Gerald Miller

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:42:18 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

So, what are the best lures for me to use on my bud's Koi? I wonder what
recipies work best?

IIRC Koi are a variant of the carp, in which case, you gut the fish
and cut off the head, then lightly butter the interior surface, apply
a light dusting of seasoned (salt & pepper) all purpose flour, and
spread the fish skin side up on a freshly peeled basswood slab using
small nails to hold in the spread position. Place the combination in a
preheated 475 deg. F. oven for approximately 40 minutes until the
exterior is a medium brown in colour, remove from the oven and let
cool for six minutes to achieve a nice set then remove the nails,
throw the fish in the garbage and eat the slab.
Note: this is an old family recipe which has been handed down through
two generations. also, the nails are made of metal.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada