Winston

Larry Jaques suggested:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:11:09 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

The same probes should be able to 'probe' and 'alligator' safely.
(Not at the same time, ya unnerstand.)

I could have sworn I'd seen a Fluke meter with both styles built in.
'Twas a plastic tip which was pointed and had a probe tip within, but
it was wider at the base and had a cutout with a hook. When you pulled
the plastic cover back, it exposed the spike at the end and the hook
in the middle. Release to hook or hold down to probe. Upon further
thought, I believe it was a friend's portable o-scope which had those.
I'll ask him. (Gunner, it's my friend, Terry)

I'd like to see a picture of that. Doesn't sound familiar.
Most scope probes do have a sliding cover that exposes a hook for
wire probing. Slip that off and you have a needle probe.
That is close, featurewise but still has too many removable parts.

One should be able to do conventional probing, wire end attachment
and insulation piercing with the same probe without any accessories.

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

(...)

Yes, and wood routers need wrenches, too. I'll use a few of these
myself.

Good catch!

(...)

Sure! Coulda used one today, in fact.
Let me know when the ToolRoo's* are available. I'll order at the
same time.

Great! I should be able to tuck the pouches in the same package as the
NoteSHADE for no extra cost.

Thank you, sir.

Now to make a Paypal button for the
ToolRoo(tm). (Thanks for the name, too, Winston.)

But of course.

(...)

Is it Wednesday already? Gotta get hoppin'!

Keep us in stitches, Larry!

(...)

* "Now you have it. Diversify Communications introduces the ToolRoo Pouch."

The ad campaign will feature Jessica Simpson.
I want to watch her say "ToolRoo" a few times

Yes, those poochy lips would do that well. domg

(DOMG = Dirty Old Man Grin)

Heh heh heh...

--Winston