Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finger in the dyke time

Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

I think I'm just going to lay in a corner and do nothing, or find a cub who
I can teach and have him/her do it all. If it is a her, she has meet
certain "requirements."

Time to get busy.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Finger in the dike, or the dyke?
First one sounds like no fun at all.
Second one could be and might help get your mind off the first...

Just trying to inject a bit of levity.
This getting old **** sucks, eh?

DO ask a lot of questions on hip replacements. Wife had one installed
some 6 years ago and it was dodgy from day one. It was replaced last
November and new one is already almost as bad as the first. Sends a
chill down my spine when it squeaks like a rusty door hinge.
She is NOT happy...

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson pretended :
Finger in the dike, or the dyke?
First one sounds like no fun at all.
Second one could be and might help get your mind off the first...

Just trying to inject a bit of levity.
This getting old **** sucks, eh?

DO ask a lot of questions on hip replacements. Wife had one installed some 6
years ago and it was dodgy from day one. It was replaced last November and
new one is already almost as bad as the first. Sends a chill down my spine
when it squeaks like a rusty door hinge.
She is NOT happy...

Jon

Must have been made by a baby powder manufactureer, they have warennty
claims against them in Australia recently.
Look on the good side I have one body 76, one hip 22 and one hip 19
years.
The hips are generally better than the rest of the body and have never
given any trouble.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/14/2011 3:30 PM, John G wrote:

Must have been made by a baby powder manufactureer, they have warennty
claims against them in Australia recently.

The Depuy implant is being recalled, but that's not the one she has.
Hers are something fairly new, ceramic on ceramic, and the surgeon said
it just plain failed. I know the ball was replaced, he showed it to her,
not sure if the socket was actually replaced. Wonder what he's going to
have to say about this one... She might pursue legal action on this, AND
insist on a different implant.
Going to suck if they have to replace the the whole thing, she has other
medical issues that make a full replacement something of a gamble WRT
full recovery, losing the leg is a possibility. She's the equivalent of
a full RN here and really knows her stuff. She knows exactly what she's
facing and her odds. Not fun.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve the Boob wrote:
Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

ROFL! And just 6 weeks ago you were lamenting...

"Too bad we can't have some of these conversations face to face and say
these things in a forum where they can be followed up with in depth
physical male discourse........." - Steve the Boob, 3/31/2011

I think I'm just going to lay in a corner and do nothing, or find a cub who
I can teach and have him/her do it all. If it is a her, she has meet
certain "requirements."

You mean like be able to lift you onto a stretcher?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 May 2011 22:12:02 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

I think I'm just going to lay in a corner and do nothing, or find a cub who
I can teach and have him/her do it all. If it is a her, she has meet
certain "requirements."

Time to get busy.

Steve

Greetings Steve,
A friend of mine has had bone spur issues in his neck for some time.
The operation to fix it was to be very risky and complex with a long
recovery time. I had something similar done in my lower back so he
knew what to expect and he put it off. Now there is a robotic assisted
procedure for his problem available. So he will be having bone spurs
removed from his neck in what is almost an office visit. He will
arrive about 10:00 AM and go home about 4:00 PM. The previous method
would have required a week stay in the hospital with a 4 month
revovery time. So maybe you could find out if robotic assisted surgery
will make relief possible for you.
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote:

[...]

A bit late now, but it's clear you are better off to stick with what
you've got even if it is deteriorating, and of course it's good to try
to take care of what you've got before it deteriorates.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 May 2011 00:00:43 -0700, Beryl wrote:

teve the Boob wrote:
Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

ROFL! And just 6 weeks ago you were lamenting...

"Too bad we can't have some of these conversations face to face and say
these things in a forum where they can be followed up with in depth
physical male discourse........." - Steve the Boob, 3/31/2011

Feryl....Id pay good money to see Steve beat you to death. And he
could/would do it.

Afterwards...he may have to go lay down..but you would still be a
shattered and bloody corpse.

You ****tards dont have a clue what actual men are capable of doing.

I watched a guy with both of his feet blown completely off, run like a
rabbit on the stumps 200+ yrds and dive into a helicopter and then start
returning automatic weapons fire and nearly bleed to death before we
got him shut down.

Pussy bois like you really really dont have a clue, do you?

Far too many people have made similar mistakes with lots of survivors of
their cluster ****s.

Snicker....you wont even die well

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Aschcan:

teve the Boob wrote:
Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

ROFL! And just 6 weeks ago you were lamenting...

"Too bad we can't have some of these conversations face to face and say
these things in a forum where they can be followed up with in depth
physical male discourse........." - Steve the Boob, 3/31/2011

Feryl....Id pay good money to see Steve beat you to death.

Yes, of course. And I'd give my Aston Martin to see a Brachiosaur
weedwack my yard.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Aschcan:

teve the Boob wrote:
Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.
ROFL! And just 6 weeks ago you were lamenting...

"Too bad we can't have some of these conversations face to face and say
these things in a forum where they can be followed up with in depth
physical male discourse........." - Steve the Boob, 3/31/2011

Feryl....Id pay good money to see Steve beat you to death.

Yes, of course. And I'd give my Aston Martin to see a Brachiosaur
weedwack my yard.

Humorous change..but still a fantasy world you live in.

In fact..Id loan Steve the piece of pipe he would kill you with.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord
compression. Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

I think I'm just going to lay in a corner and do nothing, or find a cub
who
I can teach and have him/her do it all. If it is a her, she has meet
certain "requirements."

Time to get busy.

Are ya gonna hire an illegal Mexican to change your diapers?

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Beryl wrote:

You mean like be able to lift you onto a stretcher?

Nah, like suck his soft-on.

Signed,
Bobo the Chimp

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

teve the Boob wrote:
Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord
compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding
my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

ROFL! And just 6 weeks ago you were lamenting...

"Too bad we can't have some of these conversations face to face and say
these things in a forum where they can be followed up with in depth
physical male discourse........." - Steve the Boob, 3/31/2011

Beryl, I'll respond to your response since I have you blocked, and don't
read you directly.

I go and out of the kindness of my heart, pick up guys at Home Depot and
such who have signs, DON'T WANT A HANDOUT, JUST WORK. The last two, I
brought out here to the ranch, put them up in a motorhome, fed them, and
within two days worked their asses into the ground while trying to follow me
and do as I do, not as I tell them to do. The last one was very shaky when
I dropped him at the State Liquor Store. The one before him was a young
strapping lad of 20 or so, and he just said, "Take me back to town, I can't
do this." I can still get more done on a bad day than most men can on a
good one.

This world is not for the feeble. The ones who sit back and talk about what
needs to get done. It's a real man's world for real men who get in there,
and see who falls out of line first. In the real world of real men, yes,
there are some who don't make the finish line, but they don't quit. They
will always put out 105% of their capacity, even on a bad day.

As per my comment about meeting people face to face, I've never had a
problem with that in my lifetime, only twice ever letting my mouth overload
my ass, and mostly finding out that good talkers make lousy fighters. I
love to just smack the **** out of them in midsentence. It's the quiet ones
who are really dangerous. The ones who just explode. You would be one of
the loud talkers, and I would guess our encounter would not go as long as a
good bull ride.

If all you have to do is go back and dredge through Google, you must have
one very sad pathetic existence. Mine is only a shadow of what it once was,
but I still get out there, and get it done until I either pass out or fall
down.

There is no glory in just standing back and making commentary.

Any time, any place, asshole. I'm not hard to find.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve Boob:

Any time, any place, asshole. I'm not hard to find.

You like to swim? Ocean's only 15-20 minutes away. Come on over.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 May 2011 20:21:24 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

.. .

teve the Boob wrote:
[...]

As I stated...Feryl would die poorly.

And Ive never met Steve. But I know thousands of guys like him, who
will simply put Feryl in the ground..deep... and then go have a burger.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 14 May 2011 21:20:36 -0700, Beryl wrote:

Steve Boob:

Any time, any place, asshole. I'm not hard to find.

You like to swim? Ocean's only 15-20 minutes away. Come on over.

So you are running from your death. Pity about that.

But its hardly unexpected. Leftwingers are all mouth and no ass.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Some jobs Mexicans just won't do.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rich Grise" wrote in message

Are ya gonna hire an illegal Mexican to change your
diapers?

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sounds like no fun. I'm going in that direction, recovering
from a pinched nerve in my arm. Want me to put you on the
prayer roll at the temple?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal
cord compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces
when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

I think I'm just going to lay in a corner and do nothing, or
find a cub who
I can teach and have him/her do it all. If it is a her, she
has meet
certain "requirements."

Time to get busy.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rash:
wrote:

Any time, any place, asshole. I'm not hard to find.

Steve

As I stated...Feryl would die poorly.

And Ive never met Steve.

Steve expressed some interest in driving out to your dump. (Probably
ought to get a tetanus booster first, of course.)
He even called you Bubba once, but you failed to reply. Why don't you
invite him over? You two could give each other sponge baths. Then stop
by here on your next L.A. trip. I'd like to drown you both.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rash:
wrote:

Any time, any place, asshole. I'm not hard to find.

Steve

As I stated...Feryl would die poorly.

And Ive never met Steve.

Steve expressed some interest in driving out to your dump. (Probably
ought to get a tetanus booster first, of course.)
He even called you Bubba once, but you failed to reply. Why don't you
invite him over? You two could give each other sponge baths. Then stop
by here on your next L.A. trip. I'd like to drown you both.

Now Feryl...what do you think your chances would be of drowning one of
us, let alone 2 would be?

Zero.

Either of us would simply butcher you like a fatted calf and leave you
hanging head down from a light fixture, bleeding out into a 5 gallon
bucket.

Personally...Id rather skin you alive and then break both of your arms
and legs in multiple places with a 3lb shop hammer, then drag you into
the bath tub and leave you tied in place, still alive in a
supersaturated tub filled with salt water. Might even feel sorry for
you at the end..and consider a timed burn of the house..set for a number
of hours after leaving.

But...shrug..I have an evil streak from days gone by..saw and did lots
of bad stuff way back when...shrug again....

Now Steve, is more likely to be a far more humane person than I
admittedly am, so he would likely snuff you like a rabbit in a trap and
leave you in a dumpster..or hanging from that ceiling fixture as a
demonstration for your friends and ilk.

Lets hope you dont become a bigger target than you already are. I have
lots of friends all over the country..and a few of them owe me favors.

Some of those old boys make me look mighty tame by comparison.

Iregardless...the only thing you would beg for..would be for your heart
to explode and the pain to end. And some of us..can make pain last like
an art treasure.

I learned my applications of pain from the Jari mercenaries I ran
with..and from others in later years....

Some of those boys were artisans. Truely.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 May 2011 16:13:37 -0700, Beryl wrote:

Personally...Id rather skin you alive and then break both of your arms
and legs in multiple places with a 3lb shop hammer, then drag you into
the bath tub and leave you tied in place, still alive in a
supersaturated tub filled with salt water. Might even feel sorry for
you at the end..and consider a timed burn of the house..set for a number
of hours after leaving.

Jesus, Gunner. Get a job or something, will you? You have too much time on
your hands for your Buddhist fantasies to run amok.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord
compression. Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when
folding my legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

I think I'm just going to lay in a corner and do nothing, or find a
cub who I can teach and have him/her do it all. If it is a her, she
has meet certain "requirements."

Time to get busy.

Steve

find a different doc. here's the one i used when i had my neck fusion:

http://www.sonoranspine.com/Dennis_Crandall_MD.aspx

it's said that people come to him for their 2nd surgeries to fix problems
caused by their first surgeons. i can't recommend him highly enough.

regards,
charlie
phx, az

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/14/2011 7:54 AM, Pete C. wrote:

A bit late now, but it's clear you are better off to stick with what
you've got even if it is deteriorating, and of course it's good to try
to take care of what you've got before it deteriorates.

If you mean her natural hip, not an option. It was essentially destroyed
beyond repair in an accident.
Choices were 1)implant, 2)amputate.
Easy choice in my book...

Jon