Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Garrett[_2_] Garrett[_2_] is offline

Default Sure This Isn't "Rec.Crafts.POLITICS" ???

Just looked at the Chaski metalworking forums, and that's a breath of fresh
air. Rec.crafts.metalworking is just a waste of time now.

Thanks, Harold.

Garrett Fulton

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
news

"Mr.B1ack" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 21:10:38 -0800, jon_banquer wrote:

On Feb 1, 7:43 pm, "Mr.B1ack" wrote:
What's with all the political BS posted in this group ? There are
plenty of other groups actually MEANT for that stuff.

Just wondering.

It's a group that has been take over by phony conservative assholes and
sockpuppets. Many of them have no metalworking skills.

Well ... instead of REPONDING ... leave 'em without
replies. They'll soon move elsewhere.

Personally I'm INTERESTED in the finer points of
metal-working ... but at this point 50% of the
traffic seems to be BS politics.

Wrong! It's not 50%---it's more like 90%, none of it worth the time it
takes to read.

At best, you'd get precious little in the way of responses worthy of being
considered as proper tutelage on RCM if you're serious about learning how to
operate machine tools with success. Most of the individuals who know much
rarely stick around. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but I hesitate to
mention any names, as I'd not feel very good about inadvertently leaving out
those who are quite good. They have my respect, as you might imagine.

Just know that you're not well off to come to his news group if you're
serious about learning. The jackasses who want to discuss everything but
that which is on topic will ruin it for you, and do it quickly. That's
their nature---a bunch of less than worthy morons who fancy themselves cute
and clever, and have an objective of being disruptive and rude to those who
come here for the right reason.

You're far better served to seed a group where there's a moderator, and
subject matter is well controlled and there's an air of civility. There's
a few of them out there, the Chaski board being one of them. It tends to
cater to the guy with little experience. There, bad language, religion and
politics are not acceptable, and are NOT a problem. You can actually learn
something.

Harold