Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to make a speedbump-like concrete dam?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:27:09 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

After putting up the fence, other neighbors complained that it was in
the right-of-way of the lane next door. They had to move it 1" to 1'
in from the existing point, despite County Planning OKing the original
placement, at an additional $1,350 cost.

Yeow!

A good friend of the land stealer owns the property behind me. What
was once pasture land (with a small barn) now has 7 horses on it, and
a pile of **** that's often 4' deep and 30x15'.

I hope you are upwind.

For about 90% of every day, I am.

Luckily, they just moved it this week and filled in the area with
gravel and sand. I'm hoping the rainy weather ahead will reduce what's
under there to an unnoticeable amount as far as scent goes.

I have no idea where they moved it, but a trailer is out there now.
I'm hoping it's the new storage area. It's slightly downwind of me
and may cure most of the aromatics...

--
Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt