Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default For The Survivalists... Apocalyptic Can Opener

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 03:48:50 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:59:20 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:44:48 -0800, "azotic"
wrote:

"BottleBob" wrote in message
All:

I apologize if this has been posted before, or is common knowledge.
But I just got this forward and thought I'd pass it along. I'm sure
someone will actually try this and let us know if it really works as
advertised.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

C.H.U.D.S. Don't need no stinken can opener.

'Splain your acronym, please, Tom.

And I have a P-51 on my keychain, JIC. I like it better than the tiny
P-38 they used in WWII, y'know, for my large and manly hands.

Thats standard equpment for any survivalist, plus a couple in the
glove box, one in the wallet, one sewed to the inside of ones belt etc
etc

I see dozens of P-38s to every P-51. If you're weakened, the larger
tool will be that much easier to use to restore your strength by
opening that can of wholesome sustenance. burp

Sharpen the corner into a screw driver shape..it will get some screws
tight/loose. Sharpen the other corner into a blade..it will skin a
rabbit. Messy...but it works

Also micro multitools that hang nicely on ones keychain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiICjsi4G7U

My poor legs are already abused from the crap I carry in my pockets.
No more tools, please!

I carry the Leatherman Micra and have standardized on them on all the
keychains here on the homestead. They simply work Good. Even the
tweezers.

http://www.leatherman.com/20.html

I keep my (almost unused) Leatherman in the BOB nowadays. But the tool
I just replaced (wore out my last one after only 30+ years) is a pair
of 6" needle nosed ViseGrips. I have one pair in the truck and one in
my BOB, and I don't think I've ever owned a more versatile tool. Also
in my BOB is a Coleman micro, but I doubt I could rely on it as much.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein