Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Imperfect but still useful analogy: Hawwke-Ptooey as the CliffBarnes of r.c.m.

On 4/20/2012 8:34 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 4/18/2012 5:31 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 4/18/2012 4:23 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 4/17/2012 9:15 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 4/17/2012 7:03 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 4/17/2012 11:28 AM, jk wrote:

What I live off is mine.

But Dave, you have previously claimed that those who do that are at
best, "evil". You are living off of the work of others.
You are worse than the evil bosses who make 100X the hourly rate of
the employees,. Your marginal pay rate is infinite. You do no work,
and yet reap rewards. How could you as a fine upstanding, middle of
the road, far left, right leaning, liberally espousing, neo
conservative, gun toting, neoracist playboy, ever live with yourself.

What I said is that there is nothing wrong with inheriting something
from parents.

Ha ha ha ha ha! You're admitting that you're living off a capital fund
that you didn't earn.

Care to show us where it says that?

You *are* doing that.

Yes,

Yes.

By the way, both my parents are still alive. My Dad turned 88 on the
14th of the month. So much for me inheriting my parent's estate.

So, they passed their estate to you in trust.

Their estate is still in their possession. They are living. See if you
can figure it out. Or you can just fabricate something up like you
usually do.

One way or another, you're living off the proceeds of a capital fund
that you did not earn. You did not save money from your meager earnings
as a tennis bum and unsuccessful paralegal and invest it so well that
you're now able to live off the dividends and interest of it. No, you
came by a large windfall somehow, and you're living off the proceeds
of it.

Your stupid guesses are not going to shed any light on my financial
status.

They're not guesses. The basic fact - that you are living off the
proceeds of an unearned capital fund - is unchallenged. I don't care if
it's an inheritance, a disability payout, a damages award, a lottery
payout - it is simply a fact that you didn't successfully save and
invest money during your low-paid working years and now are able to live
off the returns of your own investments.

One way or another, you're living off the proceeds of a capital that
you
didn't earn. You're a ****ing hypocrite.

You have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

I do know what I'm talking about. You're a hypocrite.

You're just jealous of me.

Hardly. I can't think of anyone who would be.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hawk...the Bearer of Truth

On 4/21/2012 12:04 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George wrote:
Try as he might, Cliff Barnes never could get the better of J.R. Ewing.
The Wikipedia entry describes Barnes

During the show's original conception, the character of Cliff was
modeled after the late Robert F. Kennedy [never knew that.)
However, he evolved into a bumbling sad sack who was very much his
own worst enemy. A lawyer and a bureaucrat, not an oil man, Cliff
was out of his element when dealing in the cutthroat oil business
and, despite repeated attempts, would always be outsmarted and
outdone by his rival J.R.

Then entry does say that in the final season, Barnes beat J.R. and took
over Ewing Oil - I never knew that, as I didn't watch it after about
1982 - but that obviously was just a cheap trick by the series producers.

Hawwke-Ptooey very clearly appears to be a bumbling sad sack here. The
difference is, most of his opponents aren't like J.R. - maybe those
****bags Haskell and gummer, but certainly not Dan, jk or I.

I personally enjoy Hawk's posts...insightful, intelligent and fair.

They're nothing of the kind. He has no insight, he isn't particularly
intelligent, and he is anything but fair - in fact, he is the most
biased extremist imaginable.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George *wrote:
[...]

biased extremist imaginable.- Hide quoted text -

I disagee.

As I said, Hawk's posts are insightful, intelligent and fair.

Unlike those who disagree with him.

George...you might want to do a reality check...you have problems we
can fix here on Usenet.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George wrote:
[...]

Then you must be reading some one other than HawkE's posts, they
certainly seem to be none of the above.
jk
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George *wrote:
[...]

jk- Hide quoted text -

Well what posts I have read consistently are insightful, intelligent
and fair...if Hawk has posted a marginal post well everyone has a bad
day.

I do not have the time to every post posted on Usenet like parasites
like Gummer do.

What I do see is that the Usenet is populated by a majority of
conservative nut jobs who are not welcome elsewhere in society...so
they hang out here and spew their specil hatred and insanity. It is
telling that when a fair and balanced opinion is expressed on Usenet,
it is usually met by the insane hatred that is the trademark of the
Right.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I personally enjoy Hawk's posts...insightful, intelligent and fair.

Then you must be reading some one other than HawkE's posts, *they
certainly seem to be none of the above.
jk- Hide quoted text -

Well what posts I have read consistently are insightful, intelligent
and fair...if Hawk has posted a marginal post well everyone has a bad
day.

Unfortunately it is not a single post or two.
He has a tendency to just to conclusions, and assumes that anyone who
disagrees with him on anything, is a hard core conservative.

He also has an unfortunate habit of just making "facts" up, and
redefining words on the fly. Been caught too many times in outright
lies for me to place any credence in any thing he posts, without
double checking it.

I do not have the time to every post posted on Usenet like parasites
like Gummer do.

What I do see is that the Usenet is populated by a majority of
conservative nut jobs who are not welcome elsewhere in society..

I would disagree that it is the entire Usenet, but does perhaps seem
to be more the case in certain newsgroups.

.so
they hang out here and spew their specil hatred and insanity. It is
telling that when a fair and balanced opinion is expressed on Usenet,
it is usually met by the insane hatred that is the trademark of the
Right.

The hall mark of "fair and balanced" seems to be when both sides start
hating on the post.
jk
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George wrote:
[...]

They aren't. The fact you think they are speaks volumes regarding your
weak intellect and base character.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George wrote:
[...]

Repeating it mindlessly won't make it so. It isn't so.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George *wrote:
[...]

Am I the only one who sees the irony in TMT calling Hack intelligent?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 1, 10:51*pm, Benny Fishhole wrote:

Am I the only one who sees the irony in TMT calling Hack intelligent?

You are not the only one.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George * *wrote:
[...]

weak intellect and base character.- Hide quoted text -

George...remember what I just said about spewing insane hatred?

Falling back on insults just shows all of us your problem of dealiing
with an opinion different than yours.

I never agree with anyone 100% but you do not see me rant and spew
hatred like the conservative wack jobs we see here on Usenet who do it
daily.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/1/2012 8:02 PM, wrote:
On May 1, 10:51 pm, Benny wrote:

Am I the only one who sees the irony in TMT calling Hack intelligent?

You are not the only one.

There are dozens.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George wrote:
[...]

yawn

Falling back on insults just shows all of us your problem of dealiing
with an opinion different than yours.

I have no problem dealing with opinions different from mine. I don't
have any patience with knee-jerk reflexive bull**** from rabid extremist
ideologues like Hawke-Ptooey and you. You goofs don't have opinions -
you have reflexive spew. You're not thinkers, either one of you. You
don't engage in analysis; you never question any of your many - and
highly irrational, and very extreme - biases.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George *wrote:
[...]

Am I the only one who sees the irony in TMT calling Hack intelligent?- Hide quoted text -

Still waiting for you to tell us about your problems at work.

laugh..laugh..laugh..

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George * * *wrote:
[...]

highly irrational, and very extreme - biases.- Hide quoted text -

Oh but you do...all the time.

And you just proved it once again by resulting to insults and cheap
shots.

Why don't you prove your point by not using any insults and cheap
shots in the remainder of this discussion to me, Hawke or anyone else?

Betcha you can't do it. ;)

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 12, 1:57 pm, George wrote:
[...]