abbygale

Default Trafficam online. Speaking of cameras..

How about the PhotoBlocker Spray?
That is illegible for the naked eyes. It is a clear spray that goes
over your plate and it reflects the flash back to the camera and what
you see on the picture is a bright reflected white image but not your
license number. Now we all know what this means. The police will have
no idea about your license plate number; as a result, there will be no
ticket that will rip you off. Isn't that a cool thing? I find it
amazing. Advertently, there is no law which says that your license
plate has to photogenic.
Actually, check this out on their web site
www.phantomplate.com

Dave Hinz

On 13 Jan 2005 08:55:56 -0800, abbygale wrote:
How about the PhotoBlocker Spray?

Sounds like a scam, and probably spam as well.

That is illegible for the naked eyes. It is a clear spray that goes
over your plate and it reflects the flash back to the camera and what
you see on the picture is a bright reflected white image but not your
license number. Now we all know what this means.

Yeah, if you get caught obscuring your license plate, you're gonna
get fined.

The police will have
no idea about your license plate number; as a result, there will be no
ticket that will rip you off. Isn't that a cool thing? I find it
amazing.

Unbelievable would be the word I'm thinking.

Advertently, there is no law which says that your license
plate has to photogenic.

Pretty global statement to make.

Actually, check this out on their web site

Don't you mean "our web site"?

www.DELETED.com

Charles A. Sherwood

Yeah, if you get caught obscuring your license plate, you're gonna
get fined.

Really? I see many many cars with platic covers over the plates that
are intended to hide the plates from IR cameras at tollbooths. Too
many to believe that the police are stopping cars and giving tickets for it.
I see some that are so opaque that I can't read the plate when I'm driving
behind them!

I also see tons of pickup trucks with a trailer hitch that hides the
plates. Do these guys get tickets too?

And then there are the licence plate holders that hide the top and bottom
of the plate and you can't tell what state the vehicle is from.

So, I don't believe they ticket for obscuring plates at all!
chuck
Dave Hinz

On 13 Jan 2005 18:24:18 GMT, Charles A. Sherwood wrote:

Yeah, if you get caught obscuring your license plate, you're gonna
get fined.

Really? I see many many cars with platic covers over the plates that
are intended to hide the plates from IR cameras at tollbooths. Too
many to believe that the police are stopping cars and giving tickets for it.

I deal with the local cops frequently, and asked about those. They
won't pull people over for them, but if they pull someone over for
something else, they cite them for the license plate violation as well.
Much like the seat belt laws here (Wisconsin).

I see some that are so opaque that I can't read the plate when I'm driving
behind them!

Yup.

I also see tons of pickup trucks with a trailer hitch that hides the
plates. Do these guys get tickets too?

I would think that'd be up to the officer and his confidence that the
judge wouldn't tell him to knock it off. A trailer hitch isn't designed
to block a license plate, where Super-Spammer's-Magic-Spray or a cover
is.

And then there are the licence plate holders that hide the top and bottom
of the plate and you can't tell what state the vehicle is from.

Well, my dad got pulled over by an over-zealous barney-fife type cop
because his renewal sticker wasn't visible from behind one of those
frames.

So, I don't believe they ticket for obscuring plates at all!

I suppose it depends. Usually the types who have the cover over the
plates aren't doing only one stupid thing at any given time.

Grant Erwin

Charles A. Sherwood wrote:

So, I don't believe they ticket for obscuring plates at all!

Someday you will if you do it. Someday you will .. there's a freeway
onramp near here which has a carpool lane which gets a lot of cheating
going on to avoid the ramp metering. Someone complained to the paper
and said they *never* see any enforcement. The Washington State Patrol
responded that they'd written 56 tickets at that ramp in the previous
month.

Those guys work 3 shifts and you only work one. Break a traffic law
and sometime you'll get stopped for some CS thing and he won't feel
like writing you up for it and he'll look for anything. Smart guys
don't leave them anything to find. Like little blue glass dots in
their taillights, they look cool but they're illegal.

You must be young.

GWE
Charles A. Sherwood

Those guys work 3 shifts and you only work one. Break a traffic law
and sometime you'll get stopped for some CS thing and he won't feel
like writing you up for it and he'll look for anything. Smart guys
don't leave them anything to find. Like little blue glass dots in
their taillights, they look cool but they're illegal.

Now flashing colored lights on your car will get you pulled over pretty
quick (so I'm told by local police). This I believe because I don't
see any of them on the road. I hear that colored lights on the front
of your car tied to your turn signal are just asking for a ticket.
I hear that excessive tinted windows are another sure item.

You must be young.

Young and rich are both a matter of perspective.
I'm pushing 50, and I don't consider that young, but could be
considered young for a metalworker.

jim rozen

In article , Grant Erwin says...

...Smart guys
don't leave them anything to find.

Wise move. No lights out, no busted anything. That way
if you ever are stopped, at least you look like you
care about what you drive.

Jim

please reply to:
Mike Henry

"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message

Yeah, if you get caught obscuring your license plate, you're gonna
get fined.

Really? I see many many cars with platic covers over the plates that
are intended to hide the plates from IR cameras at tollbooths. Too
many to believe that the police are stopping cars and giving tickets for
it.
I see some that are so opaque that I can't read the plate when I'm driving
behind them!

I also see tons of pickup trucks with a trailer hitch that hides the
plates. Do these guys get tickets too?

And then there are the licence plate holders that hide the top and bottom
of the plate and you can't tell what state the vehicle is from.

So, I don't believe they ticket for obscuring plates at all!
chuck

Many years ago I got stopped by the local cops because my rear license plate
was obscured by mud. They were friendly enough about the violation but
insisted that it be cleaned off before allowing me to proceed. No ticket on
that one.

Rick

"abbygale" wrote in message
ups.com...
How about the PhotoBlocker Spray?
That is illegible for the naked eyes. It is a clear spray that goes
over your plate and it reflects the flash back to the camera and what
you see on the picture is a bright reflected white image but not your
license number. Now we all know what this means. The police will have
no idea about your license plate number; as a result, there will be no
ticket that will rip you off. Isn't that a cool thing? I find it
amazing. Advertently, there is no law which says that your license
plate has to photogenic.
Actually, check this out on their web site
www.phantomplate.com

Sure it's a cool thing-until one of the assholes who think they can run red
lights any time they want now to plows into you...

Here in southeast Michigan, traffic lights are mostly just a warning that an
intersection is near. If it aint a solid red by the time you get within 50
feet of it, go through.

100 feet in the case of left turn only lanes...

ted harris

In newsave Hinz typed:
Unbelievable would be the word I'm thinking.

Go figure!
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

Gunner

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:34:30 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 13 Jan 2005 18:24:18 GMT, (Charles A.
Sherwood) calmly ranted:

Yeah, if you get caught obscuring your license plate, you're gonna
get fined.

Really? I see many many cars with platic covers over the plates that
are intended to hide the plates from IR cameras at tollbooths. Too
many to believe that the police are stopping cars and giving tickets for it.
I see some that are so opaque that I can't read the plate when I'm driving
behind them!

I also see tons of pickup trucks with a trailer hitch that hides the
plates. Do these guys get tickets too?

I got a warning in CA when I had the plate mounted behind the standard
trailer ball on my standard dock bumper. The cop said that according
to the law, nothing at all should block it. I think it was a ploy to
pull me over and check my sobriety. Luckily, it was years after I quit
drinking.

Check your state laws.

Thats a regular classic here in California, even today. I play a bit
of pool in bars, and while I dont drink, I may leave during the "drunk
hours" of midnite to 2am. Ive been stopped so many times with that
ploy, that I used ask them with a big smile if its Felony Trailer
Hitch? as I handed them the paper work. They know me now and dont
even look twice as I make my rounds.

When I was a cop a gazillion years ago, license plate lights was
usually good Probable Cause. In those days, it was not uncommon for
one to be burned out. Most folks assume that if the lp is illuminated
by at least one..its ok. Its not G
Bulbs are way better now days.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
DG

It really depends with your state laws. Here in Washington D.C you can
have a photoshield, reflector or any kind of license plate covers, but
in VA and MD you will be pulled over and get a warning or ticket for
doing that.

Andy Asberry

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:34:07 GMT, "Rick" wrote:
..

Here in southeast Michigan, traffic lights are mostly just a warning that an
intersection is near. If it aint a solid red by the time you get within 50
feet of it, go through.

100 feet in the case of left turn only lanes...

Once in the car with my 5 and 6 year old niece and nephew, we were
playing the fifty questions game.

What does a red light mean? "Stop"

What does a green light mean? "Go"

What about an amber light? "Uh, go fast?"