Old July 27th 15, 07:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Electrical - what's wrong with this?

"Dave, I can't do that" wrote:

On Friday, July 3, 2015 at 9:13:48 AM UTC-7, Tim Wescott wrote:

Make sure your fancy wattmeter can stand the current draw -- a normal
outlet is 10 or 15 amps; your pump may need much more.

It's a 240v 1.5hp motor (1134-Watt) and I doubt the meter is directly in series with the load. Might be wrong, have been before.

Or just an old mechanical clock, if you looked at it often

Great idea, thanks, I will see what's at the local junk shops next time in town. Must surely be able to find one of those old flap-clocks.

The pump, supply and connections are 100-feet from the house and not visible and, I would prefer not to be adding 100-Watts extra to the costs.

I am going with the flap-clock, if I can find one. Brilliant thought, thanks again.

Dave

This is a lot better than an old clock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standco-Type-T-41-AC-Running-Time-Meter-2-/400822185748

Old July 27th 15, 07:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

So why haven't you put a rubber baby buggy bumper around the pipe
there during one of these repair sessions, Dave? This would head off
the repair instead of just letting you know when it wore through. I
have seen bumpers you can install on the flexi poly line so it doesn't
wear through. (Where the hell did I see that?) Googlit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORQUE-STOP-ARRESTOR-WATER-WELL-SUBMERSIBLE-PUMP-WIRE-PROTECTION-ARRESTER-/271552325722

Lowe's has them, on their website.
Old July 27th 15, 11:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 02:30:00 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

So why haven't you put a rubber baby buggy bumper around the pipe
there during one of these repair sessions, Dave? This would head off
the repair instead of just letting you know when it wore through. I
have seen bumpers you can install on the flexi poly line so it doesn't
wear through. (Where the hell did I see that?) Googlit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORQUE-STOP-ARRESTOR-WATER-WELL-SUBMERSIBLE-PUMP-WIRE-PROTECTION-ARRESTER-/271552325722

Lowe's has them, on their website.

LORDY, they don't give those away, do they?

--
My desire to be well-informed is currently
at odds with my desire to remain sane. --Sipkess
Old July 29th 15, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

So why haven't you put a rubber baby buggy bumper around the pipe
there during one of these repair sessions, Dave? This would head off
the repair instead of just letting you know when it wore through. I
have seen bumpers you can install on the flexi poly line so it doesn't
wear through. (Where the hell did I see that?) Googlit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORQUE-STOP-ARRESTOR-WATER-WELL-SUBMERSIBLE-PUMP-WIRE-PROTECTION-ARRESTER-/271552325722

Lowe's has them, on their website.

LORDY, they don't give those away, do they?

$17, compared to the price of all the other parts?
Old July 30th 15, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:45:20 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

So why haven't you put a rubber baby buggy bumper around the pipe
there during one of these repair sessions, Dave? This would head off
the repair instead of just letting you know when it wore through. I
have seen bumpers you can install on the flexi poly line so it doesn't
wear through. (Where the hell did I see that?) Googlit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORQUE-STOP-ARRESTOR-WATER-WELL-SUBMERSIBLE-PUMP-WIRE-PROTECTION-ARRESTER-/271552325722

Lowe's has them, on their website.

LORDY, they don't give those away, do they?

$17, compared to the price of all the other parts?

No, seventeen bucks for a little piece of rubber and a pair of hose
clamps. Ootrageous, it is.