Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS: Grass Valley, tools and ****...

Here's some stuff for sale in a few Picasa albums;

This is big stuff, must be picked up in Grass Valley by first week of
April at the -very- latest, as I anticipate leaving for AU middle of
April. Sooner is better.
https://picasaweb.google.com/janders1957/BigStuff?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJjvp7WGrLyUjwE& feat=directlink

In addition, I have a Series I Bridgeport, VS head, readout, power feed,
no vise $3k
Millport, my old CNC, long term project to convert back to manual. New
spindle bearings, new lead screws, ways good. Two speed motor and step
pulleys, 5400 max rpm. Needs finishing off on the head for power down
feed to work, needs toothed belt for back gear (metric, won't take BP
belt) $500

Emglo 5hp 220 single phase, 80 gallon air compressor $400

Misc shop stuff:
https://picasaweb.google.com/janders1957/StuffForSale?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPLFqPXC-dim9wE&feat=directlink
with more to come...

Liner slides, stepper motors, drivers, and misc stuff for home CNC:
https://picasaweb.google.com/janders1957/CNCStuff?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCI7MjMXI9biViQE& feat=directlink

And finally, my book collection again. With a couple exceptions, Engines
of High Output and the technical encyclopedia, I am open to offers, and
the more you buy, the more likely I'll accept an offer.
Any tech books not sold by departure, I'll take with me and donate to
various clubs in the area, they won't get tossed.
https://picasaweb.google.com/janders1957/ForSale_Books?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCP7b4_7d79u CaQ&feat=directlink

Only responding to emails sent to
Sorry, but I have a tight deadline and don't have time to try and
correlate various emails and try to figure out who spoke up first.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/2/2014 2:36 PM, janders wrote:
Here's some stuff for sale in a few Picasa albums;

This is big stuff, must be picked up in Grass Valley....

For those that don't know me or where Grass Valley is, I'm about 50
miles north east of Sacramento, just off Highway 49, or due west from
Colfax.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

janders wrote:

On 3/2/2014 2:36 PM, janders wrote:
Here's some stuff for sale in a few Picasa albums;

This is big stuff, must be picked up in Grass Valley....

For those that don't know me or where Grass Valley is, I'm about 50
miles north east of Sacramento, just off Highway 49, or due west from
Colfax.

And the home of high quality video equipment for TV studios for over
40 years. AKA 'The Grass Valley Group' Sync generators, Switchers, DAs,
routers, standards converters and special effects. I first used their
equipment in '73.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/3/2014 6:36 AM, janders wrote:
[...]

Which side of Oz are you moving to?

I'm on the west coast.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/2/2014 11:56 PM, Kennedy wrote:

Which side of Oz are you moving to?

I'm on the west coast.

Cootamundra, NSW. About an hour out of Wagga, 2.5 hours to ACT.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And the home of high quality video equipment for TV studios for over
40 years. AKA 'The Grass Valley Group' Sync generators, Switchers, DAs,
routers, standards converters and special effects. I first used their
equipment in '73.

A shell of what it once was, though it spawned an impressing number of
spinoffs. Still going, though I don't recall who owns it now.

Ever see the GVG video panel on TV, where someone pulls back a lever
with tapered knobs? I used to make the knobs and lever at a past job...

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/4/2014 5:26 AM, janders wrote:
On 3/2/2014 11:56 PM, Kennedy wrote:

Which side of Oz are you moving to?

I'm on the west coast.

Cootamundra, NSW. About an hour out of Wagga, 2.5 hours to ACT.

Jon

Great. I'm sure you'll enjoy living here.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/3/2014 6:01 PM, Kennedy wrote:

Great. I'm sure you'll enjoy living here.

Thank you, I know I will! Married to my Aussie wife 5 years next month,
we'll finally be together. Was just there a month over the holidays.
Sweating and swimming while friends back home were shoveling snow!

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/4/2014 10:05 AM, janders wrote:
On 3/3/2014 6:01 PM, Kennedy wrote:

Great. I'm sure you'll enjoy living here.

Thank you, I know I will! Married to my Aussie wife 5 years next month,
we'll finally be together. Was just there a month over the holidays.
Sweating and swimming while friends back home were shoveling snow!

Jon

We've just got through the hottest February on record here in the West.
A couple of weeks of 35°C. The swimming pools has been well used.

Welcome to Australia!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

janders wrote:

And the home of high quality video equipment for TV studios for over
40 years. AKA 'The Grass Valley Group' Sync generators, Switchers, DAs,
routers, standards converters and special effects. I first used their
equipment in '73.

A shell of what it once was, though it spawned an impressing number of
spinoffs. Still going, though I don't recall who owns it now.

Ever see the GVG video panel on TV, where someone pulls back a lever
with tapered knobs? I used to make the knobs and lever at a past job...

I have a lot of Audio & Video DA modules and a half dozen card cages
with built in web servers for remote control. Some of the DAs are useful
to 270 MHz. Mostly 8900 series. This is the first GVG equipment I've
seen in almost 40 years, since leaving the US Army.

The first GVG equipment I used was RTL based dual sync generators,
with dual power supplies and automatic fail over. We also had a couple
video and pulse DAs in another marching cage.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 18:05:45 -0800, janders
wrote:

On 3/3/2014 6:01 PM, Kennedy wrote:

Great. I'm sure you'll enjoy living here.

Thank you, I know I will! Married to my Aussie wife 5 years next month,
we'll finally be together. Was just there a month over the holidays.
Sweating and swimming while friends back home were shoveling snow!

Jon

My Aussie brother-in-law grows organic garlic with some partners over
near Cooma, the other side of the ACT. He lives here in Austin, but
is over there a few months for planting and harvest every year. Nice
country, although I personally wouldn't like some of the laws, etc.

Hope it goes well.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/3/2014 9:45 PM, Kennedy wrote:

We've just got through the hottest February on record here in the West.
A couple of weeks of 35°C. The swimming pools has been well used.

Welcome to Australia!

Was there a month over the holidays, it hit 40c (105f). Was not too bad,
but it was uncommonly cool most of my stay. Ah well, at least I won't
have to shovel snow off the driveway any more!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/4/2014 8:01 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:

My Aussie brother-in-law grows organic garlic with some partners over
near Cooma, the other side of the ACT. He lives here in Austin, but
is over there a few months for planting and harvest every year. Nice
country, although I personally wouldn't like some of the laws, etc.

Yeah, it is a bit of a nanny state to Americans. But I can live with it.
Two murders in the shire in over a decade. Plenty of cricket bats laying
around the house... G
I could make more money stocking shelves at the local grocery store than
anyone up here in Nevada County would pay me for my decades of
experience. And once I get my welding papers, will be doing rather well,
working less, and finally having a life.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:31:53 -0800, janders
wrote:

On 3/4/2014 8:01 AM, Pete Keillor wrote:

My Aussie brother-in-law grows organic garlic with some partners over
near Cooma, the other side of the ACT. He lives here in Austin, but
is over there a few months for planting and harvest every year. Nice
country, although I personally wouldn't like some of the laws, etc.

Yeah, it is a bit of a nanny state to Americans. But I can live with it.
Two murders in the shire in over a decade. Plenty of cricket bats laying
around the house... G

Don't be concerned just with murders, but also with robberies,
burglaries, muggings, theft, and rape. That has gone up since they
pretty much outlawed gun ownership. sigh

I could make more money stocking shelves at the local grocery store than
anyone up here in Nevada County would pay me for my decades of
experience. And once I get my welding papers, will be doing rather well,
working less, and finally having a life.

Cool! More power to ya, sir.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/4/2014 10:55 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Don't be concerned just with murders, but also with robberies,
burglaries, muggings, theft, and rape. That has gone up since they
pretty much outlawed gun ownership.sigh

Coota is not crime free, but it's a small town. There surely are
problems in the bigger cities, but out in the country, things are
generally much more secure. But...

Been working in my garage 16 years now. Have several tool and regular
cabinets I've acquired over the years with no locks, or no keys. Just
ordered lock sets from McMaster to match up all my Kennedy boxes with
the same key, all three cabinets, and took the lock out of my Lista
cabinet to get the key # and order a couple. I'll also have a networked
camera in the shop. A Hunstman so much as farts, and it'll upload
pictures to my email. With photos of perps, tracking them down would be
relatively easy. One thing kinda nice there, there are NSW police,
period. Some focus on highways, others are stationed in towns. But an
alert goes out, -everyone- in the area gets it at the same time.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 14:25:03 -0800, janders
wrote:

[...]

That's good and efficient.

--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before
which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
-- John Quincy Adams
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, March 3, 2014 12:36:35 AM UTC+2, janders wrote:
[...]

Now you could get all in one from Hello World Magazine. The Hello World Magazine is a free online magazine which deals with fashion, beauty, homemade craft, recipe, entertainment, study, traveling and much more only for you. It would change your lifestyle. http://www.helloworldmagazine.com