Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to make a speedbump-like concrete dam?

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 20:24:30 -0500, Ignoramus21718
wrote:

My factory building has two bay type garage doors.

One of them faces a parking lot, which happens to be so very slightly
above the floor level inside the building. So, during a rain, wates
ingresses the building.

I knew about it when I bought the place and this is basically not that
big of a deal, as water goes into a drain, and it is not a lot of
it.

The place used to have an asphalt speedbump-like dam, that let trucks
drive over it and yet kept water out of the building. That structure
is in shambles now and, so, water gets in.

I would like to do it the right way, to keep water out, and to be able
to drive over it. What should I do, call a concrete guy, asphalt guy,
DIY, or what?

What sort of structure has a good chance of having a long life
expectancy and keep water out?

Find a local road crew fixing roads and tell them where they can dump
their excess hot asphalt when they're done there. Then DIY with
kerosene/diesel-coated tools and rubber boots. You don't want to haul
hot asphalt in the back of your truck or trailer. Too messy.

--
Every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are
based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that