Winston

Larry Jaques penned:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:25:47 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:16:11 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

(...)

(Dragging DMM Probe design into the 20th century)

Have you seen the spring-loaded style with the built-in hook, like
plastic-covered, spring-loaded gaf?

Yup, they work great. I want an integrated solution, though.

Aren't they, yet?

Nuh uh. We're still in the Dark Ages. At best, we provide a
kit of fiddly little parts that are missing when they are most needed.

http://www.pomonaelectronics.com/cgi-local/guide.pl?product=10+Series&guide=dmm&company=Fluke

At worst, we have separate probes for wire testing and for um. probing.
Nothing remotely 'integrated' in the way I imagine.

The same probes should be able to 'probe' and 'alligator' safely.
(Not at the same time, ya unnerstand.)

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

(...)

How about $14.95 each with a flat $3.85 shipping fee for
up to 4 pouches? Priority Mail.

You might need some ad copy reminding us how costly it was, last time
we needed to swap a cutting disc for a grinding wheel and the special
wrench was *nowhere to be found*.

Fifteen bucks gets wasted rather quickly under those circs.

You'll want to post photos of the pouch in use with:
* A Moto type power grinder, to hold burrs, cup wheel, cutting discs and arbor, collets
* An angle grinder, to hold flange adaptors and wrench
* A drill motor, to hold screwdriver - and drill bits
* A circular saw, to hold the blade wrench, a 10' steel tape and a carpenter's pencil
* A recipro saw, to hold blades and the Stupid Allen Wrench (TM) to change them
* An air ratchet, to hold most - used sockets and allen drivers
* A Metcal solder iron, to hold tips

(...)

Good, it's in stock. I build my NoteSHADES glare guards with it.
Need one of those while we're at it? (shameless plug)
www.diversify.com/shades2.html (BTW, the large white logo has
been replaced by a more discreet, white tag on the back.)

Sure! Coulda used one today, in fact.
Let me know when the ToolRoo's* are available. I'll order at the
same time.

(...)

OK, You're on. I'll try to whip those out this week.

Radical, dude.

(...)

* "Now you have it. Diversify Communications introduces the ToolRoo Pouch."

The ad campaign will feature Jessica Simpson.
I want to watch her say "ToolRoo" a few times

--Winston