep us in stitches, Larry!

(...)

* "Now you have it. Diversify Communications introduces the ToolRoo Pouch."

The ad campaign will feature Jessica Simpson.
I want to watch her say "ToolRoo" a few times

Yes, those poochy lips would do that well. domg

(DOMG = Dirty Old Man Grin)

Heh heh heh...

--Winston

Winston

Mark Rand opined:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:16:11 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:
* A self-sharpening, easily cleaned beard shaving system.

Google for "weed eater".

Then Google for "First Aid"!

Nah, men with beards are TOUGH. Just ask 'em. titter

The whole joy of a beard is that you _don't_ need to shave it. I trim mine
every month or so with scissors.

I'd grow a beard again, but it shows up in this awful grey color.

)

--Winston

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:50:04 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Mark Rand opined:

The whole joy of a beard is that you _don't_ need to shave it. I trim mine
every month or so with scissors.

I'd grow a beard again, but it shows up in this awful grey color.

You wants I should trow a bottle o' Grecian Formula in your package
next week, mistah?

---
www.diversify.com Complete Website Development

Winston

Larry Jaques revealed:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:50:04 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Mark Rand opined:

The whole joy of a beard is that you _don't_ need to shave it. I trim mine
every month or so with scissors.

I'd grow a beard again, but it shows up in this awful grey color.

You wants I should trow a bottle o' Grecian Formula in your package
next week, mistah?

_Mechanix Illustrated_ Writer/Editor Tom McCahill was once asked why
he didn't cover his bald top with a toupee.

His reply?

"That would be like putting a fox tail on a garbage truck."

I'm sure neither of you are old enough to understand this metaphor, though...

--Winston the Grey

Gerald Miller

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:53:40 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques revealed:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:50:04 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Mark Rand opined:

The whole joy of a beard is that you _don't_ need to shave it. I trim mine
every month or so with scissors.

I'd grow a beard again, but it shows up in this awful grey color.

You wants I should trow a bottle o' Grecian Formula in your package
next week, mistah?

_Mechanix Illustrated_ Writer/Editor Tom McCahill was once asked why
he didn't cover his bald top with a toupee.

His reply?

"That would be like putting a fox tail on a garbage truck."

I'm sure neither of you are old enough to understand this metaphor, though...

--Winston the Grey

I shaved my beard off in 1981 for a short term job requirement
(respirator). My mother said I looked better, SWMBO "younger", 17yr.
son "older", 7 yr old son "shorter", and my cat wouldn't have anything
to do with me for three months till I grew it back.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Lew Hartswick

Winston wrote:

Larry Jaques revealed:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:50:04 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:
Mark Rand opined:
The whole joy of a beard is that you _don't_ need to shave it. I
trim mine
every month or so with scissors.
I'd grow a beard again, but it shows up in this awful grey color.

You wants I should trow a bottle o' Grecian Formula in your package
next week, mistah?

_Mechanix Illustrated_ Writer/Editor Tom McCahill was once asked why
he didn't cover his bald top with a toupee.

His reply?

"That would be like putting a fox tail on a garbage truck."

I'm sure neither of you are old enough to understand this metaphor,
though...

--Winston the Grey

BOY! Is that a name from the past. Havent heard his name in a LONG
time. And yes I remember "fox tails". :-)
...lew... ( highschool class of 49 )

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:41:48 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Sure! Coulda used one today, in fact.
Let me know when the ToolRoo's* are available. I'll order at the
same time.

(...)

* "Now you have it. Diversify Communications introduces the ToolRoo Pouch."

Saturday Update: The ToolRoo(tm) pouches are progressing nicely. I
have 3 prototypes (straggly but the bugs are being worked out as I
progress, and am working on a 4th. I should have pictures tomorrow,
Sunday. Stay tuned!

Do you have a preference for style? Inline or hangtail?
Halfascii graphics follow:

hangtail model inline model (top opening)
__________ ____________________________
a/c cord=======| |=======| |====
| | | |
| | |\__________________________/|
| | | |
| | | |
| | |____________________________|
| |
| |
| ________ |
|/ \|
|__________|

opening

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.
--------------
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Winston

Larry Jaques implied:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:41:48 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

(...)

Saturday Update: The ToolRoo(tm) pouches are progressing nicely. I
have 3 prototypes (straggly but the bugs are being worked out as I
progress, and am working on a 4th. I should have pictures tomorrow,
Sunday. Stay tuned!

Bodacious progress!

Hangtail works Inline would be my choice.
great single- It requires both hands but
handed if only one would be easier to control
tool is stored. when multiple tools are stored.

I sent in my order for three
just now!

hangtail model inline model (top opening)
__________ ____________________________
a/c cord===| |==========| |====
| | | |
| | |\__________________________/|
| | | |
| | | |
| | |____________________________|
| |
| |
| ________ |
|/ \|
|__________|

opening

Thanks!

--Winston

Winston

Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques implied:

Saturday Update: The ToolRoo(tm) pouches are progressing nicely. I
have 3 prototypes (straggly but the bugs are being worked out as I
progress, and am working on a 4th. I should have pictures tomorrow,
Sunday. Stay tuned!

Hokay, let me try that in English, since the ASCII god was not
smiling upon me just then.

Great progress, Larry!

The Hangtail design looks like it would work great when storing a
single tool (say a circular saw wrench).

I prefer the Inline design. It does require two hands but would
be easier to control when multiple tools are stored.
So I sent in my order for three!

--Winston

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:49:42 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Larry Jaques implied:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:41:48 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

(...)

Saturday Update: The ToolRoo(tm) pouches are progressing nicely. I
have 3 prototypes (straggly but the bugs are being worked out as I
progress, and am working on a 4th. I should have pictures tomorrow,
Sunday. Stay tuned!

Bodacious progress!

Hangtail works Inline would be my choice.
great single- It requires both hands but
handed if only one would be easier to control
tool is stored. when multiple tools are stored.

I sent in my order for three
just now!

Great. You wanted a NoteSHADE as well, right?

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.
--------------
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:12:16 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Winston wrote:
Larry Jaques implied:

Saturday Update: The ToolRoo(tm) pouches are progressing nicely. I
have 3 prototypes (straggly but the bugs are being worked out as I
progress, and am working on a 4th. I should have pictures tomorrow,
Sunday. Stay tuned!

Hokay, let me try that in English, since the ASCII god was not
smiling upon me just then.

Thou shalt use a monospaced font in thy reader. Amen.

Try courier in your newsreader and you'll see it as it was
meant to be seen. http://www.ascii-art.de/ascii/faq.html

I saw both my post and your reply intact.

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.
--------------
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Lew Hartswick

Winston wrote:

hangtail model inline model (top opening)
__________ ____________________________ a/c
cord===| |==========| |====
| | | |
| | |\__________________________/|
| | | |
| | | |
| | |____________________________|
| | | | |
________ | |/ \| |__________|
opening

--Winston

Boy when you quote an ascii dwg does it ever look intresting. Now with
two quotes lets see what it looks like. :-)
...lew...
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:07:02 -0600, the inscrutable ken grunke
spake:

Winston wrote:
Ben Carter wrote:

I know just about every single one of you has invented one, two, or 50
tools,

http://www.tinaja.com/patnt01.asp

Interesting resource! I decided that it wouldn't be worth the
cost and complete hassle to patent my product, and several
clones have come out in the past decade. Luckily, some of these
brilliant copies were made of CARDBOARD! g

People tell me my idea is so ingenious, I should get a patent. Almost
from the beginning, in 1999, I figured that to be a rediculous suggestion.
The design of my "invention" is reasonably obvious to any "practitioner
in the field", so I said screw the patent system--I posted my idea to
the public domain in the form of a website.
Didn't know I was following Don Lancaster's advice, but now I'm cranking
out 2-3 units a week and having a good old time:

http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/ecc/

Ditto here. A lady attorney friend approached me in 1995 for a laptop
glare guard. I checked the Web to see if any were available and found
none. I tried half a dozen styles, settled on one, decided to make it
a top-notch product with really good materials, and the rest is
history of a sort. I've been making and selling NoteSHADES(tm) to
my clients ever since that time. The Canadian Space Agency has 4 of
them.

http://diversify.com/shades2.html
http://diversify.com/ns2.html

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
Winston

Larry Jaques authored:
Great. You wanted a NoteSHADE as well, right?

Yes, please. Thank you.

--Winston

Winston

Larry Jaques intoned:

Winston wrote:
Hokay, let me try that in English, since the ASCII god was not
smiling upon me just then.

Thou shalt use a monospaced font in thy reader. Amen.

Try courier in your newsreader and you'll see it as it was
meant to be seen. http://www.ascii-art.de/ascii/faq.html

Great resource, thanks!

I saw both my post and your reply intact.

That's good because my newsreader turned it into mangledbabyducks!

--Winston

Winston

Lew Hartswick advised:
Winston wrote:

hangtail model inline model (top opening)
__________ ____________________________ a/c
cord===| |==========| |====
| | | |
| | |\__________________________/|
| | | |
| | | |
| | |____________________________|
| | | | |
________ | |/ \| |__________|
opening

--Winston

Boy when you quote an ascii dwg does it ever look intresting. Now with
two quotes lets see what it looks like. :-)
...lew...

What, you don't like Picasso?

--Winston

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:35:58 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Larry Jaques intoned:

Winston wrote:
Hokay, let me try that in English, since the ASCII god was not
smiling upon me just then.

Thou shalt use a monospaced font in thy reader. Amen.

Try courier in your newsreader and you'll see it as it was
meant to be seen. http://www.ascii-art.de/ascii/faq.html

Great resource, thanks!

I saw both my post and your reply intact.

That's good because my newsreader turned it into mangledbabyducks!

Running Arial, are we? g

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
Winston

Larry Jaques explained:
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:35:58 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Larry Jaques intoned:
I saw both my post and your reply intact.

That's good because my newsreader turned it into mangledbabyducks!

Running Arial, are we? g

Nope, 'monospace'.

Something else happened because my incoming ascii looks yucky
even when viewing with 'courier'. Your ascii looked just fine with
'monospace' or 'courier'.

It looks as if a 'backspace' character got inserted a couple
times in my file as it left my computer. Or something. Very Wierd.

Ah well. I will have to forget these advanced graphic techniques
and fall back on my old standard which is to post a link to a
multimegabyte .JPG file.

--Winston

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:44:02 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Something else happened because my incoming ascii looks yucky
even when viewing with 'courier'. Your ascii looked just fine with
'monospace' or 'courier'.

It looks as if a 'backspace' character got inserted a couple
times in my file as it left my computer. Or something. Very Wierd.

Short line length settings in the reader can also affect it.

Ah well. I will have to forget these advanced graphic techniques
and fall back on my old standard which is to post a link to a
multimegabyte .JPG file.

Typical. Posted here, too, on a non-binary group, no doubt.

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
Winston

Larry Jaques flashed on:
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:44:02 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

(...)
Ah well. I will have to forget these advanced graphic techniques
and fall back on my old standard which is to post a link to a
multimegabyte .JPG file.

Typical. Posted here, too, on a non-binary group, no doubt.

What, did I just invent binary links?

Is it too late to file a patent for that *and* my Wireless Guacamole?

:P

--Winston

Martin H. Eastburn

Winston wrote:
Hokay, let me try that in English, since the ASCII god was not
smiling upon me just then.

Thou shalt use a monospaced font in thy reader. Amen.

Try courier in your newsreader and you'll see it as it was
meant to be seen. http://www.ascii-art.de/ascii/faq.html

Great resource, thanks!

I saw both my post and your reply intact.

That's good because my newsreader turned it into mangledbabyducks!

Running Arial, are we? g

There was a neat program (years ago) on an HP computer - called Bruno.

Bruno drew these with ease. Got one guy in trouble at work since he
drew the sweet looking admin type - level 2 - and someone saw it.
Level 1 admin lowered the boom.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:37:12 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Larry Jaques flashed on:
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:44:02 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

(...)
Ah well. I will have to forget these advanced graphic techniques
and fall back on my old standard which is to post a link to a
multimegabyte .JPG file.

Typical. Posted here, too, on a non-binary group, no doubt.

What, did I just invent binary links?

Sorry, I misread that. I thought you were going to do something
more standard for Usenet: posting a multimeg file, not a link.

Is it too late to file a patent for that *and* my Wireless Guacamole?

g Alas, you're too late. Our well-known friend, Montezuma, invented
streaming guacamole. It's part of his revenge when you eat bad Mexican
food.

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
Winston

Larry Jaques wrote:

g Alas, you're too late. Our well-known friend, Montezuma, invented
streaming guacamole. It's part of his revenge when you eat bad Mexican
food.

Taco Bell, the thinking man's laxative.

--Winston