Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default What's wrong with this BOM ?

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

Attached Files
File Type: pdf V240_bom_later.pdf (50.1 KB, 77 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:09:44 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

No date, no revision control, no effectivity, no author, no signoff,
no notes, no apparent assembly breakdown, no ref designators for
cables and fasteners, goofy ref designators.

It's Audio, right?

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

No resistors, except for a few resistor networks.

The power fuse is 3.2A for Europe and 1.6 for US, which seems backwards for
220 and 110 volts.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

No date, no revision control, no effectivity, no author, no signoff,
no notes, no apparent assembly breakdown, no ref designators for
cables and fasteners, goofy ref designators.

It's Audio, right?

John

The US fuse is half the rating of the EU fuse instead of twice.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

---
The fuse values are backwards.

JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

You mean other than it is 22 frikkin' pages long when it could be reduced to
a quarter of that for a true BOM rather that what it is ... a reference
designator list.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

John Larkin wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

No date, no revision control, no effectivity, no author, no signoff,
no notes, no apparent assembly breakdown, no ref designators for
cables and fasteners, goofy ref designators.

It's Audio, right?

It's certainly German (you missed the swapped fuse value for USA and
Europe etc btw). And I agree with your general comments but you missed
the biggie.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

No resistors, except for a few resistor networks.

That's the one. That gave me a little problem recently.

The power fuse is 3.2A for Europe and 1.6 for US, which seems backwards for
220 and 110 volts.

Well spotted there too.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Phil Hobbs wrote:

John Larkin wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

No date, no revision control, no effectivity, no author, no signoff,
no notes, no apparent assembly breakdown, no ref designators for
cables and fasteners, goofy ref designators.

It's Audio, right?

John

The US fuse is half the rating of the EU fuse instead of twice.

That's the little mistake ! ;~)

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

---
The fuse values are backwards.

They are indeed but you missed the obvious. Admittedly so did I at first
when just flicking through it.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"RST Engineering (jw)" wrote:

You mean other than it is 22 frikkin' pages long when it could be reduced to
a quarter of that for a true BOM rather that what it is ... a reference
designator list.

That's another matter entirely ! You'd be amazed that IBM's MRP couldn't handle
reference designators as supplied either.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 21:44:32 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

---
The fuse values are backwards.

They are indeed but you missed the obvious. Admittedly so did I at first
when just flicking through it.

---
What I meant by 'backwards' was: "wrong way 'round", or "swapped" or
"reversed". What did you think I meant?

JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.
---
The fuse values are backwards.

They are indeed but you missed the obvious. Admittedly so did I at first
when just flicking through it.

---
What I meant by 'backwards' was: "wrong way 'round", or "swapped" or
"reversed". What did you think I meant?

I understand perfectly and you are correct.

Now find the real flaw.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

Whoever did that does know for multiple quantities of the same unit
they can use 2,3 etc in the Qty row,this would save a few trees in
stead of writing 1repetitively in the quantity row over 20 pages.This
would probably cut the page count in half.

It doesnt make sense to me to use 1n4007 rectifiers for the EU device
and 1n4002 for the north American.

Wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a **** load of 1N4007 and put them
in both the EU product and The north American product? It's not like
the excess 1n4007''s wouldnt be used later.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

Theres no transformer for the power supply?

Do I get a prize

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

Theres no transformer for the power supply?

Do I get a prize

I think this is a stock list for a repair bag, so no powersupply
needed......
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:09:44 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

For one thing, the cabinet itself is not listed.

Nothing to attach all those parts to.

No types of reference designations either.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

For one thing, the cabinet itself is not listed.

front panel, rear panel, two side wings,

some of those parts may incorporate the top and bottom of the device

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Eeyore wrote:
Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

Err..don't they have the fuses listed backwards?
240V source, 1.5A; 120V source, 3.0A ??

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Hammy wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

Whoever did that does know for multiple quantities of the same unit
they can use 2,3 etc in the Qty row,this would save a few trees in
stead of writing 1repetitively in the quantity row over 20 pages.This
would probably cut the page count in half.

Agreed.

It doesnt make sense to me to use 1n4007 rectifiers for the EU device
and 1n4002 for the north American.

Wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a **** load of 1N4007 and put them
in both the EU product and The north American product? It's not like
the excess 1n4007''s wouldnt be used later.

I hadn't even noticed that one ! How bizarre.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Hammy wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Theres no transformer for the power supply?

They forgot that TOO ?

Do I get a prize

Yes, you can take a peek at the latest parts lists they sent me about 3
months too late. ;~)

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Robert Baer wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Err..don't they have the fuses listed backwards?
240V source, 1.5A; 120V source, 3.0A ??

I'd say they do. Incidentally this was supplied by one of the supposed
market leaders in the sound re-inforcement business !

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Eeyore wrote:

Hammy wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

Whoever did that does know for multiple quantities of the same unit
they can use 2,3 etc in the Qty row,this would save a few trees in
stead of writing 1repetitively in the quantity row over 20 pages.This
would probably cut the page count in half.

Agreed.

It doesnt make sense to me to use 1n4007 rectifiers for the EU device
and 1n4002 for the north American.

Wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy a **** load of 1N4007 and put them
in both the EU product and The north American product? It's not like
the excess 1n4007''s wouldnt be used later.

I hadn't even noticed that one ! How bizarre.

Graham

That's why they needed higher current fuses in the European version.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

...Jim Thompson

Makes it a bitchkitty to specify mechanical parts though, doesn't it?

Jim

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:39:10 -0800, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

...Jim Thompson

Makes it a bitchkitty to specify mechanical parts though, doesn't it?

Jim

I don't have that problem in the I/C world ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

Well I have some time for that view but try transferring it into an MRP
system. EDA ? Hahahahahhahaaha

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"RST Engineering (jw)" wrote:

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

...Jim Thompson

Makes it a bitchkitty to specify mechanical parts though, doesn't it?

Neve had a neat way of dealing with that.

You had a BOM for assy XYZ, then the mechanical parts were assy XYZ-KOP
(kit of parts).

After all, the pcb stuffing machine can't fit them !

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:39:00 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

Well I have some time for that view but try transferring it into an MRP
system. EDA ? Hahahahahhahaaha

The old original MicroSim PSpice Schematics will generate a parts
list.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

Well I have some time for that view but try transferring it into an MRP
system. EDA ? Hahahahahhahaaha

The old original MicroSim PSpice Schematics will generate a parts
list.

Ancient DOS versions of Orcad would generate parts lists with all manner of
detail if you wanted it, just define the part field.

Not sure if it could output it as a .csv though which would be the trick to
getting it easily into MRP.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

...Jim Thompson

Makes it a bitchkitty to specify mechanical parts though, doesn't it?

Well, you have to add that stuff. Or put all the hardware on the
schematic!

Jim

I don't have that problem in the I/C world ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You make a BOM for an IC? Transistors, resistors, capacitors, wirebond
leads, pins, epoxy... all have to be pulled from stock?

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

...Jim Thompson

Makes it a bitchkitty to specify mechanical parts though, doesn't it?

Well, you have to add that stuff. Or put all the hardware on the
schematic!

Jim

I don't have that problem in the I/C world ;-)

...Jim Thompson

You make a BOM for an IC? Transistors, resistors, capacitors, wirebond
leads, pins, epoxy... all have to be pulled from stock?

John

Just to count devices... for chip area estimation. With all the
hierarchical structuring it's hard to just eyeball such stuff. The
schematic capture spits it right out.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Eeyore wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

BOM's should be generated by the schematic capture software... avoids
missing something.

Well I have some time for that view but try transferring it into an MRP
system. EDA ? Hahahahahhahaaha

The old original MicroSim PSpice Schematics will generate a parts
list.

Ancient DOS versions of Orcad would generate parts lists with all manner of
detail if you wanted it, just define the part field.

Not sure if it could output it as a .csv though which would be the trick to
getting it easily into MRP.

Microdyne had no problems importing data into their MRP software, or
outputting raw data as tab or comma delimited data. I had several custom
runs given to me on floppies, to create lists for the test bench stock.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John Larkin" wrote in
message news

You make a BOM for an IC? Transistors, resistors, capacitors, wirebond
leads, pins, epoxy... all have to be pulled from stock?

I guess wirebond has to be pulled from stock. How do they package that I
wonder? Gold wire thinner than a human hair must be wound in some way to
avoid deforming, and how big are the reels?

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Fire away. It's the obvious one you should be looking for.

Graham

No date, no revision control, no effectivity, no author, no signoff,
no notes, no apparent assembly breakdown, no ref designators for
cables and fasteners, goofy ref designators.

It's Audio, right?

John

The US fuse is half the rating of the EU fuse instead of twice.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Cool. And after that's fixed, we'll have two parts lists, one right
and one wrong, and no obvious way to tell which is which.

John

I was wrong Mary Fisher UK diy 4 May 15th 08 09:02 PM
What's wrong Doug Kanter jr Home Repair 1 June 16th 07 08:23 AM
OT : Right or Wrong? The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 12 September 16th 06 05:01 PM
Hey, what can go wrong? Sharon Home Ownership 1 September 14th 05 09:51 PM
Okay, I was wrong... John Smith Home Repair 8 August 15th 05 03:45 AM