Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Do the math

What Makes 100%?

What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?

We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%?

What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

And

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But ,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty, that while Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, its the Bull**** and Ass kissing that will put you over the top.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

[...]

The first time I saw this it was in answer to "What does your boss
really want when he asks for more than 100%?"

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
Steve B wrote:

[...]

I count on 75%. All costing and production rates are calculated on that.
Almost all jobs have a nice bonus for production over that. If the planets
are just right, an operator can almost double his/her hourly.

math help stryped[_2_] Metalworking 20 August 2nd 08 03:31 AM
Let's try to do the math Ignoramus5114 Metalworking 6 October 21st 07 07:08 AM
math and metalworking mj Metalworking 74 February 1st 06 07:08 PM
Math help please - parabola Morris Dovey Woodworking 8 July 17th 05 08:59 PM
I need a little bit of math help. Modat22 Metalworking 11 May 4th 05 04:16 PM