Roy

Default ATTN: Tom Gardner..................

Do you have any brushes similar to Black Knight brand Filter brushes?

If not, it may be worth your interests to check into them, as they
seem to be pretty darn hot item amojng KOI enthusiasts............

They are in 3 different diameters from 4" up to 8" , and lengths
from about 8" to 48" and constructed with polypropylene twisted into
two stainless steel wires to form a cylindrical brush with a loop at
one end for hanging.

You can see what I am talking about here if interested.
http://www.aquaticpondsupplies.com/brushes.htm

They are certainly a big item and most setups usually involve quite a
few brushes to be used........

Regards

Roy
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.
Tom Gardner

I looked at the site and I don't do "Twisted-in-Wire" brushes but I buy them
from trading partners. The site's prices are good! I'm impressed and what
a great idea for filtering.

"Roy" wrote in message
Do you have any brushes similar to Black Knight brand Filter brushes?

If not, it may be worth your interests to check into them, as they
seem to be pretty darn hot item amojng KOI enthusiasts............

They are in 3 different diameters from 4" up to 8" , and lengths
from about 8" to 48" and constructed with polypropylene twisted into
two stainless steel wires to form a cylindrical brush with a loop at
one end for hanging.

You can see what I am talking about here if interested.
http://www.aquaticpondsupplies.com/brushes.htm

They are certainly a big item and most setups usually involve quite a
few brushes to be used........

Regards

Roy
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Roy

You would be amazed at some of the concepts and ideas KOI fanciers
have to filter the water........You think home shop machinist types
are inventive, those Koi fanciers are catching up pretty quick with
their contraptions and at the rate they are going it won;t be long
until they have the lead on ingenuity!

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 03:42:06 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

===I looked at the site and I don't do "Twisted-in-Wire" brushes but I buy them
===from trading partners. The site's prices are good! I'm impressed and what
===a great idea for filtering.
===
==="Roy" wrote in message
et...
[...]
=== Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com
=== Opinions expressed are those of my wife,
=== I had no input whatsoever.
=== Remove "nospam" from email addy.
===

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Gerald Miller

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:42:18 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi? I wonder what
recipies work best?

IIRC Koi are a variant of the carp, in which case, you gut the fish
and cut off the head, then lightly butter the interior surface, apply
a light dusting of seasoned (salt & pepper) all purpose flour, and
spread the fish skin side up on a freshly peeled basswood slab using
small nails to hold in the spread position. Place the combination in a
preheated 475 deg. F. oven for approximately 40 minutes until the
exterior is a medium brown in colour, remove from the oven and let
cool for six minutes to achieve a nice set then remove the nails,
throw the fish in the garbage and eat the slab.
Note: this is an old family recipe which has been handed down through
two generations. also, the nails are made of metal.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Gunner

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi?

As with any fish, Dupont makes the best fishing lures.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas