Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default A little Math

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:15:53 -0500, amdx
wrote:

On 3/16/2015 10:42 PM, Howard Beal wrote:

snip
Just more good reasons why government should be limited, very limited.
Mikek

==========================
And why we can't operate the way we are.

Either we greatly reduce the economic clout of the
government, or we take steps to *MAKE* the system(s) work.

IMNSHO we have bumbled/stumbled into a situation where the
only feasible [partial] solution is a national identity card
[NIC] system for every legal resident above the age of 16.
This should also be the voter registration card, and voting
should be a requirement as it is in most other countries,
with increasing fines for not voting. There is no excuse
for not voting with absentee/early/mail ballots.

For some suggestions see
http://tinyurl.com/pn8eqe8
http://tinyurl.com/oabrjgb

As far as the cost goes, the SSA could and should do much
more such as requiring copies [or better yet machine
readable data via the internet including the ssn and dob] of
all death certificates.

A NIC system with a central data base of retinal scans would
allow yearly verification of all social security recipients
over the age of 80 as part of an ongoing tracking system.

Elimination of the 6.5 million+ "zombies" still collecting
social security [how many voted?] would more than pay for
this. Average SS check is around 1,300$/month or about
15,600$/year or at least 101+ billion$/yr in total.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"