Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Tool for deburring threaded rod

On 12/10/2015 8:39 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:47:11 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:n4cu4e$fko$1
@dont-email.me:

Okay. So does that mean I am not allowed to use my bench sander anymore?

Chuckle! I don't know why folks don't know that trick. I'll even use a
bench grinder to to it (with a gentle touch, wheel moving toward the bitter
end). 'Works every time.

Lloyd

My preferece is the bench grinder followed by the brush wheel because
that what is available and has wroked for many years.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Why do you want to deburr the threaded rod?
Use the method that addresses the problem you're trying to fix.
If you want nuts to go on easily, try running a nut down the rod.
Or a thread restoring die.
Or a threading die.