Eric R Snow

Default Help please with Agent and DSL

To all you Agent users:
I just got DSL last friday. I am using full Agent. Since changing I
can recieve e-mail and download messages from newsgroups but can't
post. I am sending this message from home with a dial up connection. I
followed the directions in the help file to get Agent to work with
DSL.

Brian Lawson

Hey Eric,

Let me just say that it CAN be done. It was what I used for the last
3 years until recently. By the way, upgrades for full Agent are free
as a download. Anyway, I had to call my ISP tech department to get
rid of the DSL files that interfered when I went the other way from
DSL back to 56K.

So give them a try. And the best part is you can work with the
computer on-line while still talking to the techs at the same time.

Take care. Good Luck.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:18:19 GMT, tesnow@whidbeyDOTcom (Eric R Snow)
wrote:

To all you Agent users:
I just got DSL last friday. I am using full Agent. Since changing I
can recieve e-mail and download messages from newsgroups but can't
post. I am sending this message from home with a dial up connection. I
followed the directions in the help file to get Agent to work with
DSL.

Mark Rand

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:18:19 GMT, tesnow@whidbeyDOTcom (Eric R Snow) wrote:

To all you Agent users:
I just got DSL last friday. I am using full Agent. Since changing I
can recieve e-mail and download messages from newsgroups but can't
post. I am sending this message from home with a dial up connection. I
followed the directions in the help file to get Agent to work with
DSL.

Should you be using a different news server? Many ISPs control posting (and
often reading) access to their news servers by IP address to limit
free-loaders and possible liability.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Thomas Kendrick

Eric,
I agree with Mark regarding the news server. My ISP limits my
direct access to news such that I can only access it through my
connection with them, i.e. it's not portable.
Could you be more specific regarding "can't post"? What does it do?
Is there an error message placed in the Agent error log? If there is,
then send the message to your ISP and let them help fix it.
It could be that your direct news access (non-Google) is somehow
restricted to ONLY your dial-up.
Good luck.

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:57:49 +0100, Mark Rand
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:18:19 GMT, tesnow@whidbeyDOTcom (Eric R Snow) wrote:

To all you Agent users:
I just got DSL last friday. I am using full Agent. Since changing I
can recieve e-mail and download messages from newsgroups but can't
post. I am sending this message from home with a dial up connection. I
followed the directions in the help file to get Agent to work with
DSL.

Should you be using a different news server? Many ISPs control posting (and
often reading) access to their news servers by IP address to limit
free-loaders and possible liability.

Mark Rand
RTFM

Eric R Snow

wrote:

To all you Agent users:
I just got DSL last friday. I am using full Agent. Since changing I
can recieve e-mail and download messages from newsgroups but can't
post. I am sending this message from home with a dial up connection. I
followed the directions in the help file to get Agent to work with
DSL.

I don't know how this message got posted again but it was originally
posted about 3 weeks ago. Though I can post to newsgroups I still
haven't figgered out the mail part. Been using uotlook to send
messages. Mebbe tomorrow I'll try again.
Thanks,
Eric