Winston

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:16:11 -0800, the inscrutable Winston
spake:

Here is what I would buy from you inventive types:

* A self-sharpening, easily cleaned beard shaving system.

Google for "weed eater".

Then Google for "First Aid"!

* A 3/8" rechargable ratchet like the one Skil used to sell for nearly
no money. Removing spark plugs was really fast and easy with this.
I miss mine. Gotta be more portable than an air ratchet, too.
Like the Makita 6706DWA, but lighter and for US$ 90., not US$ 300.

Those sound like they could be handy at times. I used to carry one of
the B&D electric screwdrivers with me when I repaired computers for a
living. It didn't save much time (which is OK when billing by the
hour) but it saved my energy. Have you tried the stubby 1/4" air
ratchets?

I'm leaning that way. Will probably have one before my next tuneup.

They're still tied to a hose but they're a LOT more compact.

And 30% lighter, too. Kewl!

* An automotive GPS system that uses a full - size keyboard for address entry.

Built into the steering wheel?

Yeah! Replace the explosive airbag.

* A screwdriver with Wiha system 4 blades, each selectable with just one
click as per the old multi-color pens:
http://www.simple-office.com/p%20t%2...-color-pen.gif

Jayzuss, is someone here L A Z Y ? heh heh heh

Guilty as charged, Yeronner.

(...)

* Multimeter probes that safely connect to wires or be used
as a conventional needle, without the need to keep track of adaptors.

Have you seen the spring-loaded style with the built-in hook, like
plastic-covered, spring-loaded gaf?

Yup, they work great. I want an integrated solution, though.

The same probes should be able to 'probe' and 'alligator' safely.
(Not at the same time, ya unnerstand.)

* A small canvas bag that attaches to the power cord of my angle grinder.
It stores the flange adaptors and wrench.

How much do you want to pay for one?

US $9.95 plus shipping.

Size?

7.0" x 2.0" x 0.5" *inside capacity*.

How about 420 denier nylon with waterproofing?

Yeah! ('Water resistant' would be sufficient.) In Basic Black.

I'll use 1" Velcro to both attach and close
the beast, padding it with 1/8" foam for longer life.

Cool!

Who all wants one of these?

Put me down for three. (My circular saw needs wrench storage, too.)

--Winston