Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finger in the dyke time

On Fri, 13 May 2011 22:12:02 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Went to Vegas for a mri for my neck. Inoperable. Spinal cord compression.
Bone spurs grinding on everything they touch.

Then I can't get my left shoe close enough to tie my laces when folding my
legs. Hip replacement on the horizon.

I think I'm just going to lay in a corner and do nothing, or find a cub who
I can teach and have him/her do it all. If it is a her, she has meet
certain "requirements."

Time to get busy.

Steve

Greetings Steve,
A friend of mine has had bone spur issues in his neck for some time.
The operation to fix it was to be very risky and complex with a long
recovery time. I had something similar done in my lower back so he
knew what to expect and he put it off. Now there is a robotic assisted
procedure for his problem available. So he will be having bone spurs
removed from his neck in what is almost an office visit. He will
arrive about 10:00 AM and go home about 4:00 PM. The previous method
would have required a week stay in the hospital with a 4 month
revovery time. So maybe you could find out if robotic assisted surgery
will make relief possible for you.
Eric