Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to make a speedbump-like concrete dam?

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 19:52:52 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Ignoramus17081 wrote:

(...)

My neighbor runs a concrete company and he ran out of space. He parks
a truck on my property in exchange for snowplowing my yard.

Careful, Iggy.
http://www.amariandlocallo.com/pdf/R...on_Article.pdf

My neighbors lost half an acre to that a couple years ago. The other
neighbor just took them to court and stole the farkin' land out from
under them. They had allowed the mule to browse there and both
neighbors put in a garden and both worked it. Then the neighbor bitch
divorced her husband and stole her neighbor's land. sigh

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:05:46 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

My neighbors lost half an acre to that a couple years ago. The other
neighbor just took them to court and stole the farkin' land out from
under them. They had allowed the mule to browse there and both
neighbors put in a garden and both worked it. Then the neighbor bitch
divorced her husband and stole her neighbor's land.sigh

Gaaah!

It cost them over thirteen thousand dollars to lose that land, too.
$3.5k for the original survey, $10k for an attorney. Oh, and $2k for
fencing to keep the effin c off their land in the future.

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:05:46 -0700,
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

My neighbors lost half an acre to that a couple years ago. The other
neighbor just took them to court and stole the farkin' land out from
under them. They had allowed the mule to browse there and both
neighbors put in a garden and both worked it. Then the neighbor bitch
divorced her husband and stole her neighbor's land.sigh

Gaaah!

It cost them over thirteen thousand dollars to lose that land, too.
$3.5k for the original survey, $10k for an attorney. Oh, and $2k for
fencing to keep the effin c off their land in the future.

Dayum.

When replacing a 50' fence on our present property
(first iteration), the handyman pointed out a 1'
(12") lateral "jog" which expanded our neighbor's
yard into ours. After inspecting the deed, we
agreed that the fence should be along the property
line instead. He put the new fence straight, in
it's proper place. It looks better this way.

--Winston -- No lawyers were paid in the production
of this special presentation.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:11:02 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:05:46 -0700,
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

[...]

After putting up the fence, other neighbors complained that it was in
the right-of-way of the lane next door. They had to move it 1" to 1'
in from the existing point, despite County Planning OKing the original
placement, at an additional $1,350 cost.

A good friend of the land stealer owns the property behind me. What
was once pasture land (with a small barn) now has 7 horses on it, and
a pile of **** that's often 4' deep and 30x15'. This last year, she
tripled the size of the barn so it now occupies almost the entire view
from my sliding door in the dining room. She had originally OKed me to
drop my trees onto the pasture but one day I came home to find a
scraped area directly next to my fence. She put in a horse arena and
said "Oh, no, you can't mess up my arena." The rest of the neighbors
here are friendly and supportive. There's just that bad nest of 'em.

--Winston -- No lawyers were paid in the production
of this special presentation.

Y'all lucked out.

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

After putting up the fence, other neighbors complained that it was in
the right-of-way of the lane next door. They had to move it 1" to 1'
in from the existing point, despite County Planning OKing the original
placement, at an additional $1,350 cost.

Yeow!

A good friend of the land stealer owns the property behind me. What
was once pasture land (with a small barn) now has 7 horses on it, and
a pile of **** that's often 4' deep and 30x15'.

I hope you are upwind.

This last year, she tripled the size of the barn so it now occupies
almost the entire view from my sliding door in the dining room.

TV projection screen for free!

She had originally OKed me to drop my trees onto the pasture but one
day I came home to find a scraped area directly next to my fence.
She put in a horse arena and said "Oh, no, you can't mess up my arena."
The rest of the neighbors here are friendly and supportive.
There's just that bad nest of 'em.

Yuk.

--Winston-- No lawyers were paid in the production
of this special presentation.

Y'all lucked out.

Yup. It could have been unpleasant and costly.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:27:09 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

After putting up the fence, other neighbors complained that it was in
the right-of-way of the lane next door. They had to move it 1" to 1'
in from the existing point, despite County Planning OKing the original
placement, at an additional $1,350 cost.

Yeow!

A good friend of the land stealer owns the property behind me. What
was once pasture land (with a small barn) now has 7 horses on it, and
a pile of **** that's often 4' deep and 30x15'.

I hope you are upwind.

For about 90% of every day, I am.

Luckily, they just moved it this week and filled in the area with
gravel and sand. I'm hoping the rainy weather ahead will reduce what's
under there to an unnoticeable amount as far as scent goes.

I have no idea where they moved it, but a trailer is out there now.
I'm hoping it's the new storage area. It's slightly downwind of me
and may cure most of the aromatics...

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

I have no idea where they moved it, but a trailer is out there now.
I'm hoping it's the new storage area. It's slightly downwind of me
and may cure most of the aromatics...

The 'downwind neighbor' prolly has some info about
why the pile was moved.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 16:24:34 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

I have no idea where they moved it, but a trailer is out there now.
I'm hoping it's the new storage area. It's slightly downwind of me
and may cure most of the aromatics...

The 'downwind neighbor' prolly has some info about
why the pile was moved.

The downwind neighbor is a tenant. The owner doesn't live there, she
just terrifies^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hraises and trains horses there.