Roy

Default ATTN: Tom Gardner..................

Do you have any brushes similar to Black Knight brand Filter brushes?

If not, it may be worth your interests to check into them, as they
seem to be pretty darn hot item amojng KOI enthusiasts............

They are in 3 different diameters from 4" up to 8" , and lengths
from about 8" to 48" and constructed with polypropylene twisted into
two stainless steel wires to form a cylindrical brush with a loop at
one end for hanging.

You can see what I am talking about here if interested.
http://www.aquaticpondsupplies.com/brushes.htm

They are certainly a big item and most setups usually involve quite a
few brushes to be used........

Regards

Roy
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Tom Gardner

I looked at the site and I don't do "Twisted-in-Wire" brushes but I buy them
from trading partners. The site's prices are good! I'm impressed and what
a great idea for filtering.

"Roy" wrote in message
Do you have any brushes similar to Black Knight brand Filter brushes?

If not, it may be worth your interests to check into them, as they
seem to be pretty darn hot item amojng KOI enthusiasts............

They are in 3 different diameters from 4" up to 8" , and lengths
from about 8" to 48" and constructed with polypropylene twisted into
two stainless steel wires to form a cylindrical brush with a loop at
one end for hanging.

You can see what I am talking about here if interested.
http://www.aquaticpondsupplies.com/brushes.htm

They are certainly a big item and most setups usually involve quite a
few brushes to be used........

Regards

Roy
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Roy

You would be amazed at some of the concepts and ideas KOI fanciers
have to filter the water........You think home shop machinist types
are inventive, those Koi fanciers are catching up pretty quick with
their contraptions and at the rate they are going it won;t be long
until they have the lead on ingenuity!

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 03:42:06 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

===I looked at the site and I don't do "Twisted-in-Wire" brushes but I buy them
===from trading partners. The site's prices are good! I'm impressed and what
===a great idea for filtering.
===
==="Roy" wrote in message
et...
[...]
=== Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com
=== Opinions expressed are those of my wife,
=== I had no input whatsoever.
=== Remove "nospam" from email addy.
===

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Gerald Miller

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:42:18 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi? I wonder what
recipies work best?

IIRC Koi are a variant of the carp, in which case, you gut the fish
and cut off the head, then lightly butter the interior surface, apply
a light dusting of seasoned (salt & pepper) all purpose flour, and
spread the fish skin side up on a freshly peeled basswood slab using
small nails to hold in the spread position. Place the combination in a
preheated 475 deg. F. oven for approximately 40 minutes until the
exterior is a medium brown in colour, remove from the oven and let
cool for six minutes to achieve a nice set then remove the nails,
throw the fish in the garbage and eat the slab.
Note: this is an old family recipe which has been handed down through
two generations. also, the nails are made of metal.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Gunner

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi?

As with any fish, Dupont makes the best fishing lures.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:28:24 GMT, Gunner
calmly ranted:

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi?

As with any fish, Dupont makes the best fishing lures.

WHAT? You mean to tell me that you don't "roll your own", dude?
What kind of survivalist ARE you? bseg

CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

Peter Snell

Gunner wrote:

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi?

As with any fish, Dupont makes the best fishing lures.

Gunner

I prefer the C.I.L. wobbler.....

Pete
--
__
Pete Snell

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

Gunner

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:18:06 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:28:24 GMT, Gunner
calmly ranted:

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi?

As with any fish, Dupont makes the best fishing lures.

WHAT? You mean to tell me that you don't "roll your own", dude?
What kind of survivalist ARE you? bseg

"I refuse to answer on the grounds it may tend to incriminate me"

Which reminds me..a 2 liter bottle, a heavy weight and some calcium
carbide is said to work well for impromptu "rolling your own fishing
lures"

So Ive heard anyways. It was on the internet. Honest.

Gunner

CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks!
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Gunner

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:34:09 -0500, Peter Snell
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi?

As with any fish, Dupont makes the best fishing lures.

Gunner

I prefer the C.I.L. wobbler.....

Pete

Same type of lure, different manufacture. G

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "Tim Williams"
wrote back on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:57:32 -0600 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Which reminds me..a 2 liter bottle, a heavy weight and some calcium
carbide is said to work well for impromptu "rolling your own fishing
lures"

I think those are illegal everywhere but Missisippi.....

I think you guys are the ones who give "that sort" a bad name :-D

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
Gunner

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:57:32 -0600, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Which reminds me..a 2 liter bottle, a heavy weight and some calcium
carbide is said to work well for impromptu "rolling your own fishing
lures"

I think those are illegal everywhere but Missisippi.....

Tim

Yes, and your point is?

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Gunner

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:21:15 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "Tim Williams"
wrote back on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:57:32 -0600 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
Which reminds me..a 2 liter bottle, a heavy weight and some calcium
carbide is said to work well for impromptu "rolling your own fishing
lures"

I think those are illegal everywhere but Missisippi.....

I think you guys are the ones who give "that sort" a bad name :-D

tschus
pyotr

Us? Big old harmless fuzzy bunny lovable fuzzballs? Us?

Nah...the resemblance to those people your mother warned you about is
strictly coincidental.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 23:53:21 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:57:32 -0600, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
Which reminds me..a 2 liter bottle, a heavy weight and some calcium
carbide is said to work well for impromptu "rolling your own fishing
lures"

I think those are illegal everywhere but Missisippi.....

Tim

Yes, and your point is?

Gunner

Reminds me of a few years ago when the game warden
showed up while I was fishin'...

He pulled his boat up next to mine and said "you got a permit
for that, boy?".

I handed him a lit stick of dynamite and asked "you going to
talk or fish?"

Ok..maybe not...but it is a pretty funny story.

Regards
Dave Mundt

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:01:43 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

"Gunner" wrote in message
Which reminds me..a 2 liter bottle, a heavy weight and some calcium
carbide is said to work well for impromptu "rolling your own fishing
lures"

I think those are illegal everywhere but Missisippi.....

I think you guys are the ones who give "that sort" a bad name :-D

tschus
pyotr

Us? Big old harmless fuzzy bunny lovable fuzzballs? Us?

Yeah, you. What my brother called the "middle class hippies." Instead
of a VW Microbus or converted school bus, they've got a International
Pickup with a Big Camper on the back. (Now a days, you see 'em with fifth
wheel trailers. Kids these days ... )

Nah...the resemblance to those people your mother warned you about is
strictly coincidental.

Not hardly. My Mother didn't know about such as you, she went to the
Good School.
Now my Dad, he knew you guys in other incarnations. (His buddy Cliff
almost got tossed from Preacher School after he punched out a fellow
student.) You'd no doubt like him.

tschus
pyotr

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

--
pyotr filipivich
We didn't have these sorts of problems when I was a boy,
back when snakes wore shoes and dirt was $2 a pound,
if you could find it. We had to make our own from rocks!
Gunner

wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "Tim Williams"
wrote back on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:57:32 -0600 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
"Gunner" wrote in message
m...
Which reminds me..a 2 liter bottle, a heavy weight and some calcium
carbide is said to work well for impromptu "rolling your own fishing
lures"

I think those are illegal everywhere but Missisippi.....

I think you guys are the ones who give "that sort" a bad name :-D

tschus
pyotr

Us? Big old harmless fuzzy bunny lovable fuzzballs? Us?

Yeah, you. What my brother called the "middle class hippies." Instead
of a VW Microbus or converted school bus, they've got a International
Pickup with a Big Camper on the back. (Now a days, you see 'em with fifth
wheel trailers. Kids these days ...

Hummm different class of folks. My group is more normally seen with a
beard, maybe a ponytail, cowboy boots, big buckle , rifle rack in the
back window of a beater pickup truck, maybe a little green/yellow/red
decal in the back window, often some sort of pro 2nd bumpersticker and
a generally live and let live attitude for most things except
politics. We live on the wrong side of the tracks from the guys with
the big camper trailers and Never, ever wear Birkenstocks or drink
"coffee" from Starbucks, though there may be a KrispyKreme wrapper or
two on the cluttered floorboards.

Nah...the resemblance to those people your mother warned you about is
strictly coincidental.

Not hardly. My Mother didn't know about such as you, she went to the
Good School.
Now my Dad, he knew you guys in other incarnations. (His buddy Cliff
almost got tossed from Preacher School after he punched out a fellow
student.) You'd no doubt like him.

Sounds like my sort of fella.

tschus
pyotr

Gunner

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:18:20 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "Tim Williams"
wrote back on Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:57:32 -0600 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
"Gunner" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Sounds like Uncle Lee.

Yeah, the "redneck hippie" - not so much "Peace and Love" as "Peace and
Quiet and leave me the Fsck alone!" Salt of the G-d damn earth! All we want
is to be left alone to enjoy our wives, raise our kids, and tinker with
whatever it is we have in the garage. If once in a while we get a little
"tired and emotional" (As the brits report it), well, a man's entitled now
and then.

Nah...the resemblance to those people your mother warned you about is
strictly coincidental.

Not hardly. My Mother didn't know about such as you, she went to the
Good School.
Now my Dad, he knew you guys in other incarnations. (His buddy Cliff
almost got tossed from Preacher School after he punched out a fellow
student.) You'd no doubt like him.

Sounds like my sort of fella.

Yeah. Had a "colorful" history, (Black market, bootlegger, card sharp,
taught my grand mother not to play craps because "While she's been playing
with two dice, I've been .. " blows on the fist holding dice " playing with
three.") didn't do too well as a "standard parish preacher" but did well in
the logging and mining camps, ranches and other places where you got
religion came after the preacher whupped your ass. Or at least you decided
to not hassle the preacher.
Wound up a millwright, a "worker priest" even if he was Protestant.
When he talked about "There, but for the grace of God..." everybody knew
that he knew what the hell he was talking about.
--
pyotr filipivich.
Sunworshipper

"Gunner" wrote in message
news:6l4cr0tmts5u61juu9uh5vbp1nc3pvvemj@4ax. com...
[...]

For some reason I thought this thread was about brushes to clean
machines. I really fell for the new way to cook "catfish" with the
skin tacked on a board. Anyhow, a heads up if you like Kois , keep
the exterminator away from the pond. Friend's of mine that live by
wayne n.'s place had all of their fish killed by their bug guy or the
rose dust. Ooops

As to craps, the other night I was walking by the craps tables and
they obviously lost a die about 20' away in the multi-colored carpet.
I spotted it at first glance and picked it up by the edges like it was
toxic and gave it back to them. Guess I could be just paranoid , but
didn't want to even look like I was party to switching or weighing.
Last time I played (decade ago) the other players would give me their
turns to roll.

That night was really tempting cause the mother-in-law put $5 in a
penny slot machine after dinner. With lots of time to burn I started
scopeing out the 21 tables and wondering if I'd have the pit boss all
over me within 10-15 mins. They had a couple of single deck tables ,
but I couldn't find the little sign that tells the minimum bet , just
one that looked like Latin to me. Go back to see how the pennies are
doing and blast , she's winning ! Take another look at all the 21's
again and still can't find the bid signs. So I asked the pit boss why
all I can find is the Latin line and he said it meant that you can't
jump into a hand. I laughed and he said that I'd be surprised how many
people try to pull that. Come to find out it was a sign that was
lightly etched on glass , very hard to see from a distance. I got a
way without playing just cause talking to the pit boss would ruin the
experiment of getting in trouble as usual.

I'd be good at gambling , but just can't hang with the tension of ,
if the game warden will show up.