Larry Jaques

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:07:02 -0600, the inscrutable ken grunke
spake:

Winston wrote:
Ben Carter wrote:

I know just about every single one of you has invented one, two, or 50
tools,

http://www.tinaja.com/patnt01.asp

Interesting resource! I decided that it wouldn't be worth the
cost and complete hassle to patent my product, and several
clones have come out in the past decade. Luckily, some of these
brilliant copies were made of CARDBOARD! g

People tell me my idea is so ingenious, I should get a patent. Almost
from the beginning, in 1999, I figured that to be a rediculous suggestion.
The design of my "invention" is reasonably obvious to any "practitioner
in the field", so I said screw the patent system--I posted my idea to
the public domain in the form of a website.
Didn't know I was following Don Lancaster's advice, but now I'm cranking
out 2-3 units a week and having a good old time:

http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/ecc/

Ditto here. A lady attorney friend approached me in 1995 for a laptop
glare guard. I checked the Web to see if any were available and found
none. I tried half a dozen styles, settled on one, decided to make it
a top-notch product with really good materials, and the rest is
history of a sort. I've been making and selling NoteSHADES(tm) to
my clients ever since that time. The Canadian Space Agency has 4 of
them.

http://diversify.com/shades2.html
http://diversify.com/ns2.html

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen