Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher Rinse Agent Or Drying Agent ?

Hello,

Just got a new Dishwasher.
Came with a small botle of Jet Dry; the Rinse liquid.

Saw in the store today, that Jet Dry also has a bottle of Drying Liquid.
This bottle also says that a Rinse Agent is not needed with it.

Sure is confusing.

Which do I want to put into my machine's rinse dispenser ?
Why ?

What are the differences between the two ?
What do you folks use ?

Thanks,
B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Just got a new Dishwasher.
Came with a small botle of Jet Dry; the Rinse liquid.

Saw in the store today, that Jet Dry also has a bottle of Drying Liquid.
This bottle also says that a Rinse Agent is not needed with it.

Sure is confusing.

Which do I want to put into my machine's rinse dispenser ?
Why ?

What are the differences between the two ?
What do you folks use ?

Thanks,
B.

The drying liquid is for when you don't use the powered dry cycle on your
machine to save energy. Never tried it so I don't know how well it works.

I use the regular Jet Dry and the sani-cycle and everything comes out
perfect with glassware that sparkles. I see no reason to try anything else.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Just got a new Dishwasher.
Came with a small botle of Jet Dry; the Rinse liquid.

Saw in the store today, that Jet Dry also has a bottle of Drying Liquid.
This bottle also says that a Rinse Agent is not needed with it.

Sure is confusing.

Which do I want to put into my machine's rinse dispenser ?
Why ?

What are the differences between the two ?
What do you folks use ?

Thanks,
B.

The drying liquid is for when you don't use the powered dry cycle on your
machine to save energy. Never tried it so I don't know how well it works.

I use the regular Jet Dry and the sani-cycle and everything comes out
perfect with glassware that sparkles. I see no reason to try anything
else.

Just use Cascade Complete All In One Pacs...Just pop one in the detergent
dispenser and hit start...Works GREAT....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Just got a new Dishwasher.
Came with a small botle of Jet Dry; the Rinse liquid.

Saw in the store today, that Jet Dry also has a bottle of Drying Liquid.
This bottle also says that a Rinse Agent is not needed with it.

Sure is confusing.

Which do I want to put into my machine's rinse dispenser ?
Why ?

What are the differences between the two ?
What do you folks use ?

Find out from the manufacturer if their product is made to work with
soft or hard water (and you have to know what kind of water you have).
I made the mistake of filling the dispenser with a free sample that came
with the new dishwasher. I forget the brand and product name.
Everything looked awful, very cloudy and streaks. I called the
manufacture to complain and they told me I should only use that product
with soft water. I don't understand why they didn't simply label their
products "for hard water" and "for soft water"? Took me forever to get
that crap out of the dispenser.