Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tool for deburring threaded rod

mike fired this volley in news:n4dphv$vu4$1@dont-
email.me:

Why do you want to deburr the threaded rod?
Use the method that addresses the problem you're trying to fix.
If you want nuts to go on easily, try running a nut down the rod.
Or a thread restoring die.
Or a threading die.

Who said we weren't doing that? We're talking about restoring a saw-cut
end to a 'clean end'. A file works, too.

Unless you're preserving only enough threads on the end of a shortened
bolt to fully-engage one nut deep, you _always_ thread a nut or die on
before cutting.

I guess cosmetics aren't important to you. They are to me.

Lloyd