Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone got a Milwaukee porta band for sale/trade?

I picked up an older Harbor Freight portaband saw at a yard sale..but
the blade keeps coming off. It doesnt tighten up properly. I checked the
model number..and it uses a 44 1/2" blade. The new ones, along with the
Milwaukees..all use a 44 7/8" blade..and I cant find the shorter blades.

I only paid $5 for it..shrug

I could..make up blades..but my blade welder has gone tits up. Shrug

I missed buying a Milwaukee for $75 a few weeks ago...didnt have enough
cash on me...shrug

But I could sure use one. Mostly to cut EMT conduit with.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On some of the low cost horizontal bandsaws - one of the wheels
are not in line with the other.

Might try lying a bar across all four edges of the wheels.
See if there are unique adjustments.

Martin

On 4/24/2011 2:20 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked up an older Harbor Freight portaband saw at a yard sale..but
the blade keeps coming off. It doesnt tighten up properly. I checked the
model number..and it uses a 44 1/2" blade. The new ones, along with the
Milwaukees..all use a 44 7/8" blade..and I cant find the shorter blades.

I only paid $5 for it..shrug

I could..make up blades..but my blade welder has gone tits up. Shrug

I missed buying a Milwaukee for $75 a few weeks ago...didnt have enough
cash on me...shrug

But I could sure use one. Mostly to cut EMT conduit with.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 24, 9:19*pm, Martin Eastburn
wrote:
On some of the low cost horizontal bandsaws - one of the wheels
are not in line with the other.

Might try lying a bar across all four edges of the wheels.
See if there are unique adjustments.

Martin

On 4/24/2011 2:20 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I picked up an older Harbor Freight portaband saw at a yard sale..but
the blade keeps coming off. It doesnt tighten up properly. I checked the
model number..and it uses a 44 1/2" blade. The new ones, along with the
Milwaukees..all use a 44 7/8" blade..and I cant find the shorter blades..

I only paid $5 for it..shrug

I could..make up blades..but my blade welder has gone tits up. *Shrug

I missed buying a Milwaukee for $75 a few weeks ago...didnt have enough
cash on me...shrug

But I could sure use one. Mostly to cut EMT conduit with.

Gunner

I had offered you a new one at a ridiculously inexpensive
price about 9 months ago and never heard back from you.
NOW you want it?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

Im still recovering from the stroke of 2 yrs ago. If I indeed got the
message, and I honestly dont remember it, Im sorry if I didnt reply back
to you.

My memory is getting better..but..shrug. As a side note..I forgot that I
owned this for over a year....

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Van#

The guy who owns the shop where its parked, asked me about it..and I
said..."van? What van?" and when he looked at me funny..and walked me
out to the back lot...it came slamming back to me like a ton of iron.

How the hell does one forget one owns a 1 ton van, free and clear?

Last week a guy called me to repair a machine. The name sounded
familiar...kinda sorta..and when I drove there...I suddenly remembered
Id been taking care of this guy for 10 yrs, though on a very irregular
basis.

As Ive stated repeatedly..going out back and digging through the Stacks
O Stuff..I keep finding all sorts of Neat ****! that I didnt remember
ever getting.

How much are you asking?

And thanks for remembering.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 25, 3:44*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
snipped

Sent you an email to your gmail.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:34:50 -0700 (PDT), SSM
wrote:

On Apr 25, 3:44*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
snipped

Sent you an email to your gmail.

Responded!

Thanks!!

Im impressed at your work btw. You must be VERY good.

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked up an older Harbor Freight portaband saw at a yard sale..but
the blade keeps coming off. It doesnt tighten up properly. I checked the
model number..and it uses a 44 1/2" blade. The new ones, along with the
Milwaukees..all use a 44 7/8" blade..and I cant find the shorter blades.

I only paid $5 for it..shrug

I could..make up blades..but my blade welder has gone tits up. Shrug

I missed buying a Milwaukee for $75 a few weeks ago...didnt have enough
cash on me...shrug

But I could sure use one. Mostly to cut EMT conduit with.

Gunner

Just a WAG...

Is there enough room inside at the front end of that saw to build up the
OD of the blade idler wheel somehow? You'd prolly have to increase the
OD by about 1/2 inch.

Jeff

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:00:41 -0400, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

There is NO idler wheel, just the driven and the "other one" G

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Then you'll have to invest in my $26,487.53 Other Wheel Stretcher,
sir. It's guaranteed to work or half your money back. I have just one
left in stock. Act NOW!
--
Age is always advancing, and I'm pretty sure it's up to no good.
--Harry Dresden

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I used a misleading term, I was indeed referring to the "other
one", about the same size as the driven one.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The new ones, along with the
Milwaukees..all use a 44 7/8" blade..and I cant find the shorter
blades.

Just about any decent pro tool store will make up bandsaw blades in any
length you need. I'm in bum-****-in-the-sticks Florida, and there are
three stores within 20 miles of me that will weld up blades.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

jeff_wisnia wrote:

(...)

Sorry, I used a misleading term, I was indeed referring to the "other
one", about the same size as the driven one.

Jeff

Yeah Jeff. Shame on you.

Band saw idler wheel, 1380 results:
http://www.google.com/search?q=band+saw+"idler+wheel"&um=1&hl=en&tbm=isc h&ei=_c25TbLBNqTiiALM87XuDw&sa=N&start=40&ndsp=2 0

Band saw other wheel, 1440 results:
http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&site=search&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=band +saw+"other+wheel"&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Ah!

Sigh...no..there is no room. Its actually quite well made and is very
tight in there.

But thanks!!

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

six. " *Jonah Goldberg (modified)- Hide quoted text -

Gummer, the pity card you play expired long ago.

Have you remembered yet that you are a lifelong Democrat?

Or have you remembered to pay all your creditors yet?

TMT