Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Naptha?

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha. Gasoline has
longer chain molecules than naptha, but you could try it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

anorton wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha.

Yeah, that stuff is gone from store shelves as well.

Gasoline has longer chain molecules than naptha, but you
could try it.

OK, Thanks!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

anorton wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha. Gasoline has
longer chain molecules than naptha, but you could try it.

Camp stove / lantern fuel might be a viable substitute that would be
better than highway gasoline.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
anorton wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha.

Yeah, that stuff is gone from store shelves as well.

Gasoline has longer chain molecules than naptha, but you
could try it.

Coleman fuel AKA white gas

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

I've never had a problem removing such grease with "purple" industrial
degreaser.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

anorton wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha.

Yeah, that stuff is gone from store shelves as well.

Try a tobacco / cigar shop. Zippo lighters are still around and people
still use fuel in them. I know I've seen lighter fluid at both gas
station convenience stores and at the front service / cig desk at
regular grocery stores.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Winston wrote:

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

I've never had a problem removing such grease with "purple" industrial
degreaser.

Hydroxide based spray oven cleaners work quite well on stainless.

And yet another source for small quantities of naptha is ronson lighter
fluid.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 09:28:30 -0700, Winston
wrote:

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

Is there a Rockler's near you?
http://www.amazon.com/Rockler-VM-P-N.../dp/B001G9TGQI
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:

If it's not aluminum, _real_ oven cleaner (e.g., E-Z Off (sp?)) works
great. It's lye, so that's why it's not to be used on aluminum.
Likewise, when used on a cook top, over spray needs to be wiped up
immediately (it removes paint, too).

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

Coleman fuel AKA white gas

Forgive my faux pas.

I didn't mention that I wasn't able to locate this stuff
under any of it's synonyms, either.
White Spirit
Coleman Fuel
White Gas (I remember when that was available at the *gas station*.
Etc etc.

Thanks!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

anorton wrote:

wrote in message
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha. Gasoline has
longer chain molecules than naptha, but you could try it.

Camp stove / lantern fuel might be a viable substitute that would be
better than highway gasoline.

I agree. It's unobtainium here in SF Bay Area.
Thanks!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

Winston wrote:

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

I've never had a problem removing such grease with "purple" industrial
degreaser.

Normal grease is easy. A little alcohol or paint thinner and
it comes right up. A few applications of commodity spray
cleaner gets it, too.

Grease that been baked on is pretty much immune to alcohol or
paint thinner or any of the degreasing cleaners I've tried.
Anything short of naptha or a wire brush gets
laughed off. I figure it's a chemical thing.

Thanks!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

Winston wrote:

(...)

Yeah, that stuff is gone from store shelves as well.

Try a tobacco / cigar shop. Zippo lighters are still around and people
still use fuel in them. I know I've seen lighter fluid at both gas
station convenience stores and at the front service / cig desk at
regular grocery stores.

I will give that a whirl, but I am pessimistic.

Like you, I used to see cans and cans of this stuff
in it's various names available practically everywhere.
I should have bought several gallons! Fiddle.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

anorton wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Time to move to the free world...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

Hydroxide based spray oven cleaners work quite well on stainless.

Hmmm. That is a thought. Thanks!

And yet another source for small quantities of naptha is ronson lighter
fluid.

Yup. I see that 'naptha' as such and 'as re-labeled' is still available
in other parts of the country. I don't want to pay shipping, hazmat
fee, special transport permit....etc.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Winston wrote:

[...]

I've used the purple degreaser to remove years of grease buildup from a
Hobart mixer, and buildup on baking sheets and waffle irons. The purple
stuff is lye based and will dissolve bodies if the need arises.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

Coleman fuel AKA white gas

Forgive my faux pas.

I didn't mention that I wasn't able to locate this stuff
under any of it's synonyms, either.
White Spirit
Coleman Fuel
White Gas (I remember when that was available at the *gas station*.
Etc etc.

Thanks!

--Winston

I bought some just a few years ago at Home Depot. I'd also try a big paint
store. Have you looked for Coleman Fuel at a chain sporting goods store?
Target has it here.

However, as a solvent, it's pretty close to gasoline.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

Is there a Rockler's near you?
http://www.amazon.com/Rockler-VM-P-N.../dp/B001G9TGQI

Holy Crap! 58 dollarettes a gallon!

Ahem. Sorry Don.

I see the nearest Rockler's is a 110 mile round trip.
I am playing in the wrong corner again.

Thanks!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Winston wrote:
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:

If it's not aluminum, _real_ oven cleaner (e.g., E-Z Off (sp?)) works
great. It's lye, so that's why it's not to be used on aluminum.
Likewise, when used on a cook top, over spray needs to be wiped up
immediately (it removes paint, too).

Thanks, Bob.

I will give that a try.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

Winston wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

(...)

Camp stove / lantern fuel might be a viable substitute that would be
better than highway gasoline.

I agree. It's unobtainium here in SF Bay Area.
Thanks!

Time to move to the free world...

They have *weather* in the free world. (Shudder).

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

(....)

I've used the purple degreaser to remove years of grease buildup from a
Hobart mixer, and buildup on baking sheets and waffle irons. The purple
stuff is lye based and will dissolve bodies if the need arises.

That is the best recommendation I've ever seen!

OK, Purple cleaner and Oven cleaner are next to try.

Thanks!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

I bought some just a few years ago at Home Depot. I'd also try a big paint
store. Have you looked for Coleman Fuel at a chain sporting goods store?
Target has it here.

Apparently, it just evaporated locally.
My local sporting goods store lists only shoes, sleeping bags
and LED lanterns under the 'Coleman' brand. Perhaps
it is worth a drive out there for some face time.

I get nothing but 'deer in the headlights' looks when I ask about
'naptha' at the same darned stores where I used to buy gallons of
the stuff for ~$7.00 then ~$9.00 then ~ $14.95.
Even the Pro paint store clerks now act like they never sold the
stuff! What the heck?

However, as a solvent, it's pretty close to gasoline.

Purple cleaner, oven cleaner, gasoline are next to try.

Thanks, Ed.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Winston wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

(...)

Camp stove / lantern fuel might be a viable substitute that would be
better than highway gasoline.

I agree. It's unobtainium here in SF Bay Area.
Thanks!

Time to move to the free world...

They have *weather* in the free world. (Shudder).

Dunno, I like it here in Texas, particularly the weather. I've been to
SF a few times and it's certainly had "weather" when I've been there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

Winston wrote:

(...)

They have *weather* in the free world. (Shudder).

Dunno, I like it here in Texas, particularly the weather. I've been to
SF a few times and it's certainly had "weather" when I've been there.

Heck, that's The City.
"The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."
--Attributed, probably falsely to Mark Twain.

Fine sourdough and chowder, though.

Most of the Bay Area has a very moderate climate and very
reasonable humidity.

--Winston -- Low humility, too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

[...]

FWIW, as a purple cleaner, oven cleaner, and gasoline user, I'd try them in
that order, unless you don't mind the gasoline fumes, in which case that
would be second.

I mix my own oven cleaner for cleaning my charcoal grill but it's a bugger
to get straight lye these days. The only over-the-counter retail source I've
seen identified by others is Roebic Crystal Drain Cleaner, which I buy from
Lowe's at $11.00 for two pounds ouch!! It's now $1.98 for two pounds
online, under different names, but then I pay $10 shipping. d8-(

I do buy 20 pounds or so at a time online once in a while. You want 100%
sodium hydroxide crystals or pellets; mix 20% with water by weight; dump in
some diatomaceous earth to make it stick a little to the grill. You can use
potassium hydroxide but it's more expensive.

Mix 40% for cleaning drains, and stand back...At 40%, it's like thin syrup.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...t-thinners/vm-...

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. *Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? *Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

At a guess, you're in CA and CARB has struck yet again at the VOC
chimera. Gasoline isn't a substitute for paint prep, even the
leadless stuff you get these days has additives. Also a lot more
hazardous to use as a solvent. In other, less controlled areas of the
country, V.M. & P. naptha is on the hardware store shelves, although
not as cheap as it used to be before the present oil-supply
manipulations. If there are any left out there, you might see what
the body shop suppliers sell for paint prep. Probably water-based,
but it might do a job of degreasing. For cooking greases, lye-based
cleaners work, assuming no aluminum in the area. I get dollar store
oven cleaner to clean off the stainless parts of the grill. Just need
to let it set more the longer the stuff has been cooked on. For wheel
bearing grease and the like, it's already soap, lye won't do much for
that and you'll need some kind of solvent. Finding one in CA that
CARB hasn't banned will be the trick.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:

http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Ronsonol or Zippo lighter fluid. It's almost pure naphtha - it will
even get gum out of hair.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
anorton wrote:
"Winston" wrote in message

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:

http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha.

Yeah, that stuff is gone from store shelves as well.

Try the local tobacconist, if they haven't yet banned tobacco in
your area.

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

Coleman fuel AKA white gas

Forgive my faux pas.

I didn't mention that I wasn't able to locate this stuff
under any of it's synonyms, either.
White Spirit
Coleman Fuel
White Gas (I remember when that was available at the *gas station*.
Etc etc.

"White gas" was just unleaded, which they all have now, but before
I tried gasoline, and if you really really can't find any lighter
fluid, I'd try acetone or MEK (Methyl-ethyl ketone).

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
anorton wrote:
wrote in message
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:

http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha. Gasoline has
longer chain molecules than naptha, but you could try it.

Camp stove / lantern fuel might be a viable substitute that would be
better than highway gasoline.

I agree. It's unobtainium here in SF Bay Area.
Thanks!

SF Bay? Hey, just contact John Larkin and see if he'd let you use
his vapor degreaser! ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Winston wrote:
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:

If it's not aluminum, _real_ oven cleaner (e.g., E-Z Off (sp?)) works
great. It's lye, so that's why it's not to be used on aluminum.
Likewise, when used on a cook top, over spray needs to be wiped up
immediately (it removes paint, too).

I once heard about a guy who washed his lawnmower with Tide (laundry
detergent) and all the paint fell off. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

[...]

I chase after lye now and then for anodizing prep. For cleaning a grill
or smoker, my preference is a pressure washer. A pressure washer works
quite well with just water and if you really need to you can feed some
purple on the chemical feed after doing a pre-wash, let that work a bit
and then post-wash to remove the remaining residue. I don't generally
find the degreaser is necessary.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:

Winston wrote:
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

(...)

Coleman fuel AKA white gas

Forgive my faux pas.

I didn't mention that I wasn't able to locate this stuff
under any of it's synonyms, either.
White Spirit
Coleman Fuel
White Gas (I remember when that was available at the *gas station*.
Etc etc.

"White gas" was just unleaded, which they all have now, but before
I tried gasoline, and if you really really can't find any lighter
fluid, I'd try acetone or MEK (Methyl-ethyl ketone).

Good Luck!
Rich

"White gas", is similar to unleaded, but a bit more refined and without
the additives in unleaded highway gas.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
Winston wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
Winston wrote:
Pete C. wrote:

(...)

Camp stove / lantern fuel might be a viable substitute that would be
better than highway gasoline.
I agree. It's unobtainium here in SF Bay Area.
Thanks!
Time to move to the free world...

They have *weather* in the free world. (Shudder).

Dunno, I like it here in Texas, particularly the weather. I've been to
SF a few times and it's certainly had "weather" when I've been there.

+1

It's warm here now.
Don't have any problem with frostbite.
One less thing to worry about!

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 11:48:16 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

anorton wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

Lighter fluid is (or at least used to be) mainly naptha. Gasoline has
longer chain molecules than naptha, but you could try it.

Camp stove / lantern fuel might be a viable substitute that would be
better than highway gasoline.

Coleman fuel is high quality naptha..just a heads up.

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote in
:

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:
http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...thinners/vm-an
d-p-naphtha-thinner-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

I've had very good luck with "lacquer thinner" from a paint store. Lots of
folks have mentioned lighter fluid, and that works very well, but it's a
bit less agressive than lacquer thinner. Your problem may be that
California has banned almost any volatile solvent known to man. They are
know to cause brain damage in politicians. Ooops, too late...

Doug White
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Winston" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)

[...]

That sounds good. Sometimes I wish I had one of those washers.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
Pete C. wrote:
Winston wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
Winston wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
(...)

Camp stove / lantern fuel might be a viable substitute that would be
better than highway gasoline.
I agree. It's unobtainium here in SF Bay Area.
Thanks!
Time to move to the free world...
They have *weather* in the free world. (Shudder).

Dunno, I like it here in Texas, particularly the weather. I've been to
SF a few times and it's certainly had "weather" when I've been there.

+1

It's warm here now.

It was 97 F a few hours ago here. Tomorrow, 100 F.

It feels like Texas, without the armadillos.

--
Ed Huntress

Don't have any problem with frostbite.
One less thing to worry about!

[...]