Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sure This Isn't "Rec.Crafts.POLITICS" ???

What's with all the political BS posted
in this group ? There are plenty of other
groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-02-02, Mr.B1ack wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted
in this group ? There are plenty of other
groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

A bunch of turkeys who like to upset people.

Use a killfile -- learn to block them all -- by name and/or by
subject. Most days only between 10% and 20% is actually close to on
topic. The rest is automatically bit-bucketed my my newsreader.

An *whatever* you do -- don't respond to any of them. It not
only encourages them, but the quoting also gets around people's
killfiles -- at least until they add *you* to the killfiles for
constantly replying. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 1, 7:43*pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted
in this group ? There are plenty of other
groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

It's a group that has been take over by phony conservative assholes
and sockpuppets. Many of them have no metalworking skills.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-02-02, Mr.B1ack wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

A bunch of turkeys who like to upset people.

Use a killfile -- learn to block them all -- by name and/or by
subject. Most days only between 10% and 20% is actually close to on
topic. The rest is automatically bit-bucketed my my newsreader.

Killfiles are the cowards way out.

Instead, seek to re-direct such posters
to more appropriate groups.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 21:10:38 -0800, jon_banquer wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:43Â*pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

It's a group that has been take over by phony conservative assholes and
sockpuppets. Many of them have no metalworking skills.

Well ... instead of REPONDING ... leave 'em without
replies. They'll soon move elsewhere.

Personally I'm INTERESTED in the finer points of
metal-working ... but at this point 50% of the
traffic seems to be BS politics.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 1, 7:43*pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

It's a group that has been take over by phony conservative assholes and
sockpuppets. Many of them have no metalworking skills.

* *Well ... instead of REPONDING ... leave 'em without
* *replies. They'll soon move elsewhere.

* *Personally I'm INTERESTED in the finer points of
* *metal-working ... but at this point 50% of the
* *traffic seems to be BS politics.

I do leave most without replies now that I've completely wasted them.

It's well over 50% that aren't even remotely close to metalworking.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-02-02, Mr.B1ack wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

* *A bunch of turkeys who like to upset people.

* *Use a killfile -- learn to block them all -- by name and/or by
subject. *Most days only between 10% and 20% is actually close to on
topic. *The rest is automatically bit-bucketed my my newsreader.

* *Killfiles are the cowards way out.

* *Instead, seek to re-direct such posters
* *to more appropriate groups.

Killfiles don't work because several of the scumbags constantly change
their posting names. In addition, they constantly respond to
themselves using other sock puppet names to prop up their positions
and/or to keep their worthless threads active.

Pretending killfiles work or have any real value is laughable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 1, 7:43 pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

It's a group that has been take over by phony conservative assholes and
sockpuppets. Many of them have no metalworking skills.

Well ... instead of REPONDING ... leave 'em without
replies. They'll soon move elsewhere.

Personally I'm INTERESTED in the finer points of
metal-working ... but at this point 50% of the
traffic seems to be BS politics.

I do leave most without replies now that I've completely wasted them.

You've wasted nothing except your own existence, little jonny banqueer,
you ****ing *FRAUD*.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2013-02-02, Mr.B1ack wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

A bunch of turkeys who like to upset people.

Use a killfile -- learn to block them all -- by name and/or by
subject. Most days only between 10% and 20% is actually close to on
topic. The rest is automatically bit-bucketed my my newsreader.

Killfiles are the cowards way out.

Instead, seek to re-direct such posters
to more appropriate groups.

You're assuming that they *care* that this is an inappropriate
newsgroup for their ranting. Since their purpose in life appears to be
to offend people, they accomplish that better by posting in
inappropriate newsgroups, so they have no motivation to move.

Attempting to convince them otherwise is just playing into their
hands.

For such -- a killfile is the only thing that works. They tend
to find news servers and ISPs who don't care to enforce a AUP.

Unless you are saying that your proper non-coward's way should
be to determine their real name and location, and to visit them with a
firearm. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 1, 7:43*pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

It's a group that has been take over by phony conservative assholes and
sockpuppets. Many of them have no metalworking skills.

Well ... instead of REPONDING ... leave 'em without
replies. They'll soon move elsewhere.

Personally I'm INTERESTED in the finer points of
metal-working ... but at this point 50% of the
traffic seems to be BS politics.

You are more tolerant than I am, if you see only 50% as off
topic. My killfiles currently zap between 80% and 90% on a typical day.
(And yes, I have things configured so I can see what is about to be
zapped, just in case something is mis-tagged.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Fine points, DoN.
I find the Delete key works well for me.. within a split second it's easy to
determine if posts are related to metalworking, and if not, plink!
Scrolling down thru the list, it's cleaned up in a matter of a couple
seconds, deleting by subject or author.

It seems that some folks (way too many) can't resist reading the crap posts,
and then they may imagine that their opinion is worthy of posting.
Gotta wonder if they spend so much time yelling back at the radio and TV.

--
WB

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

You're assuming that they *care* that this is an inappropriate
newsgroup for their ranting. Since their purpose in life appears to be
to offend people, they accomplish that better by posting in
inappropriate newsgroups, so they have no motivation to move.

Attempting to convince them otherwise is just playing into their
hands.

For such -- a killfile is the only thing that works. They tend
to find news servers and ISPs who don't care to enforce a AUP.

Unless you are saying that your proper non-coward's way should
be to determine their real name and location, and to visit them with a
firearm. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news

On Feb 1, 7:43 pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

It's a group that has been take over by phony conservative assholes and
sockpuppets. Many of them have no metalworking skills.

Well ... instead of REPONDING ... leave 'em without
replies. They'll soon move elsewhere.

Personally I'm INTERESTED in the finer points of
metal-working ... but at this point 50% of the
traffic seems to be BS politics.

Wrong! It's not 50%---it's more like 90%, none of it worth the time it
takes to read.

At best, you'd get precious little in the way of responses worthy of being
considered as proper tutelage on RCM if you're serious about learning how to
operate machine tools with success. Most of the individuals who know much
rarely stick around. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but I hesitate to
mention any names, as I'd not feel very good about inadvertently leaving out
those who are quite good. They have my respect, as you might imagine.

Just know that you're not well off to come to his news group if you're
serious about learning. The jackasses who want to discuss everything but
that which is on topic will ruin it for you, and do it quickly. That's
their nature---a bunch of less than worthy morons who fancy themselves cute
and clever, and have an objective of being disruptive and rude to those who
come here for the right reason.

You're far better served to seed a group where there's a moderator, and
subject matter is well controlled and there's an air of civility. There's
a few of them out there, the Chaski board being one of them. It tends to
cater to the guy with little experience. There, bad language, religion and
politics are not acceptable, and are NOT a problem. You can actually learn
something.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Just looked at the Chaski metalworking forums, and that's a breath of fresh
air. Rec.crafts.metalworking is just a waste of time now.

Thanks, Harold.

Garrett Fulton

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
news

news

On Feb 1, 7:43 pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news

On Feb 1, 7:43 pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
[...]

I like how the Chaski board has no advertising. I take it you think
it's properly moderated?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
snip---

I like how the Chaski board has no advertising. I take it you think
it's properly moderated?
Properly moderated?
No, I can't say that, as I'm one of the moderators, and I may not understand
things I should understand. I do the best I can with my limited experience,
however. For the sake of this conversation, I can state that you can
visit that board and not have insults hurled your direction, nor have less
than acceptable language thrown about. No flaming! None. It's not
tolerated, and I'll quickly ban a person who doesn't heel. Individuals are
expected to behave on that forum, and they do.

We are frequented by several skilled machinists, some of whom are retired
(as I am), and folks have a spirit of contributing without rancor.

Please understand I am not promoting the Chaski site. It's not for
everyone. Some folks simply like a more spirited experience.

We were fortunate to have Marty Escarcega set the tone of the Chaski board
many years ago, which we emulate to this day.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 7, 11:53*pm, "Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote:
[...]

I don't tolerate any personal attacks on my LinkedIn group CADCAM
Technology Leaders either. I also don't allow any off topic discussion
of any kind. Do you have any experience posting to Practically
Worthless Machinist or CNC Advertising Zone. If so, what is your
opinion of how they are run?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
snip--
I don't tolerate any personal attacks on my LinkedIn group CADCAM
Technology Leaders either. I also don't allow any off topic discussion
of any kind. Do you have any experience posting to Practically
Worthless Machinist or CNC Advertising Zone. If so, what is your
opinion of how they are run?
I have posted (very infrequently, and not recently) on the PM board, but
never on the CNC Zone.

I am not keen on the PM board. They are critical of the machines they
consider to be acceptable (nothing Chinese, for example), which eliminates a
lot of folks who need help the most. It's clear it's intended for those in
the industry, which I left behind long ago. I am now just a hobbyist, and
have no aspirations of operating my equipment for gain. I tend to like
helping those who are new to machining, and I'm "old school", having only
fairly recently been introduced to CNC via the Haas TM1 mill (vintage 2004)
I purchased. As a result, I am not qualified to judge.

Because my CNC sits idle for the time being, I have not pursued information,
although when I finish the house I've been building, I hope to see that
change. I may find myself pursuing each of those venues, although I'm
perfectly comfortable where I am currently. I have one close friend who is
quite CNC literate, who has been instrumental in my making a little
progress.

Harold