DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Imperfect but still useful analogy: Hawwke-Ptooey as the Cliff Barnesof r.c.m. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/338719-imperfect-but-still-useful-analogy-hawwke-ptooey-cliff-barnesof-r-c-m.html)

George Plimpton April 12th 12 07:57 PM

Imperfect but still useful analogy: Hawwke-Ptooey as the Cliff Barnesof r.c.m.

Try as he might, Cliff Barnes never could get the better of J.R. Ewing.
The Wikipedia entry describes Barnes

During the show's original conception, the character of Cliff was
modeled after the late Robert F. Kennedy [never knew that.)
However, he evolved into a bumbling sad sack who was very much his
own worst enemy. A lawyer and a bureaucrat, not an oil man, Cliff
was out of his element when dealing in the cutthroat oil business
and, despite repeated attempts, would always be outsmarted and
outdone by his rival J.R.

Then entry does say that in the final season, Barnes beat J.R. and took
over Ewing Oil - I never knew that, as I didn't watch it after about
1982 - but that obviously was just a cheap trick by the series producers.

Hawwke-Ptooey very clearly appears to be a bumbling sad sack here. The
difference is, most of his opponents aren't like J.R. - maybe those
****bags Haskell and gummer, but certainly not Dan, jk or I.

Hawke[_3_] April 14th 12 12:45 AM

On 4/12/2012 11:57 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

No, not you three. You are really, really, special. Excellent, superior,
great, are words that come to mind when you three are mentioned. Yep,
that's what everyone thinks when they see your names.

Hey, little Pimpie, time to wake up. Stop dreaming now and come back to
reality where you and your chums have to face the fact that none of you
is better than average in any way. You'll have to wait until you go back
to sleep and your dreams for you to be what you wish you were. Time to
get back to your pipe.

Hawke

[email protected] April 14th 12 01:34 AM

On Apr 13, 7:45*pm, Hawke wrote:

No, not you three. You are really, really, special. Excellent, superior,
great, are words that come to mind when you three are mentioned. Yep,
that's what everyone thinks when they see your names.

Hawke

Probably not everyone thinks I am great, but I do manage to post some
about metalworking which is more than you do.

Dan

Hawke[_3_] April 14th 12 06:40 PM

On 4/13/2012 5:34 PM, wrote:
On Apr 13, 7:45 pm, wrote:

No, not you three. You are really, really, special. Excellent, superior,
great, are words that come to mind when you three are mentioned. Yep,
that's what everyone thinks when they see your names.

Hawke

Probably not everyone thinks I am great, but I do manage to post some
about metalworking which is more than you do.

Dan

Make all the excuses you want, Dan. You aren't all that. The three of
you want to believe you are in a position to criticize me for every
little thing you can find. Be my guest, but understand what that says
about you. You guy's undeserved sense of superiority is obvious . All of
you. You think I think I'm great? What does that make you when you all
seem to think you're so much better? You've all got inflated opinions of
yourselves. To hear you guys you're some of life's winners. I'm guessing
that's bull****. The three of you are no big deals in your community and
haven't got such great resumes. Who's heard of you? One thing is for
sure, none of you is in a position to think you're better than me except
in your own mind. But then I'm pretty sure you already know that because
your trying to one up me all the time only shows how weak and inadequate
you boys really are.

You make as many mistakes as I do too, Dan. Don't you read your own
posts? By the way, if you send me an email you ought to at least let me
know how to reply to it so it doesn't come back. Unless you are too
fearful of hearing back from me.

Hawke

[email protected] April 14th 12 09:42 PM

On Apr 14, 1:40*pm, Hawke wrote:

[...]

Dream on. The facts are that you have no idea of whether I am one of
life's winners, You do not know who has heard of me. Do not know my
resume, or why I may be in a position to think I am better than you.
I might really be in a position to think I am better than you.

I emailed you because I did not want to criticise you in public. And
forgot that the email address that Google has is a very old one that I
think might keep a little spam from being sent to me.

But until you start posting about metalworking, I am for sure superior
to you in that way.

Dan

Hawke[_3_] April 15th 12 03:31 AM

On 4/14/2012 1:42 PM, wrote:

Dream on. The facts are that you have no idea of whether I am one of
life's winners, You do not know who has heard of me. Do not know my
resume, or why I may be in a position to think I am better than you.
I might really be in a position to think I am better than you.

The truth is you don't know a whole lot about me either. All you know is
the basics that I've given everyone here. It's all public stuff and
doesn't say much about me except who I am, where I live, and other
innocuous information. As for being a winner or not you don't know. At
least you don't pretend you do like Plimpton does. You sure don't know
why I may think I'm better than you. It all depends on what you consider
important. If having the best job and a big income makes you better than
someone else then maybe you are better than me. If you measure a man by
a different set of standards you might come off far below me. It all
depends on who is doing the measuring and what is he using for his
standards.

I emailed you because I did not want to criticise you in public. And
forgot that the email address that Google has is a very old one that I
think might keep a little spam from being sent to me.

That's funny, Dan. Like you have never been snide or nasty in
criticizing me in the past? Basically your only contribution is to
criticize me so I see no benefit from not letting everyone see just how
critical you are. As I've said before, if all you do is constantly
criticize me that says a lot about what kind of person you are. It's
like someone who never says anything complimentary about anyone. That
tells you what kind they are. So don't bother. If you feel you have to
say negative things then do it right here. Then everyone can see if you
are fair or are just a nit picking ass.

But until you start posting about metalworking, I am for sure superior
to you in that way.

What did I say about how you decide who is better. It's all about the
standard you use. If you use how much metalwork one posts about as a
measure of someone then you win that one. But you lose in many other
areas you may not even be aware of. You are far more argumentative than
you are informative. You find fault far more than you find anything
positive to say.

You hide yourself to the extreme. Is that the way someone who is
confident, and successful in life acts? I'd say that is how a timid
underachiever acts. But who knows? You keep everything about you a
secret. It's hard to believe you have so much to be proud of when you
don't have the courage to show us what you have done. What exactly are
you so afraid of that makes you keep so much about you a secret? As for
being open and up front about oneself I'm superior to you in that way,
aren't I? See what I mean? It all about how you measure.

Hawke

[email protected] April 15th 12 01:39 PM

On Apr 14, 10:31*pm, Hawke wrote:

The truth is you don't know a whole lot about me either. All you know is
the basics that I've given everyone here. It's all public stuff and
doesn't say much about me except who I am, where I live, and other
innocuous information.

I do know you are not married, which casts a little doubt on your
claims that everyone that knows you likes you. I know that you are
unemployed at age 61. That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills. You have never mentioned any experience with
having worked at a trade. I know you have not been in the military
and have never mentioned living any where other than California. So
you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world. I know you
live in Chico and spend a fair amount of time watching TV. I know you
enjoy pistol shooting, so it is unlikely that you are a felon. I know
you graduated from a college close to where you live, so it is
unlikely that you experienced much of the social aspects of college
life. As far as being a winner, you are unemployed living in Chico,
so that casts serious doubts on your being a winner. I know a little
bit about where you live and that also casts doubts on your being a
winner. I know you post in a metalworking group, but never on
metalworking. That says something about your character.

[...]

I have tried to criticize your thoughts and not you. And thought
that if I emailed comments to you, that you would see that I was not
trying to embarrass you and not get upset and consider what I actually
said. But I can easily post here where everyone can see the faults in
you statements.

[...]

Actually I am very confident and successful in life. So confident
that I do not feel it necessary to say much of anything about
myself.

Dan

George Plimpton April 16th 12 01:02 AM

On 4/13/2012 4:45 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

No, not you three.

No, not us.

Hey, little Pimpie, time to wake up. Stop dreaming now and come back to
reality where you and your chums have to face the fact that none of you
is better than average in any way.

We're all better than you - all of us.

Hawke[_3_] April 17th 12 06:58 AM

On 4/15/2012 5:39 AM, wrote:
On Apr 14, 10:31 pm, wrote:

The truth is you don't know a whole lot about me either. All you know is
the basics that I've given everyone here. It's all public stuff and
doesn't say much about me except who I am, where I live, and other
innocuous information.

I do know you are not married, which casts a little doubt on your
claims that everyone that knows you likes you.

I never said everyone likes me. No matter who you are there are people
that won't like you. Don't try to bring up anything from past posts
either. I'm telling you right now that not everyone likes me. What I
said was that most people who meet me do like me. I have no problems
relating to all kinds of people. So you're jumping to a conclusion.

I know that you are unemployed at age 61.

You turn the word unemployed into a pejorative. I'm not unemployed. I'm
not working. They are not the same. Are you employed? If not then you
are in the same boat as me. It doesn't mean you are a loser. I could be
retired, or rich or both.

That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills.

Again, jumping to a conclusion with no evidence to support it. But what
if I don't. Lots of people don't have marketable job skills, are they
bad people?

You have never mentioned any experience with
having worked at a trade.

That's true. I never did.

I know you have not been in the military
and have never mentioned living any where other than California.

I never was in the military but I've lived in many states besides
California.

So
you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world.

Cosmopolitan world citizen? No. More like an ordinary American.

I know you
live in Chico and spend a fair amount of time watching TV.

I do live in Chico but what is a fair amount of TV watching?

I know you
enjoy pistol shooting, so it is unlikely that you are a felon.

Good one, at least this time you're thoughts are rational.

I know
you graduated from a college close to where you live, so it is
unlikely that you experienced much of the social aspects of college
life.

I guess you missed the part where I said I had gone to numerous colleges
over the years, and lived on campus.

As far as being a winner, you are unemployed living in Chico,
so that casts serious doubts on your being a winner.

What is your criteria for what you call a winner? You're unemployed too
aren't you? Does that cast a doubt on your winning record?

I know a little
bit about where you live and that also casts doubts on your being a
winner. I know you post in a metalworking group, but never on
metalworking. That says something about your character.

It says more about character or about metalworking expertise? Most
people would think if you don't post about metalwork you aren't any good
at it. They wouldn't think it was a way to judge character.

As for being a winner or not you don't know. At
least you don't pretend you do like Plimpton does. You sure don't know
why I may think I'm better than you. It all depends on what you consider
important. If having the best job and a big income makes you better than
someone else then maybe you are better than me. If you measure a man by
a different set of standards you might come off far below me. It all
depends on who is doing the measuring and what is he using for his
standards.

I emailed you because I did not want to criticise you in public. And
forgot that the email address that Google has is a very old one that I
think might keep a little spam from being sent to me.

So was that a mistake on your part? You remember how you act every time
I make a mistake? You jump all over it and act like it says something
about my lacking character or some other nonsense. You send someone an
email the least you can do is allow them to respond to it. Otherwise it
looks like you haven't the balls to receive as well as send email. As to
criticizing me you do that all the time here. It's not a big deal to me.
I'm a big boy.

[...]

You are free to do as you wish. But criticizing me personally has no
value to anyone. The point is to criticize my words and ideas if you
disagree with them. The idea is to disagree without being disagreeable.
It's fine with me for you to post anything you want. It's a two way
street. When you are always on the attack other people can see that too,
and they wonder what is your problem that you do nothing but find fault
and criticize. I'll gladly put my arguments up against yours or anyone
else's. I want you to criticize my thoughts if you think they are wrong.
I just want to see you explain and justify what you say.

[...]

That's easy to say, Dan, but harder to back up. When you give out the
kind of information about yourself the way I have then we can judge you
the way you like to do to me. If you keep everything to yourself then
none of us can criticize you, can we? You're like the artist who won't
show anyone their work. You can say you're great but until you put it
out for the public to see we won't believe you.

So maybe if you get up the gumption to tell me where you live, how old
you are, where you went to school, what your education is, what jobs you
have held, and what's your net worth, then I'll believe you when you say
you are successful and confident. As long as you keep everything about
yourself concealed it calls everything you do into question. You impeach
your own character when you are too fearful to let anyone know the truth
about your life. You may not say anything about yourself because you
don't think you need to or you may be keeping quit because you are a
loser. We don't know. But as long as you keep your secrets people will
think you have something to hide not that you are a winner.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 17th 12 07:01 AM

On 4/15/2012 5:02 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

Yes, you!

Hey, little Pimpie, time to wake up. Stop dreaming now and come back to
reality where you and your chums have to face the fact that none of you
is better than average in any way.

We're all better than you - all of us.

So I still haven't succeeded in waking you from your fantasy. I don't
blame you for not wanting to wake up. Losers like you have miserable
lives. You aren't any fun to be around are you?

Hawke

George Plimpton April 17th 12 03:35 PM

On 4/16/2012 10:58 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 4/15/2012 5:39 AM, wrote:
On Apr 14, 10:31 pm, wrote:

The truth is you don't know a whole lot about me either. All you know is
the basics that I've given everyone here. It's all public stuff and
doesn't say much about me except who I am, where I live, and other
innocuous information.

I do know you are not married, which casts a little doubt on your
claims that everyone that knows you likes you.

I never said everyone likes me.

That's not what he said you said, you ****ing inattentive ham hock. He
said that you said everyone who knows you likes you...and you did say
that. You were lying.

You were too inconsiderate and too self absorbed ever to get married and
have a family. You remind me a lot of my younger brother, who did marry
and spawn a couple of pups but shouldn't have. Women generally detest
my brother, and I think most women detest you. You're everything women
hate about men: a know-it-all, a braggart, a blowhard.

No matter who you are there are people that won't like you.

More true of you than most.

I know that you are unemployed at age 61.

You turn the word unemployed into a pejorative. I'm not unemployed. I'm
not working. They are not the same.

You were only ever marginally attached to the workforce anyway. You're
living off someone else's money; probably your parents'.

That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills.

Again, jumping to a conclusion with no evidence to support it.

There is evidence to support it. "Tennis bum" isn't really much of a
job skill.

You've never done anything that required much skill; not a knowledge worker.

You have never mentioned any experience with
having worked at a trade.

That's true. I never did.

I know you have not been in the military
and have never mentioned living any where other than California.

I never was in the military but I've lived in many states besides
California.

At age 61, you had to work to dodge the draft. Your first year of draft
eligibility was *before* the draft lottery.

So you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world.

Cosmopolitan world citizen? No. More like an ordinary American.

More like an ordinary insular unsophisticated flyover country American.

I know you live in Chico and spend a fair amount of time watching TV.

I do live in Chico but what is a fair amount of TV watching?

Excessive.

I know you enjoy pistol shooting, so it is unlikely that you are a felon.

Good one, at least this time you're thoughts are rational.

He said it's unlikely. You may well be a scofflaw when it comes to that
kind of thing.

I know
you graduated from a college close to where you live, so it is
unlikely that you experienced much of the social aspects of college
life.

I guess you missed the part where I said I had gone to numerous colleges
over the years, and lived on campus.

Oh, now it's "numerous" colleges, is it? And never graduating from any
of them until age 50+. *Now* we get a clearer picture of why you never
did anything: no stick-to-itiveness, no gumption; a dabbler and a
dilettante, just as I said.

As far as being a winner, you are unemployed living in Chico,
so that casts serious doubts on your being a winner.

What is your criteria for what you call a winner? You're unemployed too
aren't you? Does that cast a doubt on your winning record?

I don't know what his criteria are for being a winner, but they don't
include being involuntarily out of the work force at age 61 in a hick town.

[...]

Unlike you, he's not a braggart and doesn't feel any need to try to
prove to people he's never met that he's a success.

George Plimpton April 17th 12 03:36 PM

On 4/16/2012 11:01 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

Nope. You're wrong.

Hey, little Pimpie, time to wake up. Stop dreaming now and come back to
reality where you and your chums have to face the fact that none of you
is better than average in any way.

We're all better than you - all of us.

So I still haven't succeeded in waking you from your fantasy.

It's not a fantasy, Cliff...er, Hawwke Ptooey.

You really are a bumbling sad sack.

Hawke[_3_] April 17th 12 06:23 PM

On 4/17/2012 7:35 AM, George Plimpton wrote:

The truth is you don't know a whole lot about me either. All you
know is
the basics that I've given everyone here. It's all public stuff and
doesn't say much about me except who I am, where I live, and other
innocuous information.

I do know you are not married, which casts a little doubt on your
claims that everyone that knows you likes you.

I never said everyone likes me.

That's not what he said you said, you ****ing inattentive ham hock. He
said that you said everyone who knows you likes you...and you did say
that. You were lying.

I don't care how much you wish to take every word and sentence I write
and parse it in you lame ass attempt to find some little thing you can
say is wrong about it. You apparently think you're a cop who keeps
asking me for my story and then says I'm lying when I've told it 50
times and it's never exactly the same. No kidding. Nobody but a liar
tells a story exactly the same every time. You look like a fool trying
so hard to find such petty little errors or inconsistencies in
everything I say. You're just a busybody bitch with nothing to do worth
****. If you weren't such an idiot you would understand the plain
meaning of what I said. But you can't even fathom what it means when I
say most people that meet me like me. All you do is try to find some
cockamamie error in it. You have problems, big ones.

You were too inconsiderate and too self absorbed ever to get married and
have a family. You remind me a lot of my younger brother, who did marry
and spawn a couple of pups but shouldn't have. Women generally detest my
brother, and I think most women detest you. You're everything women hate
about men: a know-it-all, a braggart, a blowhard.

Every one of your statements is either an outright lie or it's a fantasy
you created in your mind. I never wanted to be married from the time I
was a teenager. I knew it wasn't for me. You have no information why I
never married except what I just told you, so you made up the
inconsiderate and self absorbed part. Then you make up a fantasy about
how women feel about me. You haven't a clue how I interact with women or
men either. You know that and so does everyone else. So that is all made
up. That's what is known as a lie.

No matter who you are there are people that won't like you.

More true of you than most.

Once again, you have no way of knowing that. So it's a lie or a fantasy.
I think you lie so much it's not a fantasy.

I know that you are unemployed at age 61.

You turn the word unemployed into a pejorative. I'm not unemployed. I'm
not working. They are not the same.

You were only ever marginally attached to the workforce anyway. You're
living off someone else's money; probably your parents'.

You have no information of my attachment to the workforce. So saying
anything about that is fabricated. What I live off is mine. How would
you know anything about that? You don't so you lied again.

That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills.

Again, jumping to a conclusion with no evidence to support it.

There is evidence to support it. "Tennis bum" isn't really much of a job
skill.

Yeah, tennis bum isn't a job skill. But where did you get the idea I was
a tennis bum? You know nothing about my life in tennis. So you're making
it all up.

You've never done anything that required much skill; not a knowledge
worker.

If you only had some evidence of that you might be right. But then you
haven't a clue about that so you're lying.

You have never mentioned any experience with
having worked at a trade.

That's true. I never did.

I know you have not been in the military
and have never mentioned living any where other than California.

I never was in the military but I've lived in many states besides
California.

At age 61, you had to work to dodge the draft. Your first year of draft
eligibility was *before* the draft lottery.

You talk like you know the facts but you have no idea what is true. I
have to correct you so often it's really a tiresome chore. So to set you
straight so you don't have to lie here's the facts. I was eligible for
the draft when the second lottery was held. I wasn't eligible for the
first one because I was in college at the time. A college outside of
California that I was attending full time and living on campus in a
dorm. When the lottery was taken it was on TV and I had a fairly high
number but I didn't know if I would be drafted or not. Lucky for me I
wasn't. Now that's the truth so I saved you from having to tell another
lie about me.

So you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world.

Cosmopolitan world citizen? No. More like an ordinary American.

More like an ordinary insular unsophisticated flyover country American.

If by that you mean a Midwesterner you're wrong again, as usual. I never
lived in the middle of the country except as a little boy. I lived on
the east coast and the west coast. Mainly in California. I've been all
over the country. I'll take California with all its faults over any
place else in the U.S.

I know you live in Chico and spend a fair amount of time watching TV.

I do live in Chico but what is a fair amount of TV watching?

Excessive.

I don't watch TV excessively.

I know you enjoy pistol shooting, so it is unlikely that you are a
felon.

Good one, at least this time you're thoughts are rational.

He said it's unlikely. You may well be a scofflaw when it comes to that
kind of thing.

Yeah, and you might be a child molester too. Just because there is no
proof doesn't mean you aren't a sexual predator. From your actions here
you probably are.

I know
you graduated from a college close to where you live, so it is
unlikely that you experienced much of the social aspects of college
life.

I guess you missed the part where I said I had gone to numerous colleges
over the years, and lived on campus.

Oh, now it's "numerous" colleges, is it? And never graduating from any
of them until age 50+. *Now* we get a clearer picture of why you never
did anything: no stick-to-itiveness, no gumption; a dabbler and a
dilettante, just as I said.

You have no idea what I did or did not do. So you make up a fabrication
that suits your mentally disordered mind. What's becoming clearer all
the time is that you have a mental disorder that causes you to create an
entire fantasy from virtually no factual data. So what you are doing is
projecting your shortcomings on me. You have no gumption, or
stick-to-itiveness, and only dabble in things. But you can't face that
reality so you pretend that I have your problems. Believe me bro, I
don't have all the warts and weakness you have. Making all this crap up
about someone you don't know only shows what a weakling you are.

As far as being a winner, you are unemployed living in Chico,
so that casts serious doubts on your being a winner.

What is your criteria for what you call a winner? You're unemployed too
aren't you? Does that cast a doubt on your winning record?

I don't know what his criteria are for being a winner, but they don't
include being involuntarily out of the work force at age 61 in a hick town.

FYI, Chico has been rated as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
so it's not a hick town. You probably would prefer living in the city of
Industry. But then you have no taste.

As for working, that is a matter of choice for me. I can or I can choose
not to. Either way is up to me. So try as you will you can't make me not
working into something bad. Besides that, how about telling us what
extraordinary use of time are you engaging in? Still flipping those
burgers, where they really need your contribution?

[...]

He's a crybaby and a whiner. He's so afraid someone will discover the
real him that he goes to extreme lengths to hide all the facts about
himself. He's like you. A loudmouth who wants to know everything about
others and volunteers nothing about himself. I've told you yokels all
kinds of things about me and you keep everything hidden and secret. I'm
done playing that game with you. Either you cough up the truth about
yourselves or I'm not going to give one more piece of information about
me again. You put up or shut up. I want to know what you did that makes
you a winner. I want to know where you live and whether you own real
property or not, and what it's worth. I want to see some proof that your
the kind of person you claim you are, you know, well liked, successful,
athletic, smart, and with lots of difficult achievements under your
belt. So come up with some answers or you're done hearing anything more
about me.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 17th 12 06:25 PM

On 4/17/2012 7:36 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

I'd prefer that over being a lying piece of **** like you any day of the
week.

Hawke

George Plimpton April 17th 12 06:50 PM

Imperfect but still useful analogy: Hawwke-Ptooey as the CliffBarnes of r.c.m.

Cliff Barnes, portraying sad sack loser Hawwke-Ptooey, blabbered:

You write a lot of absurd bull****. Most of it is due to your bloated ego.

You were too inconsiderate and too self absorbed ever to get married and
have a family. You remind me a lot of my younger brother, who did marry
and spawn a couple of pups but shouldn't have. Women generally detest my
brother, and I think most women detest you. You're everything women hate
about men: a know-it-all, a braggart, a blowhard.

Every one of your statements is either an outright lie or it's a fantasy
you created in your mind.

It's all true, every word of it.

No matter who you are there are people that won't like you.

More true of you than most.

Once again, you have no way of knowing that.

We *all* do know it.

I know that you are unemployed at age 61.

You turn the word unemployed into a pejorative. I'm not unemployed. I'm
not working. They are not the same.

You were only ever marginally attached to the workforce anyway. You're
living off someone else's money; probably your parents'.

You have no information of my attachment to the workforce.

I do - you've revealed it, inadvertently of course.

What I live off is mine.

You didn't earn it. It's an inheritance, or a damages award, or
disability payout. You didn't earn it.

That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills.

Again, jumping to a conclusion with no evidence to support it.

There is evidence to support it. "Tennis bum" isn't really much of a job
skill.

Yeah, tennis bum isn't a job skill. But where did you get the idea I was
a tennis bum?

You told us.

You've never done anything that required much skill; not a knowledge
worker.

If you only had some evidence of that you might be right.

I do: your posts.

So you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world.

Cosmopolitan world citizen? No. More like an ordinary American.

More like an ordinary insular unsophisticated flyover country American.

If by that you mean a Midwesterner you're wrong again, as usual. I never
lived in the middle of the country except as a little boy.

You have always lived in the reddest part of a blue state. You live in
figurative flyover country.

Bull****.

I guess you missed the part where I said I had gone to numerous colleges
over the years, and lived on campus.

Oh, now it's "numerous" colleges, is it? And never graduating from any
of them until age 50+. *Now* we get a clearer picture of why you never
did anything: no stick-to-itiveness, no gumption; a dabbler and a
dilettante, just as I said.

You have no idea what I did or did not do.

I do know - you've told us. You said you attended "numerous" colleges,
but never were awarded a degree until you were over age 50. Your life
history, as *you* have revealed it here, is that of a dabbler, a
dilettante, a loser - someone who always was passively waiting for
someone to recognize a greatness that simply wasn't there and shower you
with riches.

As far as being a winner, you are unemployed living in Chico,
so that casts serious doubts on your being a winner.

What is your criteria for what you call a winner? You're unemployed too
aren't you? Does that cast a doubt on your winning record?

I don't know what his criteria are for being a winner, but they don't
include being involuntarily out of the work force at age 61 in a hick
town.

FYI, Chico has been rated as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
so it's not a hick town.

It's a hick town.

As for working, that is a matter of choice for me. I can or I can choose
not to.

I don't think you *can* "choose" to work, as you're basically
unemployable. You're living off the proceeds from capital you did not earn.

[...]

He's a crybaby and a whiner.

Not in the least. He comes across to me as someone who has enjoyed
reasonable success, and is secure in the knowledge that he did it
largely on his terms. You can't say the same.

He's so afraid someone will discover the
real him that he goes to extreme lengths to hide all the facts about
himself.

I don't think he's "hiding" anything. Choosing not to reveal much isn't
hiding.

Your own revelation of your great shortcomings is unseemly.

George Plimpton April 17th 12 06:51 PM

On 4/17/2012 10:25 AM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

I don't lie, Cliff...er, Hawwke-Ptooey.

jk April 17th 12 07:22 PM

On 4/15/2012 5:39 AM, wrote:
On Apr 14, 10:31 pm, wrote:

The truth is you don't know a whole lot about me either. All you know is
the basics that I've given everyone here. It's all public stuff and
doesn't say much about me except who I am, where I live, and other
innocuous information.

I do know you are not married, which casts a little doubt on your
claims that everyone that knows you likes you.

I never said everyone likes me.

That's not what he said you said, you ****ing inattentive ham hock. He
said that you said everyone who knows you likes you...and you did say
that. You were lying.

Well he DID at one point make two modifications to the statement
(well after he made it)
One was he changed to "Almost everyone"
and the second was "except those that don't"

You were too inconsiderate and too self absorbed ever to get married and
have a family. You remind me a lot of my younger brother, who did marry
and spawn a couple of pups but shouldn't have. Women generally detest
my brother, and I think most women detest you. You're everything women
hate about men: a know-it-all, a braggart, a blowhard.

No matter who you are there are people that won't like you.

More true of you than most.

I know that you are unemployed at age 61.

You turn the word unemployed into a pejorative. I'm not unemployed. I'm
not working. They are not the same.

You were only ever marginally attached to the workforce anyway. You're
living off someone else's money; probably your parents'.

That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills.

Again, jumping to a conclusion with no evidence to support it.

A trick he learned from you, Dave

There is evidence to support it. "Tennis bum" isn't really much of a
job skill.

You've never done anything that required much skill; not a knowledge worker.

You have never mentioned any experience with
having worked at a trade.

That's true. I never did.

I know you have not been in the military
and have never mentioned living any where other than California.

I never was in the military but I've lived in many states besides
California.

Remember his love for Camden.
At age 61, you had to work to dodge the draft. Your first year of draft
eligibility was *before* the draft lottery.

So you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world.

Cosmopolitan world citizen? No. More like an ordinary American.

More like "ugly American" in the sense used when discussing cultural
imperialism. [ Possibly just straight up ugly as well, or perhaps even
handsome, but that isn't the point.]

More like an ordinary insular unsophisticated flyover country American.

I know you live in Chico and spend a fair amount of time watching TV.

I do live in Chico but what is a fair amount of TV watching?

jk

jk April 17th 12 07:28 PM

George Plimpton wrote:

Cliff Barnes, portraying sad sack loser Hawwke-Ptooey, blabbered:
On 4/17/2012 7:35 AM, George Plimpton wrote:

I know that you are unemployed at age 61.

You turn the word unemployed into a pejorative. I'm not unemployed. I'm
not working. They are not the same.

You were only ever marginally attached to the workforce anyway. You're
living off someone else's money; probably your parents'.

You have no information of my attachment to the workforce.

I do - you've revealed it, inadvertently of course.

What I live off is mine.

But Dave, you have previously claimed that those who do that are at
best, "evil". You are living off of the work of others.
You are worse than the evil bosses who make 100X the hourly rate of
the employees,. Your marginal pay rate is infinite. You do no work,
and yet reap rewards. How could you as a fine upstanding, middle of
the road, far left, right leaning, liberally espousing, neo
conservative, gun toting, neoracist playboy, ever live with yourself.

Hawke[_3_] April 18th 12 03:03 AM

On 4/17/2012 11:28 AM, jk wrote:

What I live off is mine.

But Dave, you have previously claimed that those who do that are at
best, "evil". You are living off of the work of others.
You are worse than the evil bosses who make 100X the hourly rate of
the employees,. Your marginal pay rate is infinite. You do no work,
and yet reap rewards. How could you as a fine upstanding, middle of
the road, far left, right leaning, liberally espousing, neo
conservative, gun toting, neoracist playboy, ever live with yourself.

What I said is that there is nothing wrong with inheriting something
from parents. What I said was wrong was if the amount was gigantic.
Leaving a nest egg or a bit of help in life to your kids is fine with
me. Leaving a fortune is not. It allows one generation to put it's
children in charge of the children of the next generation. It's one
thing if I choose you to be in charge of things in this lifetime, but I
won't have your children and your grandchildren put in charge of mine
just because you want to set them with a fortune. So leaving a moderate
legacy to your children is okay by me. But not leaving vast fortunes
like the Romneys and other filthy rich people want to do for their kids.
That's not fair.

By the way, both my parents are still alive. My Dad turned 88 on the
14th of the month. So much for me inheriting my parent's estate.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 18th 12 03:07 AM

On 4/17/2012 10:51 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

No, but everything you write is untrue and not by mistake. Normal people
call that lying. I have no idea what a mental case like you would call
it. You're great at making things up. How about making up a story about
how your life turned out better than average. You've got quite an
imagination so I know you can turn a pig's ear into a silk purse.

Hawke

[email protected] April 18th 12 04:28 AM

Imperfect but still useful analogy: Hawwke-Ptooey as the CliffBarnes of r.c.m.

On Apr 17, 11:01*pm, Hawke wrote:

I mean, how are you able to get internet
access and have a computer if you're so broke you live in a car? If you
really are doing something for others for free I would have a high
opinion of that. Unfortunately, at this point I have no idea if what you
say is true or if you are just screwing with me.

Hawke

Easy. Pretty much every library has computers for internet access.
The krl in the email address that Google has is short for Kitsap
Regional Library. The library used to let users dial in and access
the internet. I think they did that before there were any browsers.

Dan

George Plimpton April 18th 12 05:13 AM

On 4/17/2012 6:54 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 4/17/2012 10:50 AM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

You write a lot of nasty, negative, critical, personal attacks, without
any factual basis.

There's absolutely a factual basis for what I write about you.

You were too inconsiderate and too self absorbed ever to get married
and
have a family. You remind me a lot of my younger brother, who did marry
and spawn a couple of pups but shouldn't have. Women generally
detest my
brother, and I think most women detest you. You're everything women
hate
about men: a know-it-all, a braggart, a blowhard.

Every one of your statements is either an outright lie or it's a fantasy
you created in your mind.

It's all true, every word of it.

Everything you write is false.

Nope. It's all true.

No matter who you are there are people that won't like you.

More true of you than most.

Once again, you have no way of knowing that.

We *all* do know it.

You don't know squat.

We *all* know that more people despise you than like you.

I know that you are unemployed at age 61.

You turn the word unemployed into a pejorative. I'm not unemployed.
I'm
not working. They are not the same.

You were only ever marginally attached to the workforce anyway. You're
living off someone else's money; probably your parents'.

You have no information of my attachment to the workforce.

I do - you've revealed it, inadvertently of course.

You're Sgt. Schultz, you know nothing!

We know that you couldn't work if you wanted to - no skills, shaky work
history, no commitment.

What I live off is mine.

You didn't earn it. It's an inheritance, or a damages award, or
disability payout. You didn't earn it.

See what I mean, another of your goddamn lies.

You're living off some kind of unearned income, and you did *NOT* earn
the capital that is providing the return. Cut the ****, ****tard.

That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills.

Again, jumping to a conclusion with no evidence to support it.

There is evidence to support it. "Tennis bum" isn't really much of a
job
skill.

Yeah, tennis bum isn't a job skill. But where did you get the idea I was
a tennis bum?

You told us.

Add another lie to the growing list.

Nope. You told us. You bragged that you were a "tennis instructor."

But if I'm a paralegal, a former real estate agent, and a tennis
professional, and have a college degree, how could I possibly not
be a very knowledgeable person?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...342f1af3?hl=en

Well, the answer to the question is "easily": none of those things
requires much knowledge. But the key thing here is, you admitted to
being a ****ing tennis bum. "Instructor" is shorthand, or code, for
"bum" when it follows "tennis." This is a well-known fact.

You've never done anything that required much skill; not a knowledge
worker.

If you only had some evidence of that you might be right.

I do: your posts.

Your posts

We're talking about your posts, ham hock.

So you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world.

Cosmopolitan world citizen? No. More like an ordinary American.

More like an ordinary insular unsophisticated flyover country American.

If by that you mean a Midwesterner you're wrong again, as usual. I never
lived in the middle of the country except as a little boy.

You have always lived in the reddest part of a blue state. You live in
figurative flyover country.

How can anyone make so many assertions without any proof at all?

Chico = red flyover country

I know you live in Chico and spend a fair amount of time watching TV.

I do live in Chico but what is a fair amount of TV watching?

Excessive.

I don't watch TV excessively.

Bull****.

You masturbate excessively.

I don't masturbate at all, being married to an attractive woman who
still likes to get it on. But you *do* watch TV excessively.

I guess you missed the part where I said I had gone to numerous
colleges over the years, and lived on campus.

Oh, now it's "numerous" colleges, is it? And never graduating from any
of them until age 50+. *Now* we get a clearer picture of why you never
did anything: no stick-to-itiveness, no gumption; a dabbler and a
dilettante, just as I said.

You have no idea what I did or did not do.

I do know - you've told us. You said you attended "numerous" colleges,
but never were awarded a degree until you were over age 50. Your life
history, as *you* have revealed it here, is that of a dabbler, a
dilettante, a loser - someone who always was passively waiting for
someone to recognize a greatness that simply wasn't there and shower you
with riches.

But that is according to how you see it.

That is according to the facts, bitch.

As far as being a winner, you are unemployed living in Chico,
so that casts serious doubts on your being a winner.

What is your criteria for what you call a winner? You're unemployed
too
aren't you? Does that cast a doubt on your winning record?

I don't know what his criteria are for being a winner, but they don't
include being involuntarily out of the work force at age 61 in a hick
town.

FYI, Chico has been rated as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
so it's not a hick town.

It's a hick town.

I've been to hick towns plenty of times.

You live in a hick town.

Hable espanol?

If you had a ****ing clue, you ignorant douche, you'd know that it's
"¿Habla español?" But because you're an ignorant ****ing poseur, you
****ed it up. You **** everything up, Ptooey.

As for working, that is a matter of choice for me. I can or I can choose
not to.

I don't think you *can* "choose" to work, as you're basically
unemployable. You're living off the proceeds from capital you did not
earn.

Another one of your fantasies.

Nope. You're unemployable: no skills, bad work history, bad attitude,
bad work habits. You blow. You couldn't get the proverbial greeter job
at Wal-Mart.

[...]

Why would anyone believe your guesses?

Because they're educated guesses, they're conservative, and I have a
track record of being right about things like that.

The ones you make about me are always wrong.

They're spot-on right, and everyone knows it.

He's so afraid someone will discover the
real him that he goes to extreme lengths to hide all the facts about
himself.

I don't think he's "hiding" anything. Choosing not to reveal much isn't
hiding.

Your own revelation of your great shortcomings is unseemly.

The gutlessness you and Dan have put on display

No - neither one of us has shown gutlessness, you squat-to-**** do-nothing.

George Plimpton April 18th 12 05:15 AM

On 4/17/2012 7:03 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 4/17/2012 11:28 AM, jk wrote:

What I live off is mine.

But Dave, you have previously claimed that those who do that are at
best, "evil". You are living off of the work of others.
You are worse than the evil bosses who make 100X the hourly rate of
the employees,. Your marginal pay rate is infinite. You do no work,
and yet reap rewards. How could you as a fine upstanding, middle of
the road, far left, right leaning, liberally espousing, neo
conservative, gun toting, neoracist playboy, ever live with yourself.

What I said is that there is nothing wrong with inheriting something
from parents.

Ha ha ha ha ha! You're admitting that you're living off a capital fund
that you didn't earn.

By the way, both my parents are still alive. My Dad turned 88 on the
14th of the month. So much for me inheriting my parent's estate.

So, they passed their estate to you in trust.

One way or another, you're living off the proceeds of a capital that you
didn't earn. You're a ****ing hypocrite.

George Plimpton April 18th 12 05:17 AM

On 4/17/2012 7:07 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

It's not untrue. When I write that you're living off the returns to a
capital that you didn't earn, that's the truth. I don't know - or care
- if it's your parents' money, an inheritance from another relative, a
damages award (flim-flam if it is), a disability award - one way or
another, you're living off the returns of a capital sum that you did not
earn.

You're a ****ing hypocrite. Your values are horrible.

pyotr filipivich April 18th 12 05:50 PM

Imperfect but still useful analogy: Hawwke-Ptooey as the Cliff Barnes of r.c.m.

" on Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:32:33 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

What makes me a winner is that I do volunteer, do not whine, and do
not brag.

That is enough.

We'd all like a "better" situation, but that will not save you.

Is that enough about me?

"Twill do." B-)

I recognize that were I to win a lottery, I'd have solve the
current cash flow issues, but the rest of my problems would still be
there.

pyotr
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the

Hawke[_3_] April 19th 12 12:23 AM

On 4/17/2012 11:28 AM, jk wrote:

What I live off is mine.

But Dave, you have previously claimed that those who do that are at
best, "evil". You are living off of the work of others.
You are worse than the evil bosses who make 100X the hourly rate of
the employees,. Your marginal pay rate is infinite. You do no work,
and yet reap rewards. How could you as a fine upstanding, middle of
the road, far left, right leaning, liberally espousing, neo
conservative, gun toting, neoracist playboy, ever live with yourself.

What I said is that there is nothing wrong with inheriting something
from parents.

Ha ha ha ha ha! You're admitting that you're living off a capital fund
that you didn't earn.

Care to show us where it says that? You can't mean the sentence; (there
is nothing wrong with inheriting something from parents) means I that did.

By the way, both my parents are still alive. My Dad turned 88 on the
14th of the month. So much for me inheriting my parent's estate.

So, they passed their estate to you in trust.

Their estate is still in their possession. They are living. See if you
can figure it out. Or you can just fabricate something up like you
usually do.

One way or another, you're living off the proceeds of a capital that you
didn't earn. You're a ****ing hypocrite.

You have no idea what the **** you're talking about. You're just
throwing **** against the wall to see if any of it sticks. It doesn't so
you're left with nothing but **** on your hands.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 19th 12 12:52 AM

On 4/17/2012 9:13 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

So you say, but none of it passes the laugh test.

You were too inconsiderate and too self absorbed ever to get married
and
have a family. You remind me a lot of my younger brother, who did
marry
and spawn a couple of pups but shouldn't have. Women generally
detest my
brother, and I think most women detest you. You're everything women
hate
about men: a know-it-all, a braggart, a blowhard.

Every one of your statements is either an outright lie or it's a
fantasy
you created in your mind.

It's all true, every word of it.

Everything you write is false.

Nope. It's all true.

Fantasy!

No matter who you are there are people that won't like you.

More true of you than most.

Once again, you have no way of knowing that.

We *all* do know it.

You don't know squat.

We *all* know that more people despise you than like you.

Do we all know that the same way we know you are a miserable bum because
you achieved so little in your life?

[...]

You demanded proof when I told you Bob Dole used his office to get rich
from so it's only fair I ask the same from you. Where's you proof?
You're lying. You have none. Every word from you is a lie.

That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills.

Again, jumping to a conclusion with no evidence to support it.

There is evidence to support it. "Tennis bum" isn't really much of a
job
skill.

Yeah, tennis bum isn't a job skill. But where did you get the idea I
was
a tennis bum?

You told us.

Add another lie to the growing list.

Nope. You told us. You bragged that you were a "tennis instructor."

The term is tennis professional.

But if I'm a paralegal, a former real estate agent, and a tennis
professional, and have a college degree, how could I possibly not
be a very knowledgeable person?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...342f1af3?hl=en

Well, the answer to the question is "easily": none of those things
requires much knowledge. But the key thing here is, you admitted to
being a ****ing tennis bum. "Instructor" is shorthand, or code, for
"bum" when it follows "tennis." This is a well-known fact.

You're so full of **** it's ridiculous. The idea it takes little
knowledge to be a real estate agent, a paralegal, a tennis professional,
and be college educated is ludicrous. Then if you add all the knowledge
from those things together it's a huge amount of knowledge. And a tennis
professional is more than simply an instructor.

You've never done anything that required much skill; not a knowledge
worker.

You know how much skill I had as a tennis player? It was more than
anything you have accomplished in your whole life. You never had close
to the skill at anything that I had in tennis alone. Tell us what kind
of "knowledge worker" you are. It doesn't pay that much does it? So
obviously it's not real knowledge intensive is it. You're the sad sack.
If not tell me what is it that you do for a living. I'm sure I'm going
to be really impressed.

If you only had some evidence of that you might be right.

I do: your posts.

Your posts

We're talking about your posts, ham hock.

Posts are not evidence of anything. Unless you count the evidence that
your posts prove you're dumb.

So you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world.

Cosmopolitan world citizen? No. More like an ordinary American.

More like an ordinary insular unsophisticated flyover country
American.

If by that you mean a Midwesterner you're wrong again, as usual. I
never
lived in the middle of the country except as a little boy.

You have always lived in the reddest part of a blue state. You live in
figurative flyover country.

How can anyone make so many assertions without any proof at all?

Chico = red flyover country

Where do you live? Where in SoCal. I lived there for thirty years so I
know L.A. Where do you live, Pico Rivera? Commerce? San Berdoo,
Riverside? I know it's not in a good area. You're surrounded by Mexicans
aren't you?

I know you live in Chico and spend a fair amount of time watching
TV.

I do live in Chico but what is a fair amount of TV watching?

Excessive.

I don't watch TV excessively.

Bull****.

You masturbate excessively.

I don't masturbate at all, being married to an attractive woman who
still likes to get it on. But you *do* watch TV excessively.

If you're really married it's to an ugly fat pig and the only sex you
get is by yourself.

I guess you missed the part where I said I had gone to numerous
colleges over the years, and lived on campus.

Oh, now it's "numerous" colleges, is it? And never graduating from any
of them until age 50+. *Now* we get a clearer picture of why you never
did anything: no stick-to-itiveness, no gumption; a dabbler and a
dilettante, just as I said.

You have no idea what I did or did not do.

I do know - you've told us. You said you attended "numerous" colleges,
but never were awarded a degree until you were over age 50. Your life
history, as *you* have revealed it here, is that of a dabbler, a
dilettante, a loser - someone who always was passively waiting for
someone to recognize a greatness that simply wasn't there and shower you
with riches.

But that is according to how you see it.

That is according to the facts, bitch.

You make up the facts all by yourself, you big baby.

[...]

You're just mad because you're so jealous. Here I am living in a
beautiful little college town, doing as I please, and financially well
off so I don't need to work for a living. You live in a stinking, smog
filled, over crowded city, you have to work to live, you aren't retired
or set financially, you have a ****ty job, and you have a gross partner.
I'll take what I have over your crappy life any day of the week. I used
to live like you. It sucked and I got away to a far better life. I know
why you're jealous. Actually, I don't blame you for that. I do blame the
asshole part on you though.

As for working, that is a matter of choice for me. I can or I can
choose
not to.

I don't think you *can* "choose" to work, as you're basically
unemployable. You're living off the proceeds from capital you did not
earn.

Another one of your fantasies.

Nope. You're unemployable: no skills, bad work history, bad attitude,
bad work habits. You blow. You couldn't get the proverbial greeter job
at Wal-Mart.

Funny you bring that up because since you are too cowardly to tell us
how you make a living I'm thinking Walmart greeter is your job.

I don't think he's "hiding" anything. Choosing not to reveal much isn't
hiding.

Your own revelation of your great shortcomings is unseemly.

The gutlessness you and Dan have put on display

No - neither one of us has shown gutlessness, you squat-to-**** do-nothing.

Anyone can see for themselves that you are too cowardly to tell anyone
what you do for a living, how much you make, where you live, or anything
else. You know if you did it would be embarrassing. You're a little
mouse. You make a lot of noise but you don't back up anything. You're a
classic big talker. So you're small aren't you? What are you about 5'8"?
Probably never been in a fight in your life either. Clearly, you aren't
high in the courage department. So you make up by talking big. It
doesn't work for you.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 19th 12 12:59 AM

On 4/17/2012 8:28 PM, wrote:
On Apr 17, 11:01 pm, wrote:

I mean, how are you able to get internet
access and have a computer if you're so broke you live in a car? If you
really are doing something for others for free I would have a high
opinion of that. Unfortunately, at this point I have no idea if what you
say is true or if you are just screwing with me.

Hawke

Easy. Pretty much every library has computers for internet access.
The krl in the email address that Google has is short for Kitsap
Regional Library. The library used to let users dial in and access
the internet. I think they did that before there were any browsers.

Dan

So, Dan, how did a well educated engineer with a job at an aerospace
company like Boeing wind up where you are? It sounds like it would be an
interesting story and if you actually told the truth about yourself I
would have a much higher opinion of you. I don't care about how well
people do at being "successful". What I care about is what kind of
person a man is. I'd encourage you to not be afraid to come forward with
the truth. It beats hiding and making up stories about oneself the way
Plimpton does. I haven't lost anything by telling you and others about
myself. I doubt you would either.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 19th 12 01:06 AM

Imperfect but still useful analogy: Hawwke-Ptooey as the CliffBarnes of r.c.m.

On 4/17/2012 9:23 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

Funny how much that conflicts with the story about you being a college
educated engineer and knowledgeable about electronics, having worked at
Boeing, and have a lot of confidence based on what you have achieved in
life and the money you have put away over the years that you live on.

Does not conflict with it in the least.

Shut up you dumb ****. You don't know **** about this.

What makes me a winner is that I do volunteer, do not whine, and do
not brag.

You do come across as sounding awfully proud of yourself and
condescending to others.

He has good reason to be proud of his achievements, which far exceed
yours. He does not come across in the least as being condescending, but
you certainly do.

No that would be you. You're the loudmouth claiming to be so far
superior to me. But you never once show it. You're just a snot nosed
little punk trying to act like you're a big shot. You're a **** ant.

Is that enough about me?

That would be a good start except now I think you're making up stories

You have no rational basis for thinking that - nothing but your ****y,
bitchy attitude. You really are an effeminate bitch. I think you
probably didn't marry because you're a queer.

That would be normal thinking for you. Every damn thing out of your
mouth is wrong. You want to talk about queer? How about those married
guys with only one kid? What's with that? No sex drive or a closet
homosexual? Whatever it is it just shows what a weakling you are. I
would say you need to man up but what's the use? You aren't capable of it.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 19th 12 01:10 AM

On 4/17/2012 9:17 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

Tell everyone here how you know what I have earned and what I haven't.
If you can't then shut your mouth.

You're a ****ing hypocrite. Your values are horrible.

I have American values. No wonder you oppose them. You're an anti
American communist sympathizer. You have ties to al-Qaeda. You're broke
because all your money goes to support Mid East terrorist groups. You
hate real Americans.

Hawke

George Plimpton April 19th 12 01:31 AM

On 4/17/2012 11:28 AM, jk wrote:

What I live off is mine.

But Dave, you have previously claimed that those who do that are at
best, "evil". You are living off of the work of others.
You are worse than the evil bosses who make 100X the hourly rate of
the employees,. Your marginal pay rate is infinite. You do no work,
and yet reap rewards. How could you as a fine upstanding, middle of
the road, far left, right leaning, liberally espousing, neo
conservative, gun toting, neoracist playboy, ever live with yourself.

What I said is that there is nothing wrong with inheriting something
from parents.

Ha ha ha ha ha! You're admitting that you're living off a capital fund
that you didn't earn.

Care to show us where it says that?

You *are* doing that.

By the way, both my parents are still alive. My Dad turned 88 on the
14th of the month. So much for me inheriting my parent's estate.

So, they passed their estate to you in trust.

Their estate is still in their possession. They are living. See if you
can figure it out. Or you can just fabricate something up like you
usually do.

One way or another, you're living off the proceeds of a capital fund
that you did not earn. You did not save money from your meager earnings
as a tennis bum and unsuccessful paralegal and invest it so well that
you're now able to live off the dividends and interest of it. No, you
came by a large windfall somehow, and you're living off the proceeds of it.

One way or another, you're living off the proceeds of a capital that you
didn't earn. You're a ****ing hypocrite.

You have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

I do know what I'm talking about. You're a hypocrite.

George Plimpton April 19th 12 01:48 AM

On 4/18/2012 4:52 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

So you say,

And so it is.

You were too inconsiderate and too self absorbed ever to get married
and
have a family. You remind me a lot of my younger brother, who did
marry
and spawn a couple of pups but shouldn't have. Women generally
detest my
brother, and I think most women detest you. You're everything women
hate
about men: a know-it-all, a braggart, a blowhard.

Every one of your statements is either an outright lie or it's a
fantasy
you created in your mind.

It's all true, every word of it.

Everything you write is false.

Nope. It's all true.

Fantasy!

Nope - truth.

You were only ever marginally attached to the workforce anyway.
You're living off someone else's money; probably your parents'.

You have no information of my attachment to the workforce.

I do - you've revealed it, inadvertently of course.

You're Sgt. Schultz, you know nothing!

We know that you couldn't work if you wanted to - no skills, shaky work
history, no commitment.

What I live off is mine.

You didn't earn it. It's an inheritance, or a damages award, or
disability payout. You didn't earn it.

See what I mean, another of your goddamn lies.

You're living off some kind of unearned income, and you did *NOT* earn
the capital that is providing the return. Cut the ****, ****tard.

You demanded proof when I told you Bob Dole used his office to get rich
from

And you never supplied it, because there isn't any.

You did not save money and invest it and grow it to a sum that now
supplies enough dividends and interest for you to live off it. That's a
fact.

That seems to indicate you do not have a lot of
marketable skills.

Again, jumping to a conclusion with no evidence to support it.

There is evidence to support it. "Tennis bum" isn't really much of a
job
skill.

Yeah, tennis bum isn't a job skill. But where did you get the idea I
was
a tennis bum?

You told us.

Add another lie to the growing list.

Nope. You told us. You bragged that you were a "tennis instructor."

The term is tennis professional.

*YOU* said instructor, ****worm. That means tennis bum. A tennis
professional is someone who earns money playing tennis against Bjorn
Borg or Rafael Nadal, not someone who shows old ladies how to hit the
ball against a wall.

But if I'm a paralegal, a former real estate agent, and a tennis
professional, and have a college degree, how could I possibly not
be a very knowledgeable person?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...342f1af3?hl=en

Well, the answer to the question is "easily": none of those things
requires much knowledge. But the key thing here is, you admitted to
being a ****ing tennis bum. "Instructor" is shorthand, or code, for
"bum" when it follows "tennis." This is a well-known fact.

You're so full of **** it's ridiculous. The idea it takes little
knowledge to be a real estate agent, a paralegal, a tennis professional,
and be college educated is ludicrous.

It doesn't take much knowledge at all, and still less critical thinking
ability.

You've never done anything that required much skill; not a knowledge
worker.

You know how much skill I had as a tennis player? It was more than
anything you have accomplished in your whole life.

How come you never made any money at it? chortle

Jesus, is there no end to your absurd sports bragging? I swear you're
going to start telling us about the no-hitters you pitched, passing for
5,000 yards in a season, sparring with Ali and making him sweat - you're
just a ****ing clown is all.

If you only had some evidence of that you might be right.

I do: your posts.

Your posts

We're talking about your posts, ham hock.

Posts are not evidence of anything.

Your posts provide more than enough evidence to know that you're an
unaccomplished clown.

So you are probably not a cosmopolitan citizen of the world.

Cosmopolitan world citizen? No. More like an ordinary American.

More like an ordinary insular unsophisticated flyover country
American.

If by that you mean a Midwesterner you're wrong again, as usual. I
never
lived in the middle of the country except as a little boy.

You have always lived in the reddest part of a blue state. You live in
figurative flyover country.

How can anyone make so many assertions without any proof at all?

Chico = red flyover country

Where do you live? Where in SoCal. I lived there for thirty years so I
know L.A. Where do you live, Pico Rivera? Commerce? San Berdoo,
Riverside? I know it's not in a good area. You're surrounded by Mexicans
aren't you?

Left-wing bigotry on display, once again.

Try Pasadena, ****wipe - Madison Heights neighborhood. Look it up, Mr.
Real Estate Failure.

I know you live in Chico and spend a fair amount of time watching
TV.

I do live in Chico but what is a fair amount of TV watching?

Excessive.

I don't watch TV excessively.

Bull****.

You masturbate excessively.

I don't masturbate at all, being married to an attractive woman who
still likes to get it on. But you *do* watch TV excessively.

If you're really married it's to an ugly fat pig and the only sex you
get is by yourself.

You stupid queer.

Nope. *You* give us the rope to hang you, ****wit.

[...]

I have no reason to be jealous of an unemployable parasitic queer.

As for working, that is a matter of choice for me. I can or I can
choose
not to.

I don't think you *can* "choose" to work, as you're basically
unemployable. You're living off the proceeds from capital you did not
earn.

Another one of your fantasies.

Nope. You're unemployable: no skills, bad work history, bad attitude,
bad work habits. You blow. You couldn't get the proverbial greeter job
at Wal-Mart.

Funny you bring that up because since you are too cowardly to tell us
how you make a living I'm thinking Walmart greeter is your job.

You're wrong, of course. I work in IT for a large financial conglomerate.

I don't think he's "hiding" anything. Choosing not to reveal much isn't
hiding.

Your own revelation of your great shortcomings is unseemly.

The gutlessness you and Dan have put on display

No - neither one of us has shown gutlessness, you squat-to-****
do-nothing.

Anyone can see for themselves that you are too cowardly to tell anyone
what you do for a living

I've told it numerous times, blowjob.

George Plimpton April 19th 12 01:49 AM

On 4/18/2012 5:06 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 4/17/2012 9:23 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

Funny how much that conflicts with the story about you being a college
educated engineer and knowledgeable about electronics, having worked at
Boeing, and have a lot of confidence based on what you have achieved in
life and the money you have put away over the years that you live on.

Does not conflict with it in the least.

Shut up you dumb ****.

Why don't you try to make me shut up, you fat puffy queer.

What makes me a winner is that I do volunteer, do not whine, and do
not brag.

You do come across as sounding awfully proud of yourself and
condescending to others.

He has good reason to be proud of his achievements, which far exceed
yours. He does not come across in the least as being condescending, but
you certainly do.

No that would be you.

Wrong.

Is that enough about me?

That would be a good start except now I think you're making up stories

You have no rational basis for thinking that - nothing but your ****y,
bitchy attitude. You really are an effeminate bitch. I think you
probably didn't marry because you're a queer.

That would be normal thinking for you.

It's right. You're a fat puffy queer.

[email protected] April 19th 12 02:12 AM

On Apr 18, 7:59*pm, Hawke wrote:

So, Dan, how did a well educated engineer with a job at an aerospace
company like Boeing wind up where you are? It sounds like it would be an
interesting story and if you actually told the truth about yourself I
would have a much higher opinion of you. I don't care about how well
people do at being "successful". What I care about is what kind of
person a man is. I'd encourage you to not be afraid to come forward with
the truth. It beats hiding and making up stories about oneself the way
Plimpton does. I haven't lost anything by telling you and others about
myself. I doubt you would either.

Hawke

As I have said, I am not afraid of telling the truth, and I am not
hiding. I just am not into talking about myself. It is a very boring
topic to me.

Dan

George Plimpton April 19th 12 04:05 AM

On 4/18/2012 5:10 PM, Hawke wrote:
[...]

It doesn't matter where the unearned capital originated.

You're a ****ing hypocrite. Your values are horrible.

I have American values.

You don't; you have 100% anti-American values. Everything that made
America great - private enterprise, individualism, limited government -
you want to destroy. Everything that is now weakening America -
collectivism, parasitism, choking of business, self indulgence - you
promote.

Hawke[_3_] April 21st 12 04:34 AM

On 4/17/2012 11:28 AM, jk wrote:

What I live off is mine.

But Dave, you have previously claimed that those who do that are at
best, "evil". You are living off of the work of others.
You are worse than the evil bosses who make 100X the hourly rate of
the employees,. Your marginal pay rate is infinite. You do no work,
and yet reap rewards. How could you as a fine upstanding, middle of
the road, far left, right leaning, liberally espousing, neo
conservative, gun toting, neoracist playboy, ever live with yourself.

What I said is that there is nothing wrong with inheriting something
from parents.

Ha ha ha ha ha! You're admitting that you're living off a capital fund
that you didn't earn.

Care to show us where it says that?

You *are* doing that.

Yes, you do repeat yourself over and over but without facts it's
worthless. I never said I'm living off a capital fund I didn't earn. You
made that up. You don't know anything but that never stops you from
making foolish claims you can't prove. That is your bread and butter.

By the way, both my parents are still alive. My Dad turned 88 on the
14th of the month. So much for me inheriting my parent's estate.

So, they passed their estate to you in trust.

Their estate is still in their possession. They are living. See if you
can figure it out. Or you can just fabricate something up like you
usually do.

One way or another, you're living off the proceeds of a capital fund
that you did not earn. You did not save money from your meager earnings
as a tennis bum and unsuccessful paralegal and invest it so well that
you're now able to live off the dividends and interest of it. No, you
came by a large windfall somehow, and you're living off the proceeds of it.

Your stupid guesses are not going to shed any light on my financial
status. I told you that you get no more information about me until you
put up the facts about you. You're too cowardly to do that so from here
out all you can do is keep guessing.

One way or another, you're living off the proceeds of a capital that you
didn't earn. You're a ****ing hypocrite.

You have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

I do know what I'm talking about. You're a hypocrite.

You're just jealous of me. You're transparent. By now everyone here
knows your M.O. You just pretend to know things you couldn't possibly
know and just keep repeating yourself. Did they teach you that technique
at UCLA, which there is serious doubt you ever attended?

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 21st 12 06:48 AM

On 4/18/2012 6:12 PM, wrote:
On Apr 18, 7:59 pm, wrote:

So, Dan, how did a well educated engineer with a job at an aerospace
company like Boeing wind up where you are? It sounds like it would be an
interesting story and if you actually told the truth about yourself I
would have a much higher opinion of you. I don't care about how well
people do at being "successful". What I care about is what kind of
person a man is. I'd encourage you to not be afraid to come forward with
the truth. It beats hiding and making up stories about oneself the way
Plimpton does. I haven't lost anything by telling you and others about
myself. I doubt you would either.

Hawke

As I have said, I am not afraid of telling the truth, and I am not
hiding. I just am not into talking about myself. It is a very boring
topic to me.

Dan

Tell the truth, Dan, I feel pretty much the same. I don't like talking
about me and how great I am because I never felt like I was. In fact, if
I didn't have idiots constantly accusing me of everything you can think
of, I never would have said anything about myself. Now that Mr. Blimpie
is not coming clean about his life I'm not saying anymore about mine either.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 21st 12 06:54 AM

On 4/18/2012 5:49 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 4/18/2012 5:06 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 4/17/2012 9:23 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

Funny how much that conflicts with the story about you being a college
educated engineer and knowledgeable about electronics, having worked at
Boeing, and have a lot of confidence based on what you have achieved in
life and the money you have put away over the years that you live on.

Does not conflict with it in the least.

Shut up you dumb ****.

Why don't you try to make me shut up, you fat puffy queer.

I would be more than happy to shut your stinking pie hole for you any
time. I'm sure that I would have no trouble with a puny little twerp
like you. But you're a computer nerd so no one is afraid of guys like you.

What makes me a winner is that I do volunteer, do not whine, and do
not brag.

You do come across as sounding awfully proud of yourself and
condescending to others.

He has good reason to be proud of his achievements, which far exceed
yours. He does not come across in the least as being condescending, but
you certainly do.

No that would be you.

Wrong.

Is that enough about me?

That would be a good start except now I think you're making up stories

You have no rational basis for thinking that - nothing but your ****y,
bitchy attitude. You really are an effeminate bitch. I think you
probably didn't marry because you're a queer.

That would be normal thinking for you.

It's right. You're a fat puffy queer.

But one you couldn't last 3 minutes against. How about you come and
visit Chico this summer and you can drop by and show me what a tough guy
you aren't. I'm here all the time. But we know you never would because
the only kind of fighter you are is a keyboard warrior.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] April 21st 12 06:58 AM

On 4/18/2012 8:05 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

Listen to all that silly, worthless, rightwing propaganda. You sound
like a right wing talk radio show host. One that avoided military
service and now is for every war that comes along. You're an ignorant
bumpkin. I hope you're good at your job because you have shown over and
over you don't know much about anything else.

Hawke

Too_Many_Tools April 21st 12 08:04 PM

Hawk...the Bearer of Truth

On Apr 12, 1:57*pm, George Plimpton wrote:
[...]

I personally enjoy Hawk's posts...insightful, intelligent and fair.

Of course that would mean any conservative hates him.

Tough Sh*t

TMT