Andrew Duane

Default Dishwasher rinse agent not dispensing

I think the rinse agent (Jet Dry) dispenser in my Kitchen Aid
dishwasher isn't dispensing. I filled it about 2 months ago, went to
check it today, and it still seems completely full. The dishes look
fine though (the washer does a good job). Is there anything simple to
check, or is this going to involve taking the door apart to get at
anything?

Tony Hwang

Andrew Duane wrote:

I think the rinse agent (Jet Dry) dispenser in my Kitchen Aid
dishwasher isn't dispensing. I filled it about 2 months ago, went to
check it today, and it still seems completely full. The dishes look
fine though (the washer does a good job). Is there anything simple to
check, or is this going to involve taking the door apart to get at
anything?

Hi,
Plugged up? Take a cap off and look carefully.
Tony
Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Model#?

Is there anything simple to check

Unknown what style yours has.

or is this going to involve taking the door apart to
get at anything?

Probably will!

Some are operated with a wax motor, some operate on a bimetal, some are
a solenoid.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Curly Sue

On 27 Mar 2005 09:09:17 -0800, "Andrew Duane"
wrote:

I think the rinse agent (Jet Dry) dispenser in my Kitchen Aid
dishwasher isn't dispensing. I filled it about 2 months ago, went to
check it today, and it still seems completely full. The dishes look
fine though (the washer does a good job). Is there anything simple to
check, or is this going to involve taking the door apart to get at
anything?

If the dishes look fine, why go looking for trouble? ;

The only reason I use the rinse aid is because I use "air dry" on my
dishwasher and the plastic stuff is covered with water at the end of
the cycle if I don't use the rinse aid.

Sue(tm)