Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold & Susan Vordos Harold & Susan Vordos is offline

Default Sure This Isn't "Rec.Crafts.POLITICS" ???

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
snip--
I don't tolerate any personal attacks on my LinkedIn group CADCAM
Technology Leaders either. I also don't allow any off topic discussion
of any kind. Do you have any experience posting to Practically
Worthless Machinist or CNC Advertising Zone. If so, what is your
opinion of how they are run?
I have posted (very infrequently, and not recently) on the PM board, but
never on the CNC Zone.

I am not keen on the PM board. They are critical of the machines they
consider to be acceptable (nothing Chinese, for example), which eliminates a
lot of folks who need help the most. It's clear it's intended for those in
the industry, which I left behind long ago. I am now just a hobbyist, and
have no aspirations of operating my equipment for gain. I tend to like
helping those who are new to machining, and I'm "old school", having only
fairly recently been introduced to CNC via the Haas TM1 mill (vintage 2004)
I purchased. As a result, I am not qualified to judge.

Because my CNC sits idle for the time being, I have not pursued information,
although when I finish the house I've been building, I hope to see that
change. I may find myself pursuing each of those venues, although I'm
perfectly comfortable where I am currently. I have one close friend who is
quite CNC literate, who has been instrumental in my making a little
progress.

Harold