Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tool for deburring threaded rod

Try uniburr. It chucks up in a drill & puts a nice chamfer on the end
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Try uniburr. It chucks up in a drill & puts a nice chamfer on the end

Okay. So does that mean I am not allowed to use my bench sander anymore? I
use threaded rod for handles all the time. I just cut it to length on the
bandsaw, and then I flatten any linear burr with the belt sander, and then
spin it against the belt to chamfer the end. Never have any problem
threading it into the part, or threading the handles onto the rod. Total
working length comes out pretty consistent from one to the next.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:n4cu4e$fko$1
@dont-email.me:

Okay. So does that mean I am not allowed to use my bench sander anymore?

Chuckle! I don't know why folks don't know that trick. I'll even use a
bench grinder to to it (with a gentle touch, wheel moving toward the bitter
end). 'Works every time.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

:

Okay. So does that mean I am not allowed to use my bench sander anymore?

Chuckle! I don't know why folks don't know that trick. I'll even use a
bench grinder to to it (with a gentle touch, wheel moving toward the bitter
end). 'Works every time.

Lloyd

My preferece is the bench grinder followed by the brush wheel because
that what is available and has wroked for many years.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

mike fired this volley in news:n4dphv$vu4$1@dont-
email.me:

Why do you want to deburr the threaded rod?
Use the method that addresses the problem you're trying to fix.
If you want nuts to go on easily, try running a nut down the rod.
Or a thread restoring die.
Or a threading die.

Who said we weren't doing that? We're talking about restoring a saw-cut
end to a 'clean end'. A file works, too.

Unless you're preserving only enough threads on the end of a shortened
bolt to fully-engage one nut deep, you _always_ thread a nut or die on
before cutting.

I guess cosmetics aren't important to you. They are to me.

Lloyd