Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default For The Survivalists... Apocalyptic Can Opener

All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge. But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as advertised.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Theoretical speculations
Biased interpretations
Bogus evaluations
Are all eliminated by experimentation

Theoretical speculations

Biased interpretations

Bogus evaluations

Are all eliminated by experimentation

Opps Sorry. It would help if I actually sent the forward, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y#t=166
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ahnd ges vat! Caht gonna survive tu.

LOL

---

Theoretical speculations

Biased interpretations

Bogus evaluations

Are all eliminated by experimentation

Thanks for posting "metalworking content" that Mark Wieber's clique of idiots can actually do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"BottleBob" wrote in message
All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.
But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:44:48 -0800, "azotic"
wrote:

"BottleBob" wrote in message
All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.
But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

'Splain your acronym, please, Tom.

And I have a P-51 on my keychain, JIC. I like it better than the tiny
P-38 they used in WWII, y'know, for my large and manly hands.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

'Splain your acronym, please, Tom.

How did you miss a movie like that one? It's a classic.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

'Splain your acronym, please, Tom.

How did you miss a movie like that one? It's a classic.

I forgot the link too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.H.U.D.

Theoretical speculations

Biased interpretations

Bogus evaluations

Are all eliminated by experimentation

Opps Sorry. It would help if I actually sent the forward, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y#t=166

You have a lot of time to waste, don't you. Retired?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

"BottleBob" wrote in message
All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.
But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

'Splain your acronym, please, Tom.

And I have a P-51 on my keychain, JIC. I like it better than the tiny
P-38 they used in WWII, y'know, for my large and manly hands.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein

It means Canibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller.

Best Regards
Tom.
--
http://fija.org/

Theoretical speculations

Biased interpretations

Bogus evaluations

Are all eliminated by experimentation

Opps Sorry. It would help if I actually sent the forward, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y#t=166

You have a lot of time to waste, don't you. Retired?

--

Cheers,

It's important to remember that with someone as talented as Bottlebob there is always something cooking.

Bottlebob formally worked for Gus Fring until his unexpected passing. He also spent time working for Vamonos Pest Control. Bottlebob is now a very busy consultant to Madrigal Electromotive GmbH as he has taken over all the responsibilities formally held by Lydia Rodarte-Quayle who recently passed away.

https://www.facebook.com/MadrigalElectromotive

"It is with great sadness that we say our goodbye to Senior Account Executive Lydia Rodarte-Quayle. In her career with Madrigal Electromotive GmbH Ms. Quayle used her international expertise and multilingual skills to expand our business network. She was instrumental in expanding the transportation network between the Southwestern United States and the former Eastern Bloc nations. Due to her diligent work the Houston office expanded by 200% during her tenure.

Unfortunately she contracted a virus believed to be H1N1 and passed away on Sunday September, 29th. She leaves a daughter, Kiira along with her favorite cat, Ozyman."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:20:21 PM UTC-8, John B. wrote:

Opps Sorry. It would help if I actually sent the forward, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y#t=166

You have a lot of time to waste, don't you. Retired?

John B:

Waste?? But, but, it's METALWORKING related. Isn't it?

Your supposition is absolutely correct, retired it is.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

The purpose of life, you see
Is only to increase entropy
Everything we are or become
Only speeds the FINAL equilibrium

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"BottleBob" wrote in message
All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.
But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

'Splain your acronym, please, Tom.

And I have a P-51 on my keychain, JIC. I like it better than the tiny
P-38 they used in WWII, y'know, for my large and manly hands.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein

It means Canibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller.

cringe Oh, yes, I remember that movie. C horror.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:38:25 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
It's important to remember that with someone as talented as Bottlebob
there is always something cooking.

Jon:

Nice double entendre there, with the use of the word "cooking". But any pharmaceutical cooking was done in a former life.

Although I have recently been interested in retaining brain plasticity. And to that end have been playing with a Rubik's cube for some weeks. I've narrowed it down to having to memorize just 6 algorithms. Which enables the cube to be routinely solved in ~4 minutes. Not contest winning time, but adequate for the average aging baby boomer.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Experience sustains
Our thinking brains
Life's pain
Is wisdom's gain
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"BottleBob" wrote in message

(I) have been playing with a Rubik's cube for some weeks.
I've narrowed it down to having to memorize just 6 algorithms.
Which enables the cube to be routinely solved in ~4 minutes.

The ability to solve the same exact problem over and over again does not
seem a particularily valuable skill set to me regardless of the actual time
it takes but hey if it helps pass the time for you then so be it.

Thinking you ought to take a road trip...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:44:04 PM UTC-8, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"BottleBob" wrote in message

(I) have been playing with a Rubik's cube for some weeks.
I've narrowed it down to having to memorize just 6 algorithms.
Which enables the cube to be routinely solved in ~4 minutes.

The ability to solve the same exact problem over and over again does not
seem a particularily valuable skill set to me regardless of the actual time
it takes but hey if it helps pass the time for you then so be it.

PM:

Correctomundo. I've alternated different algorithms to cut the solving time down. But now that it's pretty much standardized, it's lost it's appeal. I haven't even touched a Rubik's in like 3 days.

Thinking you ought to take a road trip...

To the land of ice & snow??? I wonder what tire chains would do to fiberglass.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Do we perceive what really exists
Or merely project our own inner myths
Is reality seen in the truth of vision
Or just the walls of your internal prison
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PCS PCS is offline

On Friday, November 15, 2013 1:14:36 AM UTC-5, BottleBob wrote:

Although I have recently been interested in retaining brain plasticity. And to that end have been playing with a Rubik's cube for some weeks. I've narrowed it down to having to memorize just 6 algorithms. Which enables the cube to be routinely solved in ~4 minutes. Not contest winning time, but adequate for the average aging baby boomer.

Say BB,

Still using that chin-up bar from Kris?

Do you know what the heck ever happened to him?

--
PaulS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, November 15, 2013 5:50:05 AM UTC-8, PCS wrote:

Say BB,

Still using that chin-up bar from Kris?

Paul:

Why, yes I am. Got up to 44 Dips in one set yesterday with the Dip bar attachment. Plus cranked out 480 V's (sort of arm assisted deep knee bends off the bar), for cardio. Managed 20 Chinups on the first set the day before. So his Holobarre is getting plenty of use over here.

Do you know what the heck ever happened to him?

We had a little spat a couple of months ago, and shortly thereafter he seems to have withdrawn from all public contact.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Bogus opinions abound
Some even astound
Other's appear unsound
Our own seem profound
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/14/2013 4:09 PM, BottleBob wrote:
All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge. But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as advertised.

Boy, you must have great eyes!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, November 15, 2013 7:20:38 AM UTC-8, BottleBob wrote:

"We had a little spat a couple of months ago, and shortly thereafter he seems to have withdrawn from all public contact."

You feeling guilty, Heisenberg?

I had a "little spat" with him for like a decade and it didn't effect him. You have a little spat and with him and now he's gone?

Perhaps it's time to stop using the control tactics you're so well known for. You know, like the one's you tried to use on Pinkman. :)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, November 15, 2013 8:45:19 AM UTC-8, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 11/14/2013 4:09 PM, BottleBob wrote:

All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.

But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

Boy, you must have great eyes!

Tom:

I don't understand your reference, could you elaborate please?

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

The older you get
The more you suspect
Ideas long set
Are just all wet
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, November 15, 2013 9:33:40 AM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:
On Friday, November 15, 2013 7:20:38 AM UTC-8, BottleBob wrote:

"We had a little spat a couple of months ago, and shortly thereafter he
seems to have withdrawn from all public contact."

You feeling guilty, Heisenberg?

Jon:

Possibly, I'm not sure what I'm feeling... other than I miss chatting with him. We had been discussing everything under the sun in E-mail for like YEARS.

I had a "little spat" with him for like a decade and it didn't effect
him. You have a little spat and with him and now he's gone?

I'm not positive now what this last dustup was about. It may even have been totally unrelated to his decision to stop posting to newsgroups.

Perhaps it's time to stop using the control tactics you're so well known
for. You know, like the one's you tried to use on Pinkman. :)

You allude to the use of "control tactics"... I'm not sure what you mean. Is outlining an alternate viewpoint using control tactics?

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Experience sustains
Our thinking brains
Life's pain
Is wisdom's gain
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, November 15, 2013 10:52:52 AM UTC-8, BottleBob wrote:

"Possibly, I'm not sure what I'm feeling... other than I miss chatting with him. We had been discussing everything under the sun in E-mail for like YEARS."

Why don't you pick up the phone and call him? If you don't make the effort that's on you and shows you can't handle rejection. Are you too afraid to tell him how much you miss him and how much you need the communication with him?

Don't be such a ****ing pussy, Walter... I feel like Mike Ehrmantraut talking to you. :)For me that show was never about crystal blue persuasion. You struggle so hard with that and I get sick pleasure out of knowing how much you do.

If Kris rejects your offering, that's on him. At that point you should be able to allow yourself to take comfort from knowing that you made the offer and he rejected your offer which says more about him than it does about you.. You can be at peace with your ugly, balding, obstinate, less than open but in good physical shape, self. :)

"I'm not positive now what this last dustup was about. It may even have been totally unrelated to his decision to stop posting to newsgroups."

My guess is that it's totally unrelated but it's certainly my preference to try and blame you and make you feel guilty for as long as possible. :P

"Is outlining an alternate viewpoint using control tactics?"

A better alternative to Gibbscam is Featurecam. Process based programming, like Gibbscam is, isn't as fast a Feature based programming is and never will be. Have you ever been open to trying alternatives like Featurcam... **** no. Have you ever been open to CAM automation... **** no. You claimed it was easier to enter tool info, etc. every ****ing time you created a part program. It isn't and neither is all the repetitive **** you have to do in Process based CAM programming. You could never wrap your head around their being something very wrong with having to do repetitive and monotonous bull**** in CADCAM or that it equals really bad CADCAM program design.

There is a big price to pay for just accepting and making the best of what you have... your brain dies, you lose the ability to see what the big picture should be and your creativity suffers. You're not alone. If fact you're in very good company.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, November 15, 2013 11:52:12 AM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:

Why don't you pick up the phone and call him? If you don't make the
effort that's on you and shows you can't handle rejection. Are you too
afraid to tell him how much you miss him and how much you need the
communication with him?

Jon:

OK, I took your advice and just now E-mailed him an apology, and told him how I feel.

"I'm not positive now what this last dustup was about. It may even have
been totally unrelated to his decision to stop posting to newsgroups."

My guess is that it's totally unrelated but it's certainly my preference
to try and blame you and make you feel guilty for as long as possible. :P

Well, I hope I've at least shortened the timeframe of THAT.

I'll respond to the CAD/CAM issues in another post. I'm in the middle of my Pushups sets. LOL

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

What is truth?
Are we the sleuth
To trap this prey
Or fooling ourselves
With our naiveté

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, November 15, 2013 12:53:17 PM UTC-8, BottleBob wrote:

"OK, I took your advice and just now E-mailed him an apology, and told him how I feel."

I've read his posts for years. He has a kind heart, he cares and he forgives just about anyone with time. Perhaps after years and years you finally stated to annoy him. You have that effect on me after only a few emails or a few minutes on the phone.

"I'm in the middle of my Pushups sets. LOL "

Don't forget the Richard Simmons sweating to the oldies workout. Remember you have old ****s with no life you need to show who is boss to at the next geriatric Olympics.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/15/2013 1:26 PM, BottleBob wrote:
On Friday, November 15, 2013 8:45:19 AM UTC-8, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 11/14/2013 4:09 PM, BottleBob wrote:

All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.

But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

Boy, you must have great eyes!

Tom:

I don't understand your reference, could you elaborate please?

To do all that tiny,tiny stuff, you must see good!

Theoretical speculations

Biased interpretations

Bogus evaluations

Are all eliminated by experimentation

Opps Sorry. It would help if I actually sent the forward, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y#t=166

Yes, it does work. Asphalt works quicker btw. Or an old rough
sidewalk

Its a good $20 bet winner btw.

Gunner

--
Liberals want everyone to think like them.
Conservatives want everyone to think.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"BottleBob" wrote in message
All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.
But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

'Splain your acronym, please, Tom.

And I have a P-51 on my keychain, JIC. I like it better than the tiny
P-38 they used in WWII, y'know, for my large and manly hands.

Thats standard equpment for any survivalist, plus a couple in the
glove box, one in the wallet, one sewed to the inside of ones belt etc
etc

Sharpen the corner into a screw driver shape..it will get some screws
tight/loose. Sharpen the other corner into a blade..it will skin a
rabbit. Messy...but it works

Also micro multitools that hang nicely on ones keychain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiICjsi4G7U

I carry the Leatherman Micra and have standardized on them on all the
keychains here on the homestead. They simply work Good. Even the
tweezers.

http://www.leatherman.com/20.html

Gunner

--
Liberals want everyone to think like them.
Conservatives want everyone to think.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Sharpen the corner into a screw driver shape..it will get some
screws
tight/loose. Sharpen the other corner into a blade..it will skin a
rabbit. Messy...but it works

Gunner

I've carried a $5 copy of the Swiss Army Knife for decades:
http://swiss-army-military-knife.all...ion_1099rs.jpg
The small screwdriver on the tip of the can opener works on #2
Phillips if they aren't too tight. The tapered point is a drill bit
that makes starting holes for wood screws. Sulphuric acid doesn't
attack the stainless steel flat blade after it pops the vent caps off
a battery.

The can opener may be slower than the video showed but the knife is
easier to carry than a chunk of concrete.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/16/2013 5:35 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y#t=166

Yes, it does work. Asphalt works quicker btw. Or an old rough
sidewalk

Its a good $20 bet winner btw.

Gunner

There seems to be a cut in the video from where the concrete rubbing
starts to where he's ready to squeeze the can. How long would it take
for a small can like he shows?

I'm sure it would take quite a while for that ammo can! If I were using
a lot of the Russian spam can ammo in the field, I think I'd carry an
extra key.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PCS PCS is offline

On Friday, November 15, 2013 10:20:38 AM UTC-5, BottleBob wrote:
On Friday, November 15, 2013 5:50:05 AM UTC-8, PCS wrote:

Say BB,

Still using that chin-up bar from Kris?

Paul:

Why, yes I am. Got up to 44 Dips in one set yesterday with the Dip bar attachment. Plus cranked out 480 V's (sort of arm assisted deep knee bends off the bar), for cardio. Managed 20 Chinups on the first set the day before. So his Holobarre is getting plenty of use over here.

Do you know what the heck ever happened to him?

We had a little spat a couple of months ago, and shortly thereafter he seems to have withdrawn from all public contact.

Thanks for the reply Bob.

Not just all idle curiosity on my part.

I too used to correspond with him on a semi-regular basis.
That was until he went over the edge, IMO, with some pretty insane jihads on AMC.

I stopped communicating in disgust at what seemed to be a huge waste of time and talent.

He did earn some renewed respect when he seemed to be getting his act together and making a real go at his "folly". That was last March when he announced he'd bought that big-assed Haas router.

I was however genuinely worried after he shoehorned that GR510 into his basement. I didn't think he knew how far in over his head he was getting with that. At the time I thought he must be taking his business advice from BottleBob ;-).

So anyway, here's hoping he's just busy in his basement, sloshing about in his bunny slippers, and having a ball.

Somehow though I doubt it.
He never had that kind of luck.

--
PaulS

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 11/16/2013 5:35 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

There seems to be a cut in the video from where the concrete rubbing
starts to where he's ready to squeeze the can. How long would it
take for a small can like he shows?

David

You could have tried this yourself, you know.

After about a minute and a half the sound pitch changed as the can
lost vacuum (and sucked in grit). Once the first spot has rubbed
through the lid can be pried off, less dramatically and messily than
squeezing it.

The rubbing scars and stains the concrete with food liquid, so
practice this on an old spare sun-sterilized cement block as I did
instead of your front steps.

I rinsed off the Hormel ham inside and am boiling it thoroughly to
kill any Tetanus germs etc.

Yes it works, but if I was that desperate I'd open cans the right way
with a bayonet.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"BottleBob" wrote in message

All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.
But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Since can openers aren't cheap, we bought a tractor and tie a rope with a
loop on the end. When it's time to cook, we take the canned goods outside,
put them in the rope loop, the wife stands on the can while I drive the
tractor. With the force and weight, it doesn't take long to open the can.

Just kidding!

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"BottleBob" wrote in message
All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.
But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

'Splain your acronym, please, Tom.

And I have a P-51 on my keychain, JIC. I like it better than the tiny
P-38 they used in WWII, y'know, for my large and manly hands.

Thats standard equpment for any survivalist, plus a couple in the
glove box, one in the wallet, one sewed to the inside of ones belt etc
etc

I see dozens of P-38s to every P-51. If you're weakened, the larger
tool will be that much easier to use to restore your strength by
opening that can of wholesome sustenance. burp

Sharpen the corner into a screw driver shape..it will get some screws
tight/loose. Sharpen the other corner into a blade..it will skin a
rabbit. Messy...but it works

Also micro multitools that hang nicely on ones keychain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiICjsi4G7U

My poor legs are already abused from the crap I carry in my pockets.
No more tools, please!

I carry the Leatherman Micra and have standardized on them on all the
keychains here on the homestead. They simply work Good. Even the
tweezers.

http://www.leatherman.com/20.html

I keep my (almost unused) Leatherman in the BOB nowadays. But the tool
I just replaced (wore out my last one after only 30+ years) is a pair
of 6" needle nosed ViseGrips. I have one pair in the truck and one in
my BOB, and I don't think I've ever owned a more versatile tool. Also
in my BOB is a Coleman micro, but I doubt I could rely on it as much.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Q For The Survivalists... Apocalyptic Can Opener

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 07:33:56 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .

Sharpen the corner into a screw driver shape..it will get some
screws
tight/loose. Sharpen the other corner into a blade..it will skin a
rabbit. Messy...but it works

Gunner

I've carried a $5 copy of the Swiss Army Knife for decades:
http://swiss-army-military-knife.all...ion_1099rs.jpg

I've kept a little Swiss knife in my pocket for several decades. I
think I'm on my 4th one now, with 3 others lost. The most bang for the
buck comes in a small package. Knife, screwdriver, scissors, nail
file, toothpick, and tweezers. Victorinox Classic SD. Smaller than my
little finger, yet strong enough to gut someone--in a self-defense
role.

http://tinyurl.com/mgbgwx3
$11.97 Amazon Prime right now. These are excellent little knives!

I never liked the heavy, bulky, hard-to-use Swiss Army Knives, never
having found any tool on one to be excellent. At best, the tools were
always just usable.

The small screwdriver on the tip of the can opener works on #2
Phillips if they aren't too tight. The tapered point is a drill bit
that makes starting holes for wood screws. Sulphuric acid doesn't
attack the stainless steel flat blade after it pops the vent caps off
a battery.

I suppose that could always be a consideration.

The can opener may be slower than the video showed but the knife is
easier to carry than a chunk of concrete.

Much! g

Question: Does anyone at all ever use a bottle opener nowadays? I
haven't needed one in at least 3 decades now. Why are they always in
the marketing people's minds, with everything under the sun being made
with a _twist-off_ cap? The only thing I can find online now which
requires one is the self-crimped beer bottle for micro brewers, and
I've been away from alcohol for 28 years now.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"BottleBob" wrote in message
[...]

Indeed. And its simply easier for the old farts like me to use.

Sharpen the corner into a screw driver shape..it will get some screws
tight/loose. Sharpen the other corner into a blade..it will skin a
rabbit. Messy...but it works

Also micro multitools that hang nicely on ones keychain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiICjsi4G7U

My poor legs are already abused from the crap I carry in my pockets.
No more tools, please!

? What..you carry Stuff in your pockets? Whatever for?? Other than
your wallet and a couple pocket knives and maybe a lighter..everything
else should go in pouches. It simply looks like an extra cell phone
case if done right.

I carry the Leatherman Micra and have standardized on them on all the
keychains here on the homestead. They simply work Good. Even the
tweezers.

http://www.leatherman.com/20.html

I keep my (almost unused) Leatherman in the BOB nowadays. But the tool
I just replaced (wore out my last one after only 30+ years) is a pair
of 6" needle nosed ViseGrips. I have one pair in the truck and one in
my BOB, and I don't think I've ever owned a more versatile tool. Also
in my BOB is a Coleman micro, but I doubt I could rely on it as much.

Anything with a Coleman lable on it...with the possible exception of
lanterns....is suspect...very suspect.

Gunner

--
Liberals want everyone to think like them.
Conservatives want everyone to think.

---

Theoretical speculations

Biased interpretations

Bogus evaluations

Are all eliminated by experimentation

Opps Sorry. It would help if I actually sent the forward, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y#t=166

Yes, it does work. Asphalt works quicker btw. Or an old rough
sidewalk

Its a good $20 bet winner btw.

No doubt. I'm not sure I like the thought of metal and concrete
particles in my meal, though. People and animals have likely spat and
shat on the surfaces in question, too. Yum! I believe I'll stick to
my P-51 as long as possible, saving that for truly hard times.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein

Theoretical speculations

Biased interpretations

Bogus evaluations

Are all eliminated by experimentation

Opps Sorry. It would help if I actually sent the forward, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y#t=166

Yes, it does work. Asphalt works quicker btw. Or an old rough
sidewalk

Its a good $20 bet winner btw.

No doubt. I'm not sure I like the thought of metal and concrete
particles in my meal, though. People and animals have likely spat and
shat on the surfaces in question, too. Yum! I believe I'll stick to
my P-51 as long as possible, saving that for truly hard times.

If you notice in the video..they werent even leaking juice. The whole
idea is to shear away the top of the can...and then when its
upright..to fatigue the tiny remaining joint and break it. So there
wont be any dirt etc etc in the can unless you push it and grind off
the top of the can and it spluges onto the concrete.

Damn..you guys have never been hungry before have you? There have been
times in my life when eating out of a dumpster behind a restaurant was
heaven.

If I ever get to that point again..Ill not blink an eye when dumpster
diving.

Gunner

--
Liberals want everyone to think like them.
Conservatives want everyone to think.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

If you notice in the video..they werent even leaking juice. The
whole
idea is to shear away the top of the can...and then when its
upright..to fatigue the tiny remaining joint and break it. So there
wont be any dirt etc etc in the can unless you push it and grind off
the top of the can and it spluges onto the concrete.

Having just opened a can on a cement block myself I'd like you to test
your idea personally and tell us if you could control the operation
that closely.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:58:58 -0800

Damn..you guys have never been hungry before have you? There have been
times in my life when eating out of a dumpster behind a restaurant was
heaven.

If I ever get to that point again..Ill not blink an eye when dumpster
diving.

That which does not kill you, may make you wish you could die. B-)

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich

Rolling Stone Bed-wetter Matt Taibbi: "Apocalyptic GOP Is Dragging Us Into a Civil War" F. George McDuffee Metalworking 3 September 13th 11 08:38 AM
ZEP drain opener Stan Brown Home Ownership 1 October 13th 10 01:35 PM
Garage door opener [email protected] Home Repair 17 January 15th 06 09:14 AM
Opener for paul g.a.miller Home Repair 0 January 15th 06 08:10 AM
Door opener Don Home Repair 3 November 24th 05 04:49 AM