Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Electrical - what's wrong with this?

"Dave, I can't do that" wrote:

On Friday, July 3, 2015 at 9:13:48 AM UTC-7, Tim Wescott wrote:

Make sure your fancy wattmeter can stand the current draw -- a normal
outlet is 10 or 15 amps; your pump may need much more.

It's a 240v 1.5hp motor (1134-Watt) and I doubt the meter is directly in series with the load. Might be wrong, have been before.

Or just an old mechanical clock, if you looked at it often

Great idea, thanks, I will see what's at the local junk shops next time in town. Must surely be able to find one of those old flap-clocks.

The pump, supply and connections are 100-feet from the house and not visible and, I would prefer not to be adding 100-Watts extra to the costs.

I am going with the flap-clock, if I can find one. Brilliant thought, thanks again.

Dave

This is a lot better than an old clock:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standco-Type-T-41-AC-Running-Time-Meter-2-/400822185748