Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT agent problem

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl, in the top menu, select Window and Window Layout. You can
probably handle it from there.

mumble,mumble Damned kids, anyway... mumble,mumble

--
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and
the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish
and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but
never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real,
it is possible, it is yours.
-- Ayn Rand
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl, in the top menu, select Window and Window Layout. You can
probably handle it from there.

mumble,mumble Damned kids, anyway... mumble,mumble

In 1.93...thats under Options.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl, in the top menu, select Window and Window Layout. You can
probably handle it from there.

mumble,mumble Damned kids, anyway... mumble,mumble

yea, I tried all other in there. No joy.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl, in the top menu, select Window and Window Layout. You can
probably handle it from there.

mumble,mumble Damned kids, anyway... mumble,mumble

In 1.93...thats under Options.

Gunner

I'm thinking it must be under options, SOMEWHERE. I just looked around
again, can't find it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl, in the top menu, select Window and Window Layout. You can
probably handle it from there.

mumble,mumble Damned kids, anyway... mumble,mumble

yea, I tried all other in there. No joy.

Karl

What version, Karl? Maybe you said and I missed it. Under 6 it's
Window - Window Layout. Or you might want Set Initial Layout.

Pete
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl, in the top menu, select Window and Window Layout. You can
probably handle it from there.

mumble,mumble Damned kids, anyway... mumble,mumble

yea, I tried all other in there. No joy.

OK, maybe he maximized a pane so it covers the others. In the top
right of every window (or pane), there are the _ (minimize), box
(maximize), and X (close) buttons. In Agent, those show only the
currently selected size. He likely hit the one for the message pane.
Play with those and I'll bet you have luck.

--
Stain and poly are their own punishment.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I'll bet he has a pane maximized. When it is so, it looks like
multiple boxes in the upper right corner. (just checked in 6)
That one caught me up for several days once, too.

--
Stain and poly are their own punishment.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl, in the top menu, select Window and Window Layout. You can
probably handle it from there.

mumble,mumble Damned kids, anyway... mumble,mumble

In 1.93...thats under Options.

Gunner

I'm thinking it must be under options, SOMEWHERE. I just looked around
again, can't find it.

So you have that little square dealy or dark diagnal up in the corner
of the main screen? Thats a minimize/maximize icon..for the view
panels.

you can go to Help/contents/ and then look in the index for how to
change screen types

In 1.93..its called Window Layout.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My young nephew was sitting on my lap a week back while I was surfing
RCM... He clicked something somewhere and I no longer have the three
panes with folders, message list and the message body on the bottom.

Instead i have three tabs: folders, message list, message, and have to
click the tab I want. Tis a PITA to click the message list. select the
message and then change windows.

Danged if i can figure how to change it back. I just re-installed
agent, no joy, it knows these settings now.

ideas?

Karl, in the top menu, select Window and Window Layout. You can
probably handle it from there.

mumble,mumble Damned kids, anyway... mumble,mumble

In 1.93...thats under Options.

Gunner

I'm thinking it must be under options, SOMEWHERE. I just looked around
again, can't find it.

Did my first post get lost? Press the Z key.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

BINGO

there's a square right under the X in the upper right corner, just
click that

thanks

karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

this works too, thanks

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Hell, Ned. I thought that last post was you bored and _sleeping_.

Z is the Zoom key, or so it says. Ah, so!

--
Stain and poly are their own punishment.

Free Agent? Richard[_9_] Metalworking 33 February 2nd 12 07:11 AM
Dishwasher Rinse Agent Or Drying Agent ? Robert11[_2_] Home Repair 3 August 23rd 09 09:22 PM
Agent 3.0 released Scott S. Logan Metalworking 0 August 3rd 05 11:12 PM
Please help with Agent Eric R Snow Metalworking 15 August 28th 04 06:48 PM
Help please with Agent and DSL Eric R Snow Metalworking 4 July 20th 03 12:54 AM