Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A little Math

There are 35 people in the whole world that have reached the age of
112 years.

The States has 6,500,000 'active' Social Security numbers for
people that have reached that age.

Is there a special branch of mathematics to reconcile that?

I posted this to a math group and didn't even get a chuckle.

Mikek

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

amdx wrote:
There are 35 people in the whole world that have reached the age of
112 years.

The States has 6,500,000 'active' Social Security numbers for
people that have reached that age.

Is there a special branch of mathematics to reconcile that?

I posted this to a math group and didn't even get a chuckle.

Mikek

I betcha a quarter they all vote democrat too ...

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 15:27:14 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

amdx wrote:
There are 35 people in the whole world that have reached the age of
112 years.

The States has 6,500,000 'active' Social Security numbers for
people that have reached that age.

Is there a special branch of mathematics to reconcile that?

I posted this to a math group and didn't even get a chuckle.

Mikek

I betcha a quarter they all vote democrat too ...

Really Snag? You just had to post a political insult? And you who
complains so much about non-political posts?
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"amdx" wrote in message
There are 35 people in the whole world that have reached the age of 112
years.

The States has 6,500,000 'active' Social Security numbers for
people that have reached that age.

Is there a special branch of mathematics to reconcile that?

It's not a math problem. The problem is inventory control,
FILO. Solution is simple RFID the inventory and get rid
of the dead inventory.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It is called NEW MATH. Remember our kids took it and it messes
up the mind.

SS is an interesting group. Hard on some and flaky on others.

I suspect Husband dies and wife can't live on her tiny amount -
keeps Husband coming in. Wife dies. No one tells anyone.
Now granddaughter has control of bank accounts - both auto deposit and
can't believe her eyes. Think she will tell ? She is a millionaire
once obtaining their assets. Enjoys life - Grandpa and Grandma are
still aging...

Martin

On 3/16/2015 3:06 PM, amdx wrote:
There are 35 people in the whole world that have reached the age of
112 years.

The States has 6,500,000 'active' Social Security numbers for
people that have reached that age.

Is there a special branch of mathematics to reconcile that?

I posted this to a math group and didn't even get a chuckle.

Mikek

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/16/2015 10:18 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
It is called NEW MATH. Remember our kids took it and it messes
up the mind.

SS is an interesting group. Hard on some and flaky on others.

I suspect Husband dies and wife can't live on her tiny amount -
keeps Husband coming in. Wife dies. No one tells anyone.
Now granddaughter has control of bank accounts - both auto deposit and
can't believe her eyes. Think she will tell ? She is a millionaire
once obtaining their assets. Enjoys life - Grandpa and Grandma are
still aging...

No, it is mostly illegals, using the numbers so they can work. When
they retire, they SS# will say the are 147 years old, and been paying
FICA for 127 years.
And I'm sure they will be paid.
Mikek

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message
It is called NEW MATH. Remember our kids took it and it messes
up the mind.

SS is an interesting group. Hard on some and flaky on others.

I suspect Husband dies and wife can't live on her tiny amount -
keeps Husband coming in. Wife dies. No one tells anyone.
Now granddaughter has control of bank accounts - both auto deposit and
can't believe her eyes. Think she will tell ? She is a millionaire
once obtaining their assets. Enjoys life - Grandpa and Grandma are still
aging...

Martin

We had several reports on the local news that children are placing
deceased parents and grandparents in freezers to keep
those social security checks rolling in. Just part of modern
finnincial planning.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/16/2015 10:42 PM, Howard Beal wrote:
[...]

Just more good reasons why government should be limited, very limited.
Mikek
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/16/2015 10:18 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
It is called NEW MATH. Remember our kids took it and it messes
up the mind.

SS is an interesting group. Hard on some and flaky on others.

I suspect Husband dies and wife can't live on her tiny amount -
keeps Husband coming in. Wife dies. No one tells anyone.
Now granddaughter has control of bank accounts - both auto deposit and
can't believe her eyes. Think she will tell ? She is a millionaire
once obtaining their assets. Enjoys life - Grandpa and Grandma are still
aging...

Martin

I dunno, Martin.

The way you said that makes it sound like a bad thing?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It Is. Fraud. And all of that. $100 Billion is the fraul level now.

It is wrong, and many just do it anyway.

SS is supposed to let the widow have the husbands if larger.
But then there are agents that .....

Martin

On 3/17/2015 4:33 PM, Richard wrote:
On 3/16/2015 10:18 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
It is called NEW MATH. Remember our kids took it and it messes
up the mind.

SS is an interesting group. Hard on some and flaky on others.

I suspect Husband dies and wife can't live on her tiny amount -
keeps Husband coming in. Wife dies. No one tells anyone.
Now granddaughter has control of bank accounts - both auto deposit and
can't believe her eyes. Think she will tell ? She is a millionaire
once obtaining their assets. Enjoys life - Grandpa and Grandma are still
aging...

Martin

I dunno, Martin.

The way you said that makes it sound like a bad thing?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:15:53 -0500, amdx
wrote:

On 3/16/2015 10:42 PM, Howard Beal wrote:

snip
Just more good reasons why government should be limited, very limited.
Mikek

==========================
And why we can't operate the way we are.

Either we greatly reduce the economic clout of the
government, or we take steps to *MAKE* the system(s) work.

IMNSHO we have bumbled/stumbled into a situation where the
only feasible [partial] solution is a national identity card
[NIC] system for every legal resident above the age of 16.
This should also be the voter registration card, and voting
should be a requirement as it is in most other countries,
with increasing fines for not voting. There is no excuse
for not voting with absentee/early/mail ballots.

For some suggestions see
http://tinyurl.com/pn8eqe8
http://tinyurl.com/oabrjgb

As far as the cost goes, the SSA could and should do much
more such as requiring copies [or better yet machine
readable data via the internet including the ssn and dob] of
all death certificates.

A NIC system with a central data base of retinal scans would
allow yearly verification of all social security recipients
over the age of 80 as part of an ongoing tracking system.

Elimination of the 6.5 million+ "zombies" still collecting
social security [how many voted?] would more than pay for
this. Average SS check is around 1,300$/month or about
15,600$/year or at least 101+ billion$/yr in total.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 3/16/2015 10:42 PM, Howard Beal wrote:

snip
Just more good reasons why government should be limited, very limited.
Mikek

==========================

And why we can't operate the way we are.

$17 trillion dollars of debt and growing.

The debt took 8% of all taxes collected in 2014.

Under current law SS will go broke in 2032.
That's only 17 years from now, that means the law will change, more
money will come from taxpayers to prop up the system.
SS now burns 28% of all taxes collected.

These 2014 numbers would be worse, except that 2014 was record year
for tax collection.

Either we greatly reduce the economic clout of the
government, or we take steps to *MAKE* the system(s) work.

IMNSHO we have bumbled/stumbled into a situation where the
only feasible [partial] solution is a national identity card
[NIC] system for every legal resident above the age of 16.
This should also be the voter registration card, and voting
should be a requirement as it is in most other countries,
with increasing fines for not voting. There is no excuse
for not voting with absentee/early/mail ballots.

The latest news: one state has proposed, if you have a drivers license
you are automatically a registered voter.
My theory, make it all little difficult to register, if you are to
stupid to figure it out, you're to stupid help control what happens in
the country.

For some suggestions see
http://tinyurl.com/pn8eqe8
http://tinyurl.com/oabrjgb

As far as the cost goes, the SSA could and should do much
more such as requiring copies [or better yet machine
readable data via the internet including the ssn and dob] of
all death certificates.

A NIC system with a central data base of retinal scans would
allow yearly verification of all social security recipients
over the age of 80 as part of an ongoing tracking system.

Elimination of the 6.5 million+ "zombies" still collecting
social security [how many voted?] would more than pay for
this. Average SS check is around 1,300$/month or about
15,600$/year or at least 101+ billion$/yr in total.

Yes , but, that is only the fraud involving dead 112 year olds.
There is much, other fraud going on.

THIS FROM THE GRACE COMMISSION

Excerpt from the Cover Letter to the Grace Commission Report:

"Resistance to additional income taxes would be even more widespread if
people were aware that:

One-third of all their taxes is consumed by waste and inefficiency
in the Federal Government as we identified in our survey.

Another one-third of all their taxes escapes collection from others
as the underground economy blossoms in direct proportion to tax
increases and places even more pressure on law abiding taxpayers,
promoting still more underground economy -- a vicious cycle that must be
broken.

With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not
collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by
interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to
transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues
are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers
expect from their Government."

Mikek

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 21:07:38 -0500, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

It Is. Fraud. And all of that. $100 Billion is the fraul level now.

It is wrong, and many just do it anyway.

SS is supposed to let the widow have the husbands if larger.
But then there are agents that .....

But what does Congress want to do about it? Cut the program instead
of firing some losers from another unused branch of gov't and hiring
them onto SS to go after the abusers. I don't get it. I'm 180 out
from the Reps on this one.

Stop the abuse, stop giving SS and SSI to foreigners who haven't paid
into it, and revamp the medical community so they're not raping us for
simple medical care. Egad, it ain't rocket science.

Martin

On 3/17/2015 4:33 PM, Richard wrote:
On 3/16/2015 10:18 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
It is called NEW MATH. Remember our kids took it and it messes
up the mind.

SS is an interesting group. Hard on some and flaky on others.

I suspect Husband dies and wife can't live on her tiny amount -
keeps Husband coming in. Wife dies. No one tells anyone.
Now granddaughter has control of bank accounts - both auto deposit and
can't believe her eyes. Think she will tell ? She is a millionaire
once obtaining their assets. Enjoys life - Grandpa and Grandma are still
aging...

Martin

I dunno, Martin.

The way you said that makes it sound like a bad thing?

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 4:08:54 AM UTC-4, F. George McDuffee wrote:

Elimination of the 6.5 million+ "zombies" still collecting
social security [how many voted?] would more than pay for
this. Average SS check is around 1,300$/month or about
15,600$/year or at least 101+ billion$/yr in total.

--
Unka' George

You do realize that that 6.5 million aged 112 years old collecting SS benefits is a bogus number. The SSBN web site says the oldest collecting SS benefits is 109 years old.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

McDuffee wrote:

Elimination of the 6.5 million+ "zombies" still collecting
social security [how many voted?] would more than pay for
this. Average SS check is around 1,300$/month or about
15,600$/year or at least 101+ billion$/yr in total.

You do realize that that 6.5 million aged 112 years old collecting
SS benefits is a bogus number. The SSBN web site says the oldest
collecting SS benefits is 109 years old.

Yes, note, I said "The United States has 6,500,000 'active'
Social Security numbers for people that have reached that age."

Meaning people are using the numbers to get jobs or prosibly to
get benefits, and most likely paying money into SS, on a dead
persons account.

Do you have an authoritative source for that number?

That's very responsible of you Jim, to ask about reliable sourcing.

But as usual in most rightist forums like this, authority and other leading points of reference seemed to be viewed negatively and hurriedly skipped in favor of fantasy, school yard polemic, pat-on-the-back tradition and encouragement and invective.

I suspect that the people in the math related newsgroup might have wanted more of a challenge than to just have answered the original poster's question on the presented merits... hence the response (or lack thereof...)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

It Is. Fraud. And all of that. $100 Billion is the fraul level now.

It is wrong, and many just do it anyway.

SS is supposed to let the widow have the husbands if larger.
But then there are agents that .....

But what does Congress want to do about it? Cut the program instead
of firing some losers from another unused branch of gov't and hiring
them onto SS to go after the abusers. I don't get it. I'm 180 out
from the Reps on this one.

Stop the abuse, stop giving SS and SSI to foreigners who haven't paid
into it, and revamp the medical community so they're not raping us for
simple medical care. Egad, it ain't rocket science.

The next question is, what are we going to do with the illegals that
stole a SS#, paid FICA on it for 30 years and now want to draw on the
stolen number?

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that
you can never know if they're genuine.
-- Abraham Lincoln

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

McDuffee wrote:

[...]

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/flawed...111223828.html

Flawed Social Security data say 6.5M in US reach age 112 Erroneous Social Security records suggest 6.5M people reach age 112; potential for fraud

BUT... IT SAYS:
Only 13 of the people are still getting Social Security benefits, the report said.
Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic.
Do you really mean nothing to see here?
I decided to look at your link :-)
Minor details like this quote don't bother you?
"But for others, their Social Security numbers are still active,
so a number could be used to report wages, open bank accounts,
obtain credit cards or claim fraudulent tax refunds.
"That is a real problem," said Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
"When you have a fake Social Security number, that's what
allows you to fraudulently do all kinds things, claim things
like the earned income tax credit or other tax benefits."

Mikek
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I had a client who hired almost nothing but illegal aliens to operate
CNC lathes..mostly women, with a few men. Payroll was about 130 people

They would go to McArthur Park in LA and buy around 50 or so SS
numbers and then pass them out to their employees. When the letters
from Social Security came in..about every 8 months to a year
later..they would go down and buy another 50 or so numbers.

It was quite a game..and they imported over 200 illegals AND their
families. That was 10-12 yrs ago..and I occasionally will run across
one or more of those illegals working in other machine shops in So
Cal. That was one..one example of thousands here on So Cal.

Now that manufacturing is dying and the factories are closing
enmass...they are now on disability etc etc..right along with their
families and of course all the kids they spewed out are US citizens.

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:20:48 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

I had a client who hired almost nothing but illegal aliens to operate
CNC lathes..mostly women, with a few men. Payroll was about 130 people

Jayzuss...

They would go to McArthur Park in LA and buy around 50 or so SS
numbers and then pass them out to their employees. When the letters
from Social Security came in..about every 8 months to a year
later..they would go down and buy another 50 or so numbers.

It was quite a game..and they imported over 200 illegals AND their
families. That was 10-12 yrs ago..and I occasionally will run across
one or more of those illegals working in other machine shops in So
Cal. That was one..one example of thousands here on So Cal.

Now that manufacturing is dying and the factories are closing
enmass...they are now on disability etc etc..right along with their
families and of course all the kids they spewed out are US citizens.

Fookin' burns me up, it does. Did anyone drop a dime on 'em to the
SS? Did the SS respond? Y'know, if they hired even ONE ****ING
PERSON to check the entire USA for bogus enrollees, I'll bet it
wouldn't take him a full year to catch 90% of them.

So, when does the Great Cull start? tap, tap, tap

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

With luck...soon...very soon.

The problem with latinos..is that they really are hard workers for the
most part and by and large..peaceful gentle people. The problem
is...is that each and every illegal is a criminal..and damned few of
them want to be Americans. They simply come here for the dinero. I
knew a plant manager from some village in the ass end of southern
Mexico somewhere..who snuck in 30 yrs ago..got a job sweeping floors
and actually worked his way up to plant manager. When he retired..he
took his retirement in cash..went back home..BOUGHT his entire village
lock stock and torillla and now runs it as the Grandee Supreme. His
retirement was enough money to buy the village, the old masters villa,
remodel it and put money in the bank..enough that he is in
effect...king of all he surveys.

Most of the latinos that come here..only come here for the money..and
when they have it..they go home. A Large minority never learn to speak
English, never pay attention to politics unless it effects their
money/welfare etc etc. And when they live in latino communities..they
have no reason to learn English or politics. They are only here for
the money.

Some very good people..but..they will never be Americans. Their kids
on the other hand...are by and large..Americans.

Another issue with Latinos...is that a surprising number come here
after committing horrendous crimes in their country. Then they commit
crimes here..get deported..slip back in..commit more crimes...and
round robin the immigration system until they commit a crime in their
home country so bad that they are imprisoned for life, or executed..or
do the same here. They make up the #2 spot in US prisons by
population.

Shrug

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I used to fear it would. But the voters have failed to press anything
close to a RESET button, so now I await it. sigh Something has to
wake us up. I saw a great bumper sticker the other day. It said

I'm not a Democrat, I'm not
a Republican, I'm an American,
and I want my country back!

The problem with latinos..is that they really are hard workers for the
most part and by and large..peaceful gentle people. The problem
is...is that each and every illegal is a criminal..and damned few of
them want to be Americans. They simply come here for the dinero. I
knew a plant manager from some village in the ass end of southern
Mexico somewhere..who snuck in 30 yrs ago..got a job sweeping floors
and actually worked his way up to plant manager. When he retired..he
took his retirement in cash..went back home..BOUGHT his entire village
lock stock and torillla and now runs it as the Grandee Supreme. His
retirement was enough money to buy the village, the old masters villa,
remodel it and put money in the bank..enough that he is in
effect...king of all he surveys.

It's enough to make a person sick.

Most of the latinos that come here..only come here for the money..and
when they have it..they go home. A Large minority never learn to speak
English, never pay attention to politics unless it effects their
money/welfare etc etc. And when they live in latino communities..they
have no reason to learn English or politics. They are only here for
the money.

Oh, they're learning politics, and one day soon, when the Hispanic
population outnumbers the Caucasian, they will be running this
country...if they're not stopped.

Some very good people..but..they will never be Americans.

Agreed.

Their kids on the other hand...are by and large..Americans.

Which is a fatal flaw with the current laws.

Another issue with Latinos...is that a surprising number come here
after committing horrendous crimes in their country. Then they commit
crimes here..get deported..slip back in..commit more crimes...and
round robin the immigration system until they commit a crime in their
home country so bad that they are imprisoned for life, or executed..or
do the same here. They make up the #2 spot in US prisons by
population.

Shrug

And it costs Americans a million dollars just to burn a murderer off
Death Row. Nuckin' futz!

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No "cull", "great" or otherwise. No "list"; no "those who keep the
list." All bull****.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I had a client who hired almost nothing but illegal aliens to operate
CNC lathes..mostly women, with a few men. Payroll was about 130 people

snip

The problem with latinos..is that they really are hard workers for the
most part and by and large..peaceful gentle people. The problem
is...is that each and every illegal is a criminal..and damned few of
them want to be Americans.

snip

Some very good people..but..they will never be Americans. Their kids
on the other hand...are by and large..Americans.

snip
====================
Compare and contrast the lack of governmental action in this
area with furor over the Python "invasion" of the
Everglades.
http://tinyurl.com/ncv8dm9
http://tinyurl.com/l3sul96

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I had a client who hired almost nothing but illegal aliens to operate
CNC lathes..mostly women, with a few men. Payroll was about 130 people

snip

The problem with latinos..is that they really are hard workers for the
most part and by and large..peaceful gentle people. The problem
is...is that each and every illegal is a criminal..and damned few of
them want to be Americans.

snip

Some very good people..but..they will never be Americans. Their kids
on the other hand...are by and large..Americans.

snip
====================
Compare and contrast the lack of governmental action in this
area with furor over the Python "invasion" of the
Everglades.
http://tinyurl.com/ncv8dm9
http://tinyurl.com/l3sul96

Say, do you think it would be cheaper to drop those illegals in the
Everglades instead of deporting them? Call it "relocation".

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

An interesting comment. But how did the Caucasians get to be the folks
running this country? Voted into power by a majority, perhaps?

Or simply stole the whole place and now you are belaboring someone
else who might be doing the same thing ;-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

But what about the Seminoles? They were dropped into the 'glades too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ayup..we stole the whole thing from the people who stole the whole
thing before we showed up..and they stole the whole thing from the
people before that who stole the whole thing from the people before
them.....

Is there something about human history and traits that Ive missed
somewhere?

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:15:16 -0700
[...]

More along the lines of a lot of slaves escaped into the 'glades,
and joined the locals. Bit of a different situation.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 21:37:09 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

But is there enough room for both?

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Not at all, and the winners get to write the history :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Math help :-) The Medway Handyman UK diy 36 July 30th 13 11:40 PM
Do the math Steve B[_4_] Metalworking 2 March 2nd 10 08:27 AM
math help stryped[_2_] Metalworking 20 August 2nd 08 03:31 AM
Let's try to do the math Ignoramus5114 Metalworking 6 October 21st 07 07:08 AM
I need a little bit of math help. Modat22 Metalworking 11 May 4th 05 04:16 PM